• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

I played some dude in ranked with the gt BLG Juicebox on 360. Regardless of whether he is the real one or not, I uploaded it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng59DipKAgQ&feature=channel_video_title

The match was mostly playable. Sometimes there was teleporting and heavy rollback (I think there was a time where he blocked my cr. mk and actually gained hp...) but overall it was acceptable for a yellow bar match.

Now keep in mind that I suck at 3S. I've been watching vids for years but I've only played the game casually or in free tournaments.

I'm Ken btw.

Toski

sonicspear64 said:
I played some dude in ranked with the gt BLG Juicebox on 360. Regardless of whether he is the real one or not, I uploaded it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng59DipKAgQ&feature=channel_video_title

The match was mostly playable. Sometimes there was teleporting and heavy rollback (I think there was a time where he blocked my cr. mk and actually gained hp...) but overall it was acceptable for a yellow bar match.

Now keep in mind that I suck at 3S. I've been watching vids for years but I've only played the game casually or in free tournaments.
Were you Ken or Sean?

sonicspear64 said:

I'm Ken btw.
I wonder if Juice acts out supers in this game

Teknoman

Everytime I see someone still attacking even after they've scored the KO, it makes me feel like they were button mashing for some reason.

Teknoman said:
Everytime I see someone still attacking even after they've scored the KO, it makes me feel like they were button mashing for some reason.

I usually do this just to get that extra hit in. Just feels good to land a hit while its all slow mo and stuff. I don't mean in a "taunting" or rude way. Or mashing :p

And does any one else have really bad lag when playing in lobbies but pretty good/ok connection when playing ranked?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Just started a 360 room. Looks like a Q night for me, at least for a bit. Anybody want in, hop on and I'll send an invite (gotta be on the meta tag)

Why do you guys always have to start things when I have to go soon? =/

Anyways, currently in tourney mode, so I had to decline that invite.

*sigh* Just as I landed a low kick for the win, the game rollsback and it turns out that Elena was recovering and I only hit her out of it and ended up losing -___-

bob_arctor said:
Just started a 360 room. Looks like a Q night for me, at least for a bit. Anybody want in, hop on and I'll send an invite (gotta be on the meta tag)
I'm not on the meta tag now (just added myself), but I'd like an invite. GT: sonicspear64

ShaneB

If you send a friend request to the metatag, feel free to send me a pm saying you did so. Can't constantly check, so just let me know so you're not waiting around too long.

RS4-

bob_arctor said:

ggs to you, lake, sonic and usvi?

Sorry I couldn't stick around longer.

jman2050

Ferrio has a pretty beastly Makoto. At least I got one win in just barely so I'm good!

And then I proceeded to lose to the other Makoto by letting myself get chipped by SA2 when I could've pressed any button inbetween the string and won.

In short, Makoto mirror matches are nuts

Ferrio

Banned
jman2050 said:
Ferrio has a pretty beastly Makoto. At least I got one win in just barely so I'm good!

And then I proceeded to lose to the other Makoto by letting myself get chipped by SA2 when I could've pressed any button inbetween the string and won.

In short, Makoto mirror matches are nuts

GGs to you too. That damn Karakusa->HP link is killing me. I used to never have any troubles with it... ugh.

Thanks for the games 360 GAF, and for putting up with my scrubby day two Ibuki and Oro. I swear, I practice this crap in training mode, then as soon as I start playing I just mash like an idiot. At least I stopped trying to cancel into neckbreaker off of jabs after the first game or three.

LakeEarth

bob_arctor said:
gg! that's a mean dudley you got.
Holy crap yes. That's a polished, practiced Dudley right there RS4- has. He got off a 5x launcher into ducking under uppercut super like it was a breeze.

Ferrio said:
GGs to you too. That damn Karakusa->HP link is killing me. I used to never have any troubles with it... ugh.

You might already know this, and even if you don't, online might make it weird, but the easiest thing to know is that you can press buttons immediately after she yells, so time the HP accordingly.

Also rs4 let's play some timez yo

Haha what the hell. I just started an online game, the colors on both characters were completely messed up and the controls were reversed so when I pressed forward my dude walked backwards. Then it suddenly switched so we were controlling each others characters. Then it said my opponent had left the match. Super crazy glitch.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
adversesolutions said:
dude lol at this 3s srk veteran showing up to rape gaffers : /
RS4 is definitely on some high level shit, no question, but it was still fun playing him. My Q/Hugo even beat him...barely! But watching his Dudley dance around was dope. Next time hopefully we can get in more matches.

LakeEarth

bob_arctor said:
RS4 is definitely on some high level shit, no question, but it was still fun playing him. My Q/Hugo even beat him...barely! But watching his Dudley dance around was dope. Next time hopefully we can get in more matches.
Yeah, it wasn't like we were helpless. But impressive none the less.

I saw him do those resets where you have to parry the super or else it'll hit you. I haven't seen those in so long that I forgot you could do that. I was so ready for them but the opportunity for the badass parrying never came up.

voodoopanda said:
Haha what the hell. I just started an online game, the colors on both characters were completely messed up and the controls were reversed so when I pressed forward my dude walked backwards. Then it suddenly switched so we were controlling each others characters. Then it said my opponent had left the match. Super crazy glitch.
We are the beta testers.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Uh... I completely forgot about this.

With Chun, how do I combo close.HK into SA2? Do I need to super jump cancel after the HK and quickly input the SA2?

LakeEarth

Yoshichan said:
Uh... I completely forgot about this.

With Chun, how do I combo close.HK into SA2? Do I need to super jump cancel after the HK and quickly input the SA2?
You need to sj cancel it, but you can mix the 2xqcf and superjump together. When you do the first qcf, hit uf and it should work.

EDIT - changed to make it a bit clearer

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LakeEarth said:
Yup. For the first qcf, hit uf and it should work.
Perfect! Thanks man

There will be some crazy ass shenanigans with 2 bars of SA2 now :lol

mattp

first hit is a down parry, everything else is forward

it's 3 sets of 2

down right
slight pause
right right
longer pause
right right

it was actually the hardest one for me besides 10

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
mattp said:

it's 3 sets of 2

down right
slight pause
right right
longer pause
right right

Really? I haven't finished it yet, but I distinctly remember parrying the first hit with a right, not a down.

oracrest

Had some great matches in the GAF room last night.

Got my first perfect round online last night, and against a Ryu, which feels good. Tables seem to be turning on ranked matches, where I am getting used to ole Hugo's moveset again, and getting my timing down better, and winning much more often, especially against Chun's, Kens, and Ryus :)

Oracrest's Hugo vs. Ryu

Oracrest's Hugo vs. Chun-Li

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
mattp said:

it's 3 sets of 2

down right
slight pause
right right
longer pause
right right

awesome. thx so much. it had me stumped--i did the rest except for the last obviously which i don't think i'll bother with too much for my own sanity.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
oracrest said:
Had some great matches in the GAF room last night.

Got my first perfect round online last night, and against a Ryu, which feels good. Tables seem to be turning on ranked matches, where I am getting used to ole Hugo's moveset again, and getting my timing down better, and winning much more often, especially against Chun's, Kens, and Ryus :)

Oracrest's Hugo vs. Ryu

Oracrest's Hugo vs. Chun-Li
My fellow Hugo Army Member, use his claps up close more and his patty cake slap (standing MP) to poke! both are a pain in the ass to deal with. good patience though--my main problem is being way too savage with the big guy and not really game planning beyond "gigas this fool".

Top Bottom