• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

lowhighkang_LHK said:
So how is the GGPO working for you guys?

Don't have the game yet - just wondering if it's creating a better online experience.
No/really small input lag. Yay.

Plenty of “teleporting“ on bad connections. Ugh >__<

Honestly, the problem with online is pretty much everything but the netcode for once.

lowhighkang_LHK said:

Don't have the game yet - just wondering if it's creating a better online experience.
Better than MvC3 and SFIV at launch, but nothing to write home about.

Time will tell, but I think it looks promising.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
SolarKnight said:
No/really small input lag. Yay.

Plenty of “teleporting“ on bad connections. Ugh >__<
I've said this a few times already but I'll repeat myself until it's in the OP or something. You can tweak these settings with the GGPO Delay option.

low number = low input delay, but frequent rollbacks on bad connections
high number = less rollbacks on bad connections, but more input delay

I wish you could adjust this setting per-connection instead of having to go into the options each time, but it's there for you to fuck with if you want.

AwShucks

lowhighkang_LHK said:

Finding a ranked match has taken between 2 seconds and 2 minutes for me. But GGPO has been great and out of my 20+ ranked matches I've only encountered lag twice.

Teknoman said:
Strange...everyone disappeared from the lobby?

Well anyway, Sonicspear 64 and I are in a lobby with 6 spots open.
Please come. We've been doing 5 min intervals of only playing eachother and idling (I think Tekno is trying to invite). ;_;

Oh I know, but I was talking about bad connections and those will always have “teleporting“ if you don‘t want input lag no matter what you do.

I‘m aware you have to sacrifice one thing or the other.

Teknoman

sonicspear64 said:
Please come. We've been doing 5 min intervals of only playing eachother and idling (I think Tekno is trying to invite). ;_;

Yeah every time I idle, im scanning the 3S tag or my own list.

Teknoman

d0c_zaius said:
Sent you an invite.

Ill play with you guys if you are on later.

My Q is mad rusty and prone to overusing EX girly hands.

What was your 360 tag?

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to mention i'm playing the 360 version :p

d0c_zaius

Teknoman said:
What was your 360 tag?

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to mention i'm playing the 360 version :p

oh I bought that one too (3s is my favorite SF, well besides ST, 2nd Impact and Alpha 2).

my GT is d0c z5000. but my 360 stick is at work till tomorrow :(

Teknoman

d0c_zaius said:
oh I bought that one too (3s is my favorite SF, well besides ST, 2nd Impact and Alpha 2).

my GT is d0c z5000. but my 360 stick is at work till tomorrow :(

Says its invald.

EDIT: NM, xbox.com was acting funny.

Btw sixfourty, while I was watching your stream before joining, it was actually pretty smooth. Saw ninja wrecking people with Akuma :p

I never really played SF3 before sinking a lot of hours into Makoto through SSF4 and AE.

Going back now...man a lot of stuff "just works".

CPS2 said:
How exactly do you change the menu screen music? I went through every option I could see, couldn't find it...

Go to the Vault, go to the music section, highlight and unlock the menu music and press 'X' (Xbox360) to change it.

Teknoman

lol for some reason I cant stop jumping into ranked matches...need to pull myself off the game. Playing ranked has really shown me that I need to stop backing off opponents "trying to be fair" :p

EDIT:

o_o I just got the hell juggled out of me by an Ibuki player named Alienware FX. That was some Marvel stuff right there. Sorta redeemed myself just now with a nice toe to toe match vs a Ken (used Sean since im trying to learn how to use his taunt among other things)...so I think i'll call it a night on that note.

Kioshen

Surprised nobody posted this earlier but here we go.

3SO Patch note.

You heard the man send feedback ! My list is not too demanding :

* Regional matchmaking or just stop trying to automate everything you suck at it
* Have an option to hard limit lobby player count. Negative restriction via reserve slot does not cut it.
* I want to punch the clown who decided that making 60s the default timer for rounds on marathon and pro tournament was a great idea. Who the hell plays seriously with a 60s timer.
* Be able to upload replays to your own youtube account and bump quality output. It's ass right now.

