• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Skilletor said:
I guess. I haven't experienced anything like that, though. I almost always get what I want. I never feel it's the game's fault if I don't.

It sucks because it ruins a lot of characters I enjoy - Hakan, Adon, uh - crap I've been playing Hakan so long I've forgotten. Basically any instance where a character has a potentially overlapping command input I cannot rely on in online play.

I do agree that SF2 does everything better than SF4. :)

Hell yes. :D

I only play SF4 because everybody plays SF4. It's a vicious circle of hatred that feeds upon itself.

I only play SSF4/AE to be the speaker for Hakan. Awesome character design needs more love, even if he's broken as hell. :(

I'm debating on getting rid of AE after the ranbats are over, or waiting for the patch. The input assist will always be in the game; but if they can finally give Hakan some good options. YES!

That's another thing I miss about 3. Character move sets just felt more versatile. Even big guys had super effective AA special moves - SF2/4 big guys get minimal AA love. Really disappointing. Alex and Hugo's air slams are fantastic.

Hopefully SF5 isn't a Udung and CliffyB joint as Capcom so desperately seems to want.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The Take Out Bandit said:
It sucks because it ruins a lot of characters I enjoy - Hakan, Adon, uh - crap I've been playing Hakan so long I've forgotten. Basically any instance where a character has a potentially overlapping command input I cannot rely on in online play.

Seth is the worst offender to me. I find him really fun to play but he has overlap like crazy, and complete shit health to compound it.

zlatko

Banned
Papercuts said:
Seth is the worst offender to me. I find him really fun to play but he has overlap like crazy, and complete shit health to compound it.

It REALLY makes me appreciate Poongko even more though that he could 90% overcome that at high level play, especially considering how crazy SF4's inputs were and option selects and such. You'll still see him get the wrong thing time to time, but he's got some sick execution.

I wonder if he plays any SF3. :O

Ferrio

Banned
k0t2ck.gif

<3

Wonder if I can troll a match just with this move and parries?

Kioshen

_dementia said:
Who are you guys maining in this game?

I used to main Yang and still love the character but trying to change gears and go Denjin Ryu. Keeping Urien, Alex and Necro as casual chars.

I have no luck with Makoto at all in this game, I think I'm just too used to the SF4 engine now - I'm preferring to use characters not in that so it's not messing with my mind.

Lots of wins with Hugo just from using normals. I love using Twelve and Q but having a hard time winning unless the connection is flawless. Tried Elena, still as useless as I remember.

Ferrio said:
k0t2ck.gif

<3

sometimes I intentionally get hit by the first few jump ins at the beginning of the round just to make them think it's safe. then the standing mp and ducking rh come out when I need them.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
adversesolutions said:
Yep GGs, especially to n33ss who had me downloaded quite a few times. Most of my victories were pretty narrow. Also lol at n33ss hit confirming low forward into SAIII with Ken on a yellow connection. Elite.

I've been playin this motherfucker since 99 though, so yeah my Remy's had a lot of practice ;P

Yeah, good games last night, sorry I left randomly, had some stuff to take care of. You have a very good Remy --good practice for me because I hate/suck fighting against him!

Lets get some games again soon :)

Azure J

Ferrio said:
k0t2ck.gif

<3

Real talk, it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I realized just how godlike this normal was. Nothing says troll btw than s.MP -> EX Fukiage on jumpers who are trained to expect nothing of note coming down. :lol

Makoto main for the person that asked earlier, but I'm looking into Yang (Rekka/Speedy characters are always fun), and a tossup between Elena & Ibuki for third.

Ferrio

Banned
AzureJericho said:
Real talk, it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I realized just how godlike this normal was. Nothing says troll btw than s.MP -> EX Fukiage on jumpers who are trained to expect nothing of note coming down. :lol

Until you get the smart parry->throw people. Getting too used to people just eating it over and over. Makes me get crappy when someone good comes up.

zlatko

Banned
Ferrio said:
k0t2ck.gif

<3

I don't think that troll works against Akuma jumpers. Pretty sure he can jump and do his dive kick and it'll blow Makoto up for doing it.

; ; Why can't Akuma be as beastly in SF4 as he is in 3?

Ferrio

Banned
zlatko said:
I don't think that troll works against Akuma jumpers. Pretty sure he can jump and do his dive kick and it'll blow Makoto up for doing it.

; ; Why can't Akuma be as beastly in SF4 as he is in 3?

Think he means using it as a meaty against people jumping from a knockdown. Least that's what I mean.

qcf x2

Red Liquorice said:
Tried Elena, still as useless as I remember.

You crazy. Unless I'm playing skilled 3s vets she's free Perfects for me. I hate to even use her some times; the stuns and perfects get me booted often.

And wtf, I finally decide I wanna start uploading replays and it says the server is down? C'mon C!

Vinsanity

I'm on PSN right now, if anyone wants to play: Vinzanity
I'm just starting out again, so I'm mostly using shotos. (I also need that couch potato trophy.)

mattp

to add to the "i have a hard time pulling off EX moves", has anyone had any issues with what feels like dropped inputs while playing online?
normally i just chalk it up to always fucking up my motions when under pressure, but a few times when i was playing online(particularly in laggy matches) i could have sworn i was getting the inputs right and it just wouldn't...work haha

zlatko

Banned
Ferrio said:
Think he means using it as a meaty against people jumping from a knockdown. Least that's what I mean.

