• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

tigerin

if this game's online wasn't so bad according to most people. i would have buy this over ssf4 ae. just ordered it on amazon.

Conceited said:
Courtesy of DBJ

0Ail7.jpg

oracrest

tigerin said:
if this game's online wasn't so bad according to most people. i would have buy this over ssf4 ae. just ordered it on amazon.

The actual fights are great for me. No lag, and Parrying feels just as responsive as the arcades. The lobby stuff seems a bit rough, but I haven't had many issues finding people online.

Zombie James said:
I like GGPO, a lot more than "traditional" netcode.
Seems like GGPO is REALLY good when at its best, but feels even below traditional at its worse. Granted, I can't blame GGPO for someone having a bad connection though. It mostly seems to be nice when both players have a good connection. We had some great matches last night and it was all smooth as hell a good 95% of the time.

XLant

Neo Member
Aaah, haven't been putting the time I'd like into this yet. If only I could tear myself away from VF5's Quest Mode more...digital crack of the highest grade.

ShinobiFist said:
Anyone notice multi-inputs not being recognize at times? I try this with different sticks, 360's and PS3's(Monitors as well)I never had this issue on the PS2, DC, XBOX and GGPO. Some of my friends saying the same as well.
Definitely; I've had some difficulty clearing some of the challenges due to this. Or perhaps SSFIV's button-cuddling has made us all soft?

_dementia said:
THIS (capture and deadly blow)
IS (EX dashing head attack)
SPARTA (HK)

I love Q. So much fun for someone with shit execution such as myself.
I'm really warming up to Q as an alt. A menacing miracle birthed of Rorschach and Darth Vader's forbidden love.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
SephirothRK said:
You mean like ex commands? I have some problem with that also.

I'm glad to know this isn't me or my stick. There really is something weird with EX moves not coming out. If I use the 3x punch/kick buttons though they come out fine. What's up with this?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
worldrevolution said:
I'm glad to know this isn't me or my stick. There really is something weird with EX moves not coming out. If I use the 3x punch/kick buttons though they come out fine. What's up with this?
I don't think 3S supports plinking. If the buttons aren't hit on the same frame it may not count as a simultaneous like in SF4.

Ferrio

Banned
GGs everyone tonight. Man, Makoto VS Hugo is such a boring match. Have to change my playstyle 100% due to his grappling ass.

zlatko

Banned
So I've been on hiatus from this game thanks to Deus Ex, but what's the word on the online fix?

I know Derek said they are working on it, but is there an ETA on when it will drop ?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Think I'm slowly but surely getting used to this parrying business.

That seems to be the biggest thing I'm having trouble getting used to. Otherwise, I already feel at home with the game. Maybe because I'm playing Makoto and the flow of the match with her isn't too different in 3S than it is in AE. She has to worry more about safe jumps and option selects in AE, but in both games she's generally about getting your back on the ground and fucking your shit up.

I still got my shit wrecked by people who've obviously played the game before recently, though. I got completely destroyed earlier by a Chun that was doing all kinds of crazy super jump cancel shit. But I feel like king of the noobs otherwise, lol.

galvatron

Ferrio said:
GGs everyone tonight. Man, Makoto VS Hugo is such a boring match. Have to change my playstyle 100% due to his grappling ass.

Yeah, GGs to all.

Funny, I feel the same way from the Hugo side of things. She's clearly a better grappler than him and his normals are garbage compared to her mediums. Since I can't parry worth anything, I'm not really sure what to do with her...aside from just pick Ryu to cr. mk/ fireball the dashes.

Q's jumping roundhouse has such a weird hitbox. I'm trying to do his 3rd trial but having the toughest time comboing it into his standing forward. The rest of the combo I can do easily. Half the time the jumping roundhouse misses with Q's feet going right through the other guys body haha. Any tips on spacing/timing?

Also another weird glitch, once when I selected Q's 3rd trial it put me into a Gill vs Gill game. Exiting and going back in fixed it.

Number45

Fired this up last night and was genuinely amazed by how badly I did. Went through a few of the trials (not the harder ones, I have a hard enough time just remembering them let alone executing them. :p) then had a quick go in arcade mode and literally couldn't do anything.

