• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

jett

D-Member
Dark Octave said:
Whoever sold Capcom that theme song for this level deserves to be shot, right before they are informed that there are more than two keys on a keyboard. Unbelievable.

NO U

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This is the best game of all time.

Oh my God.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
So yeah. Octogonal gate is like swimming in the fucking ocean. Wow. Playing with my boys' SE stick on PS3. WTF at the throw on this thing. Going from a Seimitsu to this is like virgin 'tang to Amsterdam whore.

bob_arctor said:
The disparity is bizarre. I finally tried ranked today and got 5 straight matches fairly quickly, without any glitching, and from green, yellow and red pings as well. The online has been great for me overall.
I think many of the people complaining about the netcode live outside the U.S., in countries that probably don't have as many fighting game players. So thanks to the terrible matchmaking they're probably getting mostly high-ping matches. It's a real shame it doesn't show your ping like HDR and MvC2 did. I'm thinking green is anything under 150, and if so it's pretty damn amazing how smooth it is. 3SOE is much better than 3S on GGPO was, and with low ping it's the best console netcode I've used.

Shame about all the stupid bullshit that makes it such a bitch to get a game going though. Last night I was getting ranked matches pretty damn quick but that was probably just a fluke. I've found it's easy to get 4 player tourneys going. No matchmaking issues there and they're pretty quick. People should check them out.

I was fighting this dude earlier. I took a look at his profile. This is his bio quote:

3strash.jpg

He...he kinda mashed and spammed a lot. And unfortunately he beat me once doing it. :( Maybe I would have stood a chance if the parry system weren't so usless...!

qcf x2

Rummy Bunnz said:
I was fighting this dude earlier. I took a look at his profile. This is his bio quote:

That was hilarious.

I def think it'll be an entirely different game if they fix the matchmaking and allow local search. The only reason I can even imagine for not having it in the first place is if they anticipated low sales. No point in searching locally if nobody in your region has it, etc.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Okay, I'm on PSN tonight. Hooked up my boys' PS3 in the basement. Gonna send out friend invites soon. His PSN handle is:

Onimaniac

Hopefully Kadey hosts tonight so we can get some streaming action going.

oracrest

Been slowly getting my timing back with this game, after 4 years...

Lots if fun fighting SFgaf. QusTopTier schooled me something fierce last night.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Rummy Bunnz said:
I think many of the people complaining about the netcode live outside the U.S., in countries that probably don't have as many fighting game players. So thanks to the terrible matchmaking they're probably getting mostly high-ping matches. It's a real shame it doesn't show your ping like HDR and MvC2 did. I'm thinking green is anything under 150, and if so it's pretty damn amazing how smooth it is. 3SOE is much better than 3S on GGPO was, and with low ping it's the best console netcode I've used.

Shame about all the stupid bullshit that makes it such a bitch to get a game going though. Last night I was getting ranked matches pretty damn quick but that was probably just a fluke. I've found it's easy to get 4 player tourneys going. No matchmaking issues there and they're pretty quick. People should check them out.

Yeah, I don't get how people can say the netcode is bad because it's been almost nothing but smooth sailing in my experience. The matchmaking is indeed shit, but GGPO doesn't have anything to do with that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How the hell do I change damage output in this game? Nothing in dip switch or am I blind?

AwShucks

Man, ranked matches were atrocious this morning. Found one match in a span of like 10 minutes.

Actually, I found plenty. But most of them said the session no longer existed. Ugh.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
just sent out a few invites on PSN. once again, playing on my friends' PS3, his handle is:

Onimaniac

Please send me an invite! It takes way too long to hit up everybody on that list in the OP.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Rummy Bunnz said:

3strash.jpg

He...he kinda mashed and spammed a lot. And unfortunately he beat me once doing it. :( Maybe I would have stood a chance if the parry system weren't so usless...!
SPAMERS

mbmonk

bob_arctor said:
just sent out a few invites on PSN. once again, playing on my friends' PS3, his handle is:

Onimaniac

Please send me an invite! It takes way too long to hit up everybody on that list in the OP.

GG. I had to go. I am watching football (american version) right now. I will be on but it will be much later. 2 hours or so from now.

EDIT: Someone invite him to the PS3 SF chatroom.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
mbmonk said:
GG. I had to go. I am watching football (american version) right now. I will be on but it will be much later. 2 hours or so from now.

EDIT: Someone invite him to the PS3 SF chatroom.
gg! getting used to this octogonal gate is a bitch. you really have to exaggerate motions and QCFx2 is a crap shoot so far.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
oracrest said:
I have been playing a lot. I added a few PSN names, but haven't hit the whole list. Feel free to add me...

PSN oracrest
pretty sure i sent you an invite. always good to see another member of the hugo army.

Vice

Does anyone have tips for a beginner Alex? I'm trying to figure out good pokes and some basic combos. So far MP,MP and cr.MP are my best friends.

jett

D-Member
Man playing 3S online has made me realize just how beastly Chun Li's standing fierce is, lolz. Why do people keep jumping into their doom?

Tobe

jett said:
Man playing 3S online has made me realize just how beastly Chun Li's standing fierce is, lolz. Why do people keep jumping into their doom?

b+fierce hitbox is stupid but since i main chun i love it :D hope to catch a few sessions with you jett

Yoshichan

Holy shit, that's enough games for me.

414 games played (2 rounds), with a buddy of mine.

Perfection of a game.

mbmonk

Fright Zone said:
Played over 50 matches and not had a single green light yet.
I really hope they fix the matchmaking soon.

Same. I have played at least that many if not more and haven't had a green light. :(

qcf x2

SmartGAF: Is it possible for Capcom to raise the upload resolution with a patch? I think if enough people ask for it and it's technically feasible, they will.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Got a new stick and said what the hell and grabbed 3rd strike.

PSN is worldrevolution. Can I get added to the list? Japan region. If anyone else is here in J-land please feel free to just add me. I'm on every night with a lot of the community here.

RyanDG

ScOULaris said:
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere in the thread, but has anyone else had fairly regular freezing with this game? At least once a day I have to turn off my PS3 via the power button on the console because the game completely locks up. My brother had the same problem as well.

Not yet no. But I am having a lot of issues in both versions (xbox360 and ps3) with the music just dropping out completely. Which honestly - sometimes isn't a bad thing - but is a bit annoying.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
good games to QisTopTier! that oro is a tricky bastard. won't be on anymore tonight--Irene finally flooded my basement. Hopefully tomorrow night Hugo will be ready again though.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
My hurricane irene night will forever be remembered...as the night i relearned urien's tackle tackle headbutt and even did it... twice!

Top Bottom