• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Where are the 60+ people posting in this chat playing the game? Don't tell me you've given up on the game already. Don't be a statistic.

Raging Spaniard said:
Id like to point out how silly it is when people say Ryus anatomy in SF IV is ape like while in here

image.php

His shoulder alone is BIGGER THAN HIS HEAD. Im not complaining, Im just saying, its silly.

Yes, and it looks better than Caveman Ryu.

Just saying.

You can take all the liberties you want - so long as the end result is great.

Full disclosure, actual 4 Character Select art looks FINE (except for Chun Li's burned in a fire hands). It's the god awful attract mode and in game models that look sh*t.

LakeEarth

USD said:
I'm pretty sure he hates her guts, so doubtful.
Well who doesn't?

Hey I have an idea, programmers from 1999. How bout you give Chun a super that does insane damage, can punish everything, easily comboable both low and high, 2 stocks, and gives you a followup mixup? But to balance it out, give her high priority normals with really good range. Thanks.

EDIT - oh yeah it goes through fireballs too

After playing this game constantly since release I cannot go back to SSF4. It feels so slow and floaty. The artstyle and animation still hold up so damn well. If any game ever deserved a HD remake my god it would be this.

.la1n

kever0nicas said:
After playing this game constantly since release I cannot go back to SSF4. It feels so slow and floaty. The artstyle and animation still hold up so damn well. If any game ever deserved a HD remake my god it would be this.

Yes this game deserves a full HD remake and rebalance, that way you have two choices of what to play. It would take forever to do though and capcom isn't going to invest that kind of time unless they went the route of SFIV and that isn't really the HD I mean.

Number45

Doesn't rebalancing the game effectively make it so that the game isn't 3S any more? They'll never include both, because then it will effectively make this product obselete.

Maybe for PS5.

kever0nicas said:

Yes and no.

Leave SF3 alone and make SF5 HD 2D with insane animation. I know folks love the Zack Snyder slow mo moments of SF4; but they literally add nothing to the actual game playing experience, they only slow down the matches with faux cinematic crap.

Go back. Do it HD 2D, don't draw attention to your mannish female polygon models, don't interrupt your game flow.

The way forward is the way back. I still look at KoF13 and reflect upon what SF4 could have been. SNK, Examu, and Arc System Works are keeping that 2D spirit alive, Capcom can't hold out forever.

Seriously though, go play any pre-SF4 game and the matches are so fast and fun. So much of SF4 just gets in the way and it irks me the same way similar aspects turned me off of the SFEX series.

Number45

The Take Out Bandit said:
Capcom can't hold out forever.
Isn't SF4 by FAR the most successful fighting game of recent years? I don't think they feel that the game is a failure, or that they need to do anything other than work on the balance to get the game where it they feel it needs to be.

The chances of SF5 going back to 2D roots are pretty slim I would think.

mattp

Yes and no.

Leave SF3 alone and make SF5 HD 2D with insane animation. I know folks love the Zack Snyder slow mo moments of SF4; but they literally add nothing to the actual game playing experience, they only slow down the matches with faux cinematic crap.

Go back. Do it HD 2D, don't draw attention to your mannish female polygon models, don't interrupt your game flow.

The way forward is the way back. I still look at KoF13 and reflect upon what SF4 could have been. SNK, Examu, and Arc System Works are keeping that 2D spirit alive, Capcom can't hold out forever.

Seriously though, go play any pre-SF4 game and the matches are so fast and fun. So much of SF4 just gets in the way and it irks me the same way similar aspects turned me off of the SFEX series.
yeah, it's not happenin
i would LOVE for it to. but it's not

Number45 said:
Isn't SF4 by FAR the most successful fighting game of recent years? I don't think they feel that the game is a failure, or that they need to do anything other than work on the balance to get the game where it they feel it needs to be.

The chances of SF5 going back to 2D roots are pretty slim I would think.

Successful in the West, sure.

Not to deny the worldwide degree of success; but looking at Japan, it's always a fight between some Waifu Fighter, SF4, BlazBlue, and Old KoF/3rd Strike rising from the grave every now and then on the Top 10 charts.

I don't have a problem if Capcom steps up it's game. SF4 looks terrible. TvC looks terrible. MvC3 looks terrible. SFxTK looks like Hell. Pretty much all of their current generation games look like open pit ass. Compared to a time when Capcom fighters (hell, games) were synonymous with amazing visuals and great animation.

They could probably get a cool polygon based 2D fighter done by spending some money, but SF4 ain't it.

