• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Mechazawa

SF4 is the express example of how not to do Dudley. Leaner face, lower pitched weaselly voice, stupid lyrics ruining an otherwise decent remix of Blow My Mind, stupid looking corkscrew blow. IT'S ALL WRONG.

Of course his Japanese voice was fine.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kimosabae said:
I like the way Dudley looks and sounds better in SSF4. Sorry. His sprite work looks totally undistinguished.
You just feel uncomfortable around his big floppy animated penis.... WHY CAPCOM WHY I CAN'T UNSEE IT
And now all of you will be tainted as well.

Rocwell

QisTopTier said:
You just feel uncomfortable around his big floppy animated penis.... WHY CAPCOM WHY I CAN'T UNSEE IT
dudley-lowblock.gif

The Take Out Bandit said:
And no charge moves, and button mashing specials are limited to AFTER you input the electricity motion. :p

Of course I know that.

Re: Dudley

I got used to his IV voice and like it now, but to me 3's will always be superior.

QisTopTier said:
I feel more uncomfortable knowing that Oro exposes his dong during a frame of his sweep.

SUPARSTARX

Just got back from the Capcom Fight Club in NYC. 3sOE filters are really pretty good looking. Way more refined than the emulator ones.

I'm definitely going to have some nice fun with 3sOE until UMVC3 comes out.

Lothars

Does anyone know why the discount isn't showing up for preorders of third strike on the PS3? I want to pick it up but it's not showing anything but full price now.

Playing AE just makes me want this more. Remembering the time when my execution wasn't f*cked completely by input assists.

I don't mind losing on my own terms, most of my AE losses come from my frustration with the controls not doing what in the hell I intended to do.

The only 2D fighter in which this is a problem for me. :|

Gaspode_T

This has to be one of the best OT style threads I've ever seen in the history of GAF. Great job putting it together

I'll be playing on 360, my friends list is full but maybe I'll see some of you online if you play very late at night :p

Lothars said:
Does anyone know why the discount isn't showing up for preorders of third strike on the PS3? I want to pick it up but it's not showing anything but full price now.
Are you on PSN+? It's only available for Plus users.

Rickenslacker said:
Are you on PSN+? It's only available for Plus users.

I'm curious if he'll see it in his basket.

Previously it showed $14.99 for Dirty Poors, and $11.99 for Sony Mark of the Beast. Now it just shows the Dirty Poor price, while if you look at any of the other games for pre-sale in the deal it shows both prices.

I'm going to chalk this up to typical PSN mis-management.

Have you looked to see if it shows up as $11.99 in your cart if you have Sony Mark of the Beast?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Already sent a friend request to the metatag, but you might as well add my tag to the OP I guess.

XBL: Sixfortyfive (Alabama)

AAK

Skilletor said:
Do you purposely neuter yourself or do you just end up liking those characters because of the way they play?

Because I think it's silly when people are like, "I'm not going to play top tier characters!" just because they're top tier.

Isn't that what Combofiend does? I suppose some people like that revel at the challenge and makes the victory all that sweeter. There are a lot more risks at place but the rewards are better as well.

But I usually just end up playing with the character that clicks with me, and it usually never ends up as the character I pre-meditatively decide to main when I pick up the game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Same I just use who clicks with me, I don't care if I lose. As long as I'm enjoying the character and gameplay I'm satisfied. Doesn't mean I don't try to rape face though :)

Imm0rt4l

AAK said:
Isn't that what Combofiend does? I suppose some people like that revel at the challenge and makes the victory all that sweeter. There are a lot more risks at place but the rewards are better as well.

But I usually just end up playing with the character that clicks with me, and it usually never ends up as the character I pre-meditatively decide to main when I pick up the game.
Yea, combofiend doesn't like playing the really strong characters, he likes the challenge. He used to dislike playing abel cuz he said abel was too good and so he played guy and mak. I'm a little guilty as well of not picking top, I don't want the character winning for me, I want to win on my own accord even though I really do like Yun. My character isn't a very strong one but I kinda like playing the obscure and difficult character, the wins are never empty, although I do wish he were more viable.

Top Bottom