• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Ferrio

Banned
Hello rank 16 dudley, thanks for the beating. Fuck he was even using rocket upper... thought all dudleys used corkscrew.

Arcade request or training mode request would have been nice. Especially since, from what I'm told, arcade request is already integrated into GGPO.

Degen

_dementia said:
Fighting the CPU in arcade mode isn't a very good metric of player skill
word. The computer decides when to let you do damage and when to immediately counter the move you input with a higher-priority one

Nori Chan

_dementia said:
Fighting the CPU in arcade mode isn't a very good metric of player skill
But other SF games I'm able to beat the arcade, but this one is taking my cherry.

I dont want to go online until I can beat the arcade lol

LakeEarth

Noriega said:
I still have a lot of work to do in this game. I can't even get to the second bonus stage in arcade with yun on default :(
Yun is actually one of the harder ones to beat arcade mode with. Without Genei Jin, he can't do that much damage.

54-46!

Site Maintenance Notice

The server is currently down for maintenance.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.

メンテナンスのお知らせ

現在、サーバーのメンテナンス中です。

大変申し訳ございませんが、しばらくしてから再度接続してください。
What the fuck Sony, this error message still? get your shit together.. I want to reset my password so I can download and play this shit.

Number45

54-46! said:
What the fuck Sony, this error message still? get your shit together.. I want to reset my password so I can download and play this shit.
I think you can do this via the Qriocity website.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
LakeEarth said:
Upload to Youtube doesn't seem to be working on the Xbox side. I've tried twice now.
I've tried for almost a week and nothing. Bah. Also, I'm back in school so time will be at a premium but Friday's I'm off so we can rock some early day battles if you're around. Same goes to all my 360 peeps.

zlatko

Banned
I'm the best. I beat that fifth handicapped challenge. Only took me over 300 tries. Sup now RYU?! HUH?! FUCK YOU BUDDY! MESSATSU all over your FAAAAAAAAAACE!

So did Capcom get too busy counting the dollar bills from us sucker fish to actually deliver a patch so we can play the online portion of this online edition?

I'd like some kind of ETA from them. I haven't felt as ripped off this gen on a fighter other than KoF12 to be honest. I got more monies worth out of MvC3, than SF3 right now.

If this patch doesn't perform the miracle it needs to, then I'm seriously just going to buy everything from Capcom used the rest of this generation if I am interested in it. They've sort of fucked me over one too many times at this point. :/

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
What..are you talking about? I haven't touched anything but the online portion of this game. It works just fine and dandy here in Japan. And I play just as many overseas players as local players. Very minimal lag. It's GGPO, what more can you ask for?

Ah, just read 3 posts up. Is there something wrong with the 360 version's online? That sucks. =/

zlatko

Banned
worldrevolution said:
What..are you talking about? I haven't touched anything but the online portion of this game. It works just fine and dandy here in Japan. And I play just as many overseas players as local players. Very minimal lag. It's GGPO, what more can you ask for?

Japan is your answer to your own question.

When I played 3S GGPO on PC I had next to no issues. I could look at a ping, take on a fight, and it was smooth as can be.

360 version here in the USA? I can't pick my ping of opponents. Ranked does NOT work and DOES NOT match me to anything. I'll get 3 fights in an hour. I get red bars or yellow bars, and I swear I've only fought 1-2 green bars ever.

As far as the results for matches when it's smooth, it's smooth like it would be in any fighting game. When it's bad though, it's worse than any other fighting game. Teleporting, hearing K.O at random times, and tons of crazy shit due to insane amounts of roll back that wasn't present on PC GGPO.

So while your experience is great in a country where internet is top notch, here in the shitty land of America, this game is a busted turd online for me, and I would at least like better matchmaking, and better ways to find good connections. I think I'd be okay with 5-10 matches an hour, IF they were all great ping matches. As is, it's shit. :/

LakeEarth

The thread is slowing down, so I thought I'd upload a few replays:

Me trolling a turtling Remy. The second round is 50% me chillin across the screen trying to parry whatever he sends at me. I think I do okay.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sf3onlineedition#p/u/3/AjQfKoP9GZA

Me facing a Makoto player. I was playing terribly here, and both rounds I'm down to my last sliver of health. Luckily Alex can shift the momentum pretty quickly.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sf3onlineedition#p/u/2/21gXN44mFo8

I think others should share their cool moments, even if you posted them before.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
zlatko said:

When I played 3S GGPO on PC I had next to no issues. I could look at a ping, take on a fight, and it was smooth as can be.

360 version here in the USA? I can't pick my ping of opponents. Ranked does NOT work and DOES NOT match me to anything. I'll get 3 fights in an hour. I get red bars or yellow bars, and I swear I've only fought 1-2 green bars ever.

As far as the results for matches when it's smooth, it's smooth like it would be in any fighting game. When it's bad though, it's worse than any other fighting game. Teleporting, hearing K.O at random times, and tons of crazy shit due to insane amounts of roll back that wasn't present on PC GGPO.