Determined this time not to let the stick beat me, though perhaps SF4 might provide a better learning curve (or alternatively spoil me for other, less lenient games?).

V_Arnold

Lost Fragment said:
Think I'm slowly but surely getting used to this parrying business.

That seems to be the biggest thing I'm having trouble getting used to. Otherwise, I already feel at home with the game. Maybe because I'm playing Makoto and the flow of the match with her isn't too different in 3S than it is in AE. She has to worry more about safe jumps and option selects in AE, but in both games she's generally about getting your back on the ground and fucking your shit up.

I still got my shit wrecked by people who've obviously played the game before recently, though. I got completely destroyed earlier by a Chun that was doing all kinds of crazy super jump cancel shit. But I feel like king of the noobs otherwise, lol.

Wow man, sick parrying!

voodoopanda said:
Q's jumping roundhouse has such a weird hitbox. I'm trying to do his 3rd trial but having the toughest time comboing it into his standing forward. The rest of the combo I can do easily. Half the time the jumping roundhouse misses with Q's feet going right through the other guys body haha. Any tips on spacing/timing?

Yeah. Hit the roundhouse when you are about to reach the top of your jump.

TxdoHawk

I feel fighting game inept. Why can't I cancel into the hurricane kick for Ryu's second combo in the trials mode? I feel like I'm missing something extremely obvious.

Number45

TxdoHawk said:
I feel fighting game inept. Why can't I cancel into the hurricane kick for Ryu's second combo in the trials mode? I feel like I'm missing something extremely obvious.
Is that the one that starts with j.fierce, cr.fierce? If so, you're not alone. I failed at so many trials last night that seemed like they should have been easy.

Said it before with SF4, but it would have been really nice if they gave you an option to SEE what the finished article was supposed to look like - and, because I suck at remembering things, have the option to put the commands on screen at all times.

TxdoHawk

Number45 said:
Is that the one that starts with j.fierce, cr.fierce? If so, you're not alone. I failed at so many trials last night that seemed like they should have been easy.

Said it before with SF4, but it would have been really nice if they gave you an option to SEE what the finished article was supposed to look like - and, because I suck at remembering things, have the option to put the commands on screen at all times.

Yeah, that's the one. I looked for a video where somebody was working on it, and the guy I found effortlessly got it on his first try and didn't even comment on it. x_x

Number45

TxdoHawk said:
Yeah, that's the one. I looked for a video where somebody was working on it, and the guy I found effortlessly got it on his first try and didn't even comment on it. x_x
It's clearly just tricky timing. Hits one, two and three are easy enough - but I had sporadic success when cancelling the st.jab into rh tatsu as a separate move, so linking the two together usually resulted in the tatsu not coming out. :(

Doesn't help that I'm still working on playing with a stick of course, so moves that require some memory, manual dexterity with the stick AND to move from top left to bottom right on the buttons are going to give me headaches.

Number45 said:
Anyone have any idea what this is?

It's on the euro PSN update today for 79p.
It unlocks system direction. You can tweak game settings like removing parries, add air blocking, access multiple supers, etc. You can unlock it for free if you beat Arcade with each character though.

Kioshen

TxdoHawk said:

You have to do the J.HP close to the head like right before you land so that you chain into cr.HP then cancel into Tatsu.

Sometimes it's best to split combos into parts and then assemble it later. Work on nailing the cr.HP xx Tatsu section at least 10 times in a row then add the jumping part.

Number45

Kioshen said:
You have to do the J.HP close to the head like right before you land so that you chain into cr.HP then cancel into Tatsu.

Sometimes it's best to split combos into parts and then assemble it later. Work on nailing the cr.HP xx Tatsu section at least 10 times in a row then add the jumping part.
That particular trial has a standing jab in there as well, I think it would be easy enough without it.

I got completely and utterly shut down by a Sean online. Gunna choose to believe tier lists don't mean nothin to avoid being too demoralized.

LakeEarth

TxdoHawk said:
This combo is Ryu's meterless BnB combo, and what you do after you stun with the denjin super. So he's probably done that combo a hundred times.

Top Bottom