What are the options against it if she does it meaty? Block/DP? Not sure if you can wake up throw if she attempts it or not.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'm pretty sure the super shortcut in this game has gotten in my way more than any input fuckery in SF4 did. I have to completely change how I cancel some moves into DP motions now.

El Sloth

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
I'm pretty sure the super shortcut in this game has gotten in my way more than any input fuckery in SF4 did. I have to completely change how I cancel some moves into DP motions now.
Same. It's super annoying.

zlatko

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:

I have to be more active mentally when it comes to inputs I want. In SF4 since there is leniency I do the general motion casually of say a DP and always get it, but in SF3 I need to grip my stick a little more vice like kung fu style to not botch the inputs.

:p

Why is that when I change the single player settings, for example changing it to one round and easy difficulty, it doesn't actually change?
I go back into the settings and it still says one round, easy difficulty, so it saved it, yet when i play it's still 3 rounds and medium difficulty. Confused.

Fright Zone said:
Why is that when I change the single player settings, for example changing it to one round and easy difficulty, it doesn't actually change?
I go back into the settings and it still says one round, easy difficulty, so it saved it, yet when i play it's still 3 rounds and medium difficulty. Confused.
I didn't know about this since I pretty much only play local versus, but considering all the other oversights, this doesn't surprise me.

El Sloth said:
Elena.

Any other Elena players find it worth it to use her taunt during a match?

I never use her taunt. I haven't thought of ways to work it in during my matches.

And about the input system. I hate the super shortcut in this game (ever since it came out). SF4's is no better or worse. I play Adon, and I get what I want to come out 99% of the time. The other 1% is me.

LakeEarth

Arcade perfect my ass. X-Copied characters don't have the garbled voice! Shenanigans!!!

And anyone else can't get any online match going? I mean worse than usual. There is a second spinny wheel loading icon that says "syncing stats" in front that doesn't go away. If you go to player match, "syncing stats" again before you can even press quick match/custom etc.

So after years and years of playing this game, I finally picked Q and properly tried to use him, and holy crap! He's pretty awesome! I've always had difficulty with my friend's Dudley, and he regularly causes all sorts of problems from my Ibuki and Alex, but with Q I beat him in 8/10 match-up's! Gonna try some of my other often ignored characters like Necro, Urien and Oro and see if I can't find similar success :)

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
LakeEarth said:
Arcade perfect my ass. X-Copied characters don't have the garbled voice! Shenanigans!!!

yeah, that's garbage.

and man, i totally forgot about Hugo's LK Lariat. Great for anticipated/close jumpers. i've gotten dash>gigas down pretty good now as well (got yo' ass night we played!). not perfect but consistent enough to scare people. now gotta work on parry>gigas. trying to shake my bad and lazy habits to go back to when i first started maining him and used him less predictably rather than always going for a 360. shit is hard though. btw, you've gotten better since old xbox days.

Degen

Urien is the future. Mine is quickly becoming better than my already-godlike Hugo ram ram kick ram TYRANT SLAUGHTER ram ram

Sixfortyfive said:

yup. hayate that turns into random ultra 1 = fffffffuuuuu

I always know what I want to do, but i don't have good control of my thumbs, I guess.

Handicap trial is very easy to do because they almost always react to the certain action you do.

#5 at the beginning of the round if you jump straight up in the air, almost always Ryu will do a whiff shoryuken which you can do a nice combo and send him in the corner.(his trial combo with 2 tatsu) Shoot an air fireball on wake up to trap him down. After you can try jump straight up again and bait again but, sometimes he does a shoryuken or jump roundhouse kick.

You can also try trapping him with Demon flip lk dive -> Fierce Punch repeat until you get 2 super meter for raging demon. Just do the raging demon after the dive kick, he always get caught in it.

Degen said:
Urien is the future. Mine is quickly becoming better than my already-godlike Hugo ram ram kick ram TYRANT SLAUGHTER ram ram
Aegis Reflector is the way to go, not that shit super.

Azure J

El Sloth said:
Elena.

Any other Elena players find it worth it to use her taunt during a match?

I do, but only after the flukiest win I had with my brother years back when I got salty, mashed, got the taunt and KO'd him after several unsuccessful "on the ground" jump in punishes. Pretty hilarious watching her go all the way under as per her taunt then tap him out of the air with her toes like that. :lol

kissenger

Banned
Fright Zone said:

I believe the technical term for this is "fuckwittery". I.e. this game was designed by fuckwits. It is full of bugs.

In other news, Seth Killian just said on Unity that they have an upcoming patch which is pretty comprehensive. Hopefully it will fix all the annoying bugs and give us a proper matchmaking system. I'd also like some changes to training mode, but that is a bit fanciful. Either way, the patch better be good because in all honesty I am at the end of my tether with Capcom fighting games. I want to like each of them so much, but they are so good at sabotaging themselves, it's unreal.

Ferrio

Banned
So what is the timing on rolling outta Urien's throws?

GGs Seph. First time ever playing a Urien that knew his shit.

Ferrio said:
So what is the timing on rolling outta Urien's throws?

GGs Seph. First time ever playing a Urien that knew his shit.

after the power bomb you bounce that's when you press down when you hit the ground.

ggs to psn, Sorry had to leave so soon. Degen stay free :p

Top Bottom