So while your experience is great in a country where internet is top notch, here in the shitty land of America, this game is a busted turd online for me, and I would at least like better matchmaking, and better ways to find good connections. I think I'd be okay with 5-10 matches an hour, IF they were all great ping matches. As is, it's shit. :/

Hm, I don't really think it has anything to do with location. Everything you've described is simply how the online feature set is designed. For ranked, it just matches you, it doesn't let you choose opponents. You usually don't even see the ping for a few seconds and by then my opponent and I have already confirmed. And obviously the ranking system tries to match you with people of similar rank. There are times when there isn't anyone on at my rank and it takes a while too. I also play at very early/late hours so a lot of my opponents are overseas. I've never gotten anything worse than an orange ping and that barely lags. I think I mentioned this in the SSF4 thread (the same one you got your tag in) last year that people underestimate the netcode. I've had absolutely butter smooth games with people in the US/Canada when the ping indicator shows red bars or even no bars. Central Europe on the other hand..ugh.

Anyway, sorry you're not enjoying the game.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
For Ranked, I always wait to see what color connection I get before confirming. If I see red, I just press B to get out and look again. Even still, I almost always get a green connection with occasional yellow. The process can obviously be improved but no real problems for me as far as having smooth, playable matches.

zlatko

Banned
worldrevolution said:
Hm, I don't really think it has anything to do with location. Everything you've described is simply how the online feature set is designed. For ranked, it just matches you, it doesn't let you choose opponents. You usually don't even see the ping for a few seconds and by then my opponent and I have already confirmed. And obviously the ranking system tries to match you with people of similar rank. There are times when there isn't anyone on at my rank and it takes a while too. I also play at very early/late hours so a lot of my opponents are overseas. I've never gotten anything worse than an orange ping and that barely lags. I think I mentioned this in the SSF4 thread (the same one you got your tag in) last year that people underestimate the netcode. I've had absolutely butter smooth games with people in the US/Canada when the ping indicator shows red bars or even no bars. Central Europe on the other hand..ugh.

Anyway, sorry you're not enjoying the game.

Don't get me wrong, the core game, SF3, is great.

My biggest gripe with online is that ranked matchmaking if I were to get on right now and play for an hour, I literally would get 3-5 matches in at best in that time. SSF4 I would get 15ish probably, maybe more, maybe a little less.

As I stated when I play 3S on my PC before Online Edition hit, when roll backs happened, they were never this bad. That was probably offset simply thanks to picking my opponents from the lobby list.

I know GGPO delivers rock solid online, because I've experienced when it's firing on all cylinders. I can do KoF 2002 matches on GGPO with people from South America and Europe without issues, same with Garou.

It's just here on 360 with Online Edition something is not going well. I have green NAT, ports are open, good connection for USA, etc. Capcom has already stated they are aware of the issues with online and are working on the patch for it, and all I was curious on was when it's coming. If it doesn't fix my issues though with getting games, and making the rollback not as obnoxious or at least maybe it can stop matching me with people who are so far away so that this kind of rollback has to occur to run the fight, then the game is pretty much dead for me and I'll go back to trying fights on Supercade instead. :(

LakeEarth

Other gripes are having A be both the "confirm" button and "unconfirm" button in player matches. And the instant you unconfirm, you automatically get moved to the back of the pack. It's like they didn't even think when they designed it.

zlatko

Banned
LakeEarth said:
Other gripes are having A be both the "confirm" button and "unconfirm" button in player matches. And the instant you unconfirm, you automatically get moved to the back of the pack. It's like they didn't even think when they designed it.

I also wish I could see lobby population caps when I search. I like rooms of 3 people at max, and not knowing which rooms those are when I search sucks, so I just host my own, and set it to private slots that only allow for 1-2 other people to get in that way I can get the most play. Unfortunately, people looking for games won't know that's what my room is set up as, and sometimes getting an opponent can take much longer than it should. :(

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
LakeEarth said:

Oh wow.

zlatko said:
I also wish I could see lobby population caps when I search. I like rooms of 3 people at max, and not knowing which rooms those are when I search sucks, so I just host my own, and set it to private slots that only allow for 1-2 other people to get in that way I can get the most play. Unfortunately, people looking for games won't know that's what my room is set up as, and sometimes getting an opponent can take much longer than it should. :(
Word. I stated numerous times how CAPCOM fucked up simple things. I can't even set the DUMMY in training mode to human. Doesn't even have a option to display your inputs as well. The inconsistency of EX moves not coming out is fucking annoying. I have to manually setup private slots to have a open 3 or 4 player room. At least the banning of characters option is nice.

zlatko said:

That's cuz you're getting screwed by the matchmaking. I've been playing 3SO with a friend I played regularly on GGPO, and while we've run into a few bugs it's better than it was on PC. Less rollback, less spazzing out, fewer dropped matches. Overall an experience more in line with the CPS2 & Neo-Geo games on GGPO, which is great. Too bad everything else is so fucking broken!

It's also a real shame there's no PC version of 3SO, cuz I'm pretty sure these matchmaking issues either wouldn't be present or would have been fucking patched by now. It's awful that devs keep shipping busted games, but at this point I'm more frustrated with the console makers for approving them. And then we have to wait forever for patches to pass QA again. Why didn't they catch this stuff the first time through?

Top Bottom