• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

zlatko

Banned
Projectjustice said:
That is what I was talking about. Unlocking Gill requires real money in the market place. The VP i was talking is for unlocking music and concept art.

Yes, but you can also unlock him somehow without spending a cent. I think it's something like beat the game with all the characters on arcade? Does it say somewhere when you fight a Gill player that they paid money for him or just unlocked him?

LakeEarth

You can unlock Gill by beating the game with everyone else, and I THINK you unlock the dip switches by beating it with Gill. Of course, they don't let you change any of the rules of arcade mode to get through it any quicker, which encourages you to pay.

PJX

Projectjustice said:
That is what I was talking about. Unlocking Gill requires real money in the market place. The VP i was talking is for unlocking music and concept art.

Ummmm no it doesn't. Beat the game with all the characters and he will unlock. Only people who would pay the money to unlock him are people who suck at the game or don't feel like playing with all 19 characters through arcade mode.

LakeEarth said:
You can unlock Gill by beating the game with everyone else, and I THINK you unlock the dip switches by beating it with Gill. Of course, they don't let you change any of the rules of arcade mode to get through it any quicker, which encourages you to pay.

But I did it.

zlatko

Banned
LakeEarth said:

Are sure on the dip switch things? I have some of them unlocked to tinker with, but not all. I have beaten the arcade with a few people to unlock their extra colors, and I think that opened them up.

zlatko said:
Yes, but you can also unlock him somehow without spending a cent. I think it's something like beat the game with all the characters on arcade? Does it say somewhere when you fight a Gill player that they paid money for him or just unlocked him?

Yes you can unlock by beating the game with everyone. No theres no way to tell that but only from experience. You can tell who knows how to play and who doesnt by playing them. Most players are paying for Gill. No one likes to lose, its the generation in which everyone wins a trophy.

LakeEarth

zlatko said:
Are sure on the dip switch things? I have some of them unlocked to tinker with, but not all. I have beaten the arcade with a few people to unlock their extra colors, and I think that opened them up.
Not at all. That's how it was for Anniversary Collection, but I dunno about this version.

Mike M

Nick N
Some dip switches are available from the start, the rest unlock after beating the game with everyone or with Gill.

Preeeeeeeeeeety sure it was the same way with the Anniversary Collection, except you only had to beat the game once. May be wrong...

RS4-

Mike M said:
Some dip switches are available from the start, the rest unlock after beating the game with everyone or with Gill.

Preeeeeeeeeeety sure it was the same way with the Anniversary Collection, except you only had to beat the game once. May be wrong...

It was the same way on DC (first few pages of switches are available, rest are unlocked when you beat it with everyone).

I don't know about the AC version if it needed one clear or all.

Does anyone on 360 want to play? I'm kinda getting tired of failed attempts at doing the Evo moment and some matches would certainly be nice...

RS4-

SolarKnight said:
Does anyone on 360 want to play? I'm kinda getting tired of failed attempts at doing the Evo moment and some matches would certainly be nice...

I'm up for games. Haven't played