V_Arnold

1. Give full options when creating player lobbies. That includes setting the timer, lol. And setting round count weather it is 1 match or best of 3.
2. Regional restrictions when searching/creating lobbies/matches
3. "Show input" option for training mode
4. Player number / Private Slots BOTH. Not just one, please.

Sapiens

Professor Beef said:
The online play is pretty damn good.

The menus? Not so much.

Yeah - this is how I feel. Plays great for me - smooth, no noticeable lag.

But the fucking presentation is trashy, ugly, cheesy, clunky. The front end is more suited to Mortal Kombat 3 than it is Street Fighter.

Some people have no business being employed as graphic designers/interface designers. They must know someone.

mbmonk

I bought 3SO because I played SF4AE last night and got frustrated with dropped inputs ( it makes me want to mash to ensure my move comes out). Regardless GGPO is as good as I remember on the PC.

I am liking 3rd Strike so far. I never played it before. I didn't even know the game existed until I saw it on Youtube. Faster paced movement an parrying are a pleasant change from SF4.

jett

D-Member
mbmonk said:
I bought 3SO because I played SF4AE last night and got frustrated with dropped inputs ( it makes me want to mash to ensure my move comes out). Regardless GGPO is as good as I remember on the PC.

I am liking 3rd Strike so far. I never played it before. I didn't even know the game existed until I saw it on Youtube. Faster paced movement an parrying are a pleasant change from SF4.

Ehh I get a bunch of unrecognized inputs on 3S OS. Ibuki borders on unplayable online sometimes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just had the best Chun vs Chun I've ever played in my 10 years of 3s.

Number of low forward: Over 150
Number of low forward wiffs: 120
Number of jumps: 0 (except SA2 SJ)
Number of hitconfirms into SA2: ~9
Number of time outs: 0 (close every match though)

This is the best footsie game of all time.

NOT online btw

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
STG said:
I totally knew that!
Haha, of course, otherwise I'd add:

"Number of teleporting low forwards: over 9000"

mbmonk

jett said:
Ehh I get a bunch of unrecognized inputs on 3S OS. Ibuki borders on unplayable online sometimes.

Ehh them's the breaks I guess.

EDIT: I hope a patch fixes that for you if it's possible.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Adam Prime said:
Okay I have no desire to learn to play this game, but damn it's fun to watch when it's fun to watch!

This video has made me a fan of watching streams of this game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhhQYb9QWyc&feature=player_embedded

Start watching @ 5:26
Ahaha that was awesome.
I got the game last night kinda on impulse (PSN) and I discovered that I am beyond terrible at it lol. I need to put in lots of work, especially on my execution. Cannot hit confirm super for shit.

Kaako said:
Ahaha that was awesome.
I got the game last night kinda on impulse (PSN) and I discovered that I am beyond terrible at it lol. I need to put in lots of work, especially on my execution. Cannot hit confirm super for shit.
Don't feel bad, I can't either lol

yyr

jett said:
Join failed
Join failed
Join failed
Join failed
Join failed
Join failed
Join failed

Same for me. I can't get a Ranked Match any more. So frustrated.

If the Fight Request feature was in, this wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem. It's the one feature EVERY fighting game should have.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
abstract alien said:
Don't feel bad, I can't either lol
Dat execution must be virgin tight mayn. SF4 got me spoiled lol.
O and online system is kinda ass. I wanna be able to select who I'm fighting on ranked.

Kaako said:
Dat execution must be virgin tight mayn. SF4 got me spoiled lol.
O and online system is kinda ass. I wanna be able to select who I'm fighting on ranked.
Honestly, I could never hit confirm anything. Shit just happens MUCH too fast for me to do it, even if I buffer the special/super motion. I just try my best to guess when it will hit and do the whole damn combo. It's a miracle I ever win against a decent player lol

Top Bottom