I get the impression from what Seth Killian said after 3, Capcom Japan just didn't know what dumb Western audiences wanted (and to be fair, Capcom failed SF3 just as hard as the fans failed it) and took too much of a hands off approach with SF4. Oh sure, that asshat Ono talks a good game; but uggggh. . . he's so completely worthless to me. If anything Ono seems to be the go between for what Capcom Japan thinks Western Audiences want, and not what Capcom Japan could be doing if they weren't taking shots in the dark at how to make their games worldwide phenomenons again.

In a nutshell, I don't want my Japanese developed games to lose that Japanese developed swagger. We're elevating a bunch of inept Japanese developers in the face of the rise of Western development houses and that's doing it wrong. Meanwhile companies like SNK, Examu, and Arc System Works are still plugging away at games that turn a profit in Japanese arcades that I want to play.

Not because I'm some crazy weaboo, but because those games are the evolution of the games I was playing back in the 90's.

I'm also tired of living in a world where there are no more fappable Capcom girls / girls w/ benefits.

cj_iwakura said:
Is there a way to get the non-remixed versions of the songs in the vault?

Also, PSN is cj_iwakura, I fight as Remy some.
You mean the OST? No.

This game only has the AST and the Viklund remixes.

Ferrio

Banned
V_Arnold said:
Oh, this thread is comedy gold again.

Not really, the TToB's love for the women with benefits is long been known. Can't blame him, I'd turn a blind eye to poison's extra equipment.

.la1n

everything I am trying to say about current SF / current fighters in general

SOMEONE GIVE THIS MAN A MEDAL

edit: Arc System Works is really all that is left. If KoF is successful then we may see some sway in the market. As for 3D fighters or polygonal fighters in general I'm really only looking forward to Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Raging Spaniard said:
Those are some DLC colors, will not buy.

Also, DLC Colours? You gotta be kidding.
Fixed for added sense. SMH that their competitors offer colour edit on disc too. Just SMH.

leroidys

I took the plunge, and I'm really enjoying it so far, but OMGWTF when I get about halfway through arcade mode it just gets insanely hard and I can't land a single hit.

Other than that and the horrible challenge mode, I'm really enjoying this game. It makes me ache for a Garou release on PSN though...

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Third Strike Junkies LIVE tonight on IPLAYWINNER.TV. We'll have top players such as Victoly, 5 Star, Let Bood Run, Yuuki Spencer and mcuh more on this stream. It's pretty much going to be the best of the best when it comes to 3s each thursday at 8PM PST! Dont miss it!!

haunts said:
Third Strike Junkies LIVE tonight on IPLAYWINNER.TV. We'll have top players such as Victoly, 5 Star, Let Bood Run, Yuuki Spencer and mcuh more on this stream. It's pretty much going to be the best of the best when it comes to 3s each thursday at 8PM PST! Dont miss it!!
I hate to admit I have no idea who those players are, but I will tune in.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
_dementia said:
I hate to admit I have no idea who those players are, but I will tune in.

Victoly is considered to be the best Dudley in America, while 5 Star is considered to be the best Ken. Let BLood Run lived in Japan for 2 years and is said to be one of the best Chun Lis in Japan (doesn't play Chun Li anymore. lol)

either way, trust me these guys are LEGIT.

zlatko

Banned
I'm having trouble buffering charges here in SF3 with Urien like you can booms or scissor kicks in SF4. Is the timing more strict or what's up?

Example would be I'm trying to do in fights elbow into medium tackle, into ex tackle, into medium tackle, but too often ex tackle just comes out as standing RH, or it comes out too late. I know the trick is you go from holding back or down back on charged, go to forward, and as you are swing to back again you do the kick/punch so that the charge move comes out, and you are charging again to shave time off the next time you can do a charge move.

I watched a video of RX and he can do like 3 tackles without an ex thrown in from full screen, and they all come out seamlessly.

Any tips or videos so I can get it down pat with some practice?

Kioshen

zlatko said:
I'm having trouble buffering charges here in SF3 with Urien like you can booms or scissor kicks in SF4. Is the timing more strict or what's up?

Example would be I'm trying to do in fights elbow into medium tackle, into ex tackle, into medium tackle, but too often ex tackle just comes out as standing RH, or it comes out too late. I know the trick is you go from holding back or down back on charged, go to forward, and as you are swing to back again you do the kick/punch so that the charge move comes out, and you are charging again to shave time off the next time you can do a charge move.

I watched a video of RX and he can do like 3 tackles without an ex thrown in from full screen, and they all come out seamlessly.

Any tips or videos so I can get it down pat with some practice?

You have to do the EX tackle later than you realize. Other than that you have the right technique. Not much else to say about it really. You can always check out VesperArcade's run through with hand motions.

@Haunts

Great idea but man does it sucks for east coasts enthusiasts timing wise but it's understandable.

Top Bottom