• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Just got my TE stick from UPS 30 mins ago. Its like learning how to play all over again but I already see myself learning quick. Thank you guys for the help the other day.

oracrest

bob_arctor said:
My fellow Hugo Army Member, use his claps up close more and his patty cake slap (standing MP) to poke! both are a pain in the ass to deal with. good patience though--my main problem is being way too savage with the big guy and not really game planning beyond "gigas this fool".

Yeah, my biggest thing is to throw a lot of random attacks out, it usually messes them up, and at least hides the repetition. That MP is a great move. I guess I just didn't use as much in these rounds. I like his weak punch too, super fast :)

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
oracrest said:
Yeah, my biggest thing is to throw a lot of random attacks out, it usually messes them up, and at least hides the repetition. That MP is a great move. I guess I just didn't use as much in these rounds. I like his weak punch too, super fast :)

yup, that's my downfall. i even forget to use his lp clothesline to catch jumpers. sigh.

oracrest

bob_arctor said:
yup, that's my downfall. i even forget to use his lp clothesline to catch jumpers. sigh.

His jumping clothesline spin is a great attack for coming in and doing a 360/720 grab. Huge reach, so you end up hitting jumpers pretty often with it too. You can time it so that it just misses, and the instant he touches ground, let the hugs go... You can also start this attack just a few frames before he lands, and still pull it off on touchdown...

For replays, is it possible to save the unsaved replays? I tried saving some of the match room fights too, but couldn't find the option :/ Does anyone know how?

bob_arctor said:
My fellow Hugo Army Member, use his claps up close more and his patty cake slap (standing MP) to poke! both are a pain in the ass to deal with. good patience though--my main problem is being way too savage with the big guy and not really game planning beyond "gigas this fool".

Hugo's Strong/Fierce Palm Bombers also have deceptively fast recovery and are a great baiting tool.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Gentleman Jack said:
Hugo's Strong/Fierce Palm Bombers also have deceptively fast recovery and are a great baiting tool.

dat frame advantage!

and finally did dudley's parry challenge. shit was a bitch. basically you have to start after his second crouch--right when he gets up--before the super.

THIS (capture and deadly blow)
IS (EX dashing head attack)
SPARTA (HK)

I love Q. So much fun for someone with shit execution such as myself.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
_dementia said:
SPARTA (HK)

I love Q. So much fun for someone with shit execution such as myself.

b&b, baby (gotta add dat taunt after)! worse one, though not as useful, is this:

jump in HK, close MK>dash punch>SAII, wait a sec, then dash punch for the juggle.

Looks disgusting and it's demoralizing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hey guys, I've never really played 3rd Strike seriously or any fighting game for that matter, but a bunch of the people I play with are playing Third Strike. I bought it because I always loved the game in arcades even though I wasn't a huge fighting game fan(same thing with Virtua Fighter 2)

Any players or videos I should watch if I'm playing Oro?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
TheFightingFish said:
Demoralizing is when I forget that taunts matter in 3rd strike and I let Q turn into a 9,999 HP monster for free basically :p.

haha yeah, you let me get away with that wayyy too much last night!

oracrest

Cloudius12 said:
ggs last night psn gaf. My Yun did ok =D

Yes, great practice for me! It was fun, even though I always lost in the GAF room last night :)

I finally scored a USB keyboard, so chatting just got waaaaay easier.

LakeEarth

_dementia said:
SPARTA (HK)
I don't pick Q a lot, but I need to use this more often. I always go for the C&DB -> overhead dash punch -> jab dash punch. Even though that can be character specific and have no clue who those characters are.

I should probably switch to Kuroda's -> overhead dash punch -> EX dash punch move. It does a miniscule amount of extra damage, but its the only way to safely taunt with Q while still being on top of your opponent on their wakeup. And heck, what else are you going to use that meter for?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
LakeEarth said:
I don't pick Q a lot, but I need to use this more often. I always go for the C&DB -> overhead dash punch -> jab dash punch. Even though that can be character specific and have no clue who those characters are.

I should probably switch to Kuroda's -> overhead dash punch -> EX dash punch move. It does a miniscule amount of extra damage, but its the only way to safely taunt with Q while still being on top of your opponent on their wakeup. And heck, what else are you going to use that meter for?

yeah, i don't do any of those--like you said, it's character specific and also, i can't seem to pull it off. ever. strictly c&db>ex dash punch>HK>taunt all over your face for me.

i think i will stick with the masked menace for a bit actually...

LakeEarth

QisTopTier said:
His insanely high damage super? :3
Well it isn't that easy to land (except after the command throw, but that causes damage scaling pretty hard). I like Super 1 better just to punish lazy sweeps and other punishable normals. Just more opportunities show up (though Super 2 is a good antiair).

Actually, what I really like to do is use (troll with) Super 3. Q builds up meter pretty fast. The second I have it, activate it and then never even try to use it. People keep trying to run away? Free taunts! Get in? Keep knocking them out of the air because they're too worried about getting hit. Did they stop trying to jump out? DANGER BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

mattp

i haven't had internet because of the hurricane on the east coast, but i think i'm back up and running now(i'll know when i get home from work), if anyone wants to play some matches with a scrubby dudley :D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
From two days ago. Too tired to do anything last night. Tonight will be a fine night.

Some matches from then.

Red Scarlet former NeoGAF mod makes an appearance vs me.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/293870139

Some Village idiot Hugo user vs ProfessorBeef.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/293870548

That same Hugo getting bodied by PSN GAF's best player who has mastered the art of doing anything in lag.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/293868462

Me using Yang.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/293867444

Beef vs Cloudius.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/293870060

A bunch of other ones are in the archives.

Still laughing at getting goomba-stomped by Cloudius.
KuGsj.gif

Hitokage said:
I'm having the same issue. On the PS3 version the char select screen unlock is the arcade version, but on 360 it's something else.
is the first selection in the music vault not "Classic Theme Music: Character Select" on the 360?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
SephirothRK said:
is the first selection in the music vault not "Classic Theme Music: Character Select" on the 360?
It is, but unless I'm going crazy here, it's not the same song. I don't hear that countdown. It says "welcome to the world of street fighter 3" then plays something that's more like the select next opponent screen from arcade mode.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was using Oro and used his power up special, whatever it is. The computer tried to kick me, I parried it and press fierce to use the super grab and win the round.

I felt pretty awesome.

fernie417

Hitokage said:
It is, but unless I'm going crazy here, it's not the same song. I don't hear that countdown. It says "welcome to the world of street fighter 3" then plays something that's more like the select next opponent screen from arcade mode.
It's the same song, it's just the entire song instead of the thirty second loop. They probably grabbed it from the soundtrack CD or something.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
fernie417 said:
It's the same song, it's just the entire song instead of the thirty second loop. They probably grabbed it from the soundtrack CD or something.
...but I want to use it in-game so I need the loop. :(

Also, the short version is on the CD as a separate track.

Anyone notice multi-inputs not being recognize at times? I try this with different sticks, 360's and PS3's(Monitors as well)I never had this issue on the PS2, DC, XBOX and GGPO. Some of my friends saying the same as well.

RS4-

east of eastside said:
Is there any way to skip the bonus rounds like you could on the PS2 version?

I'm not sure if they can be skipped but I know the ball parrying one is different.

ShinobiFist said:
Anyone notice multi-inputs not being recognize at times? I try this with different sticks, 360's and PS3's(Monitors as well)I never had this issue on the PS2, DC, XBOX and GGPO. Some of my friends saying the same as well.

You mean like ex commands? I have some problem with that also.

Top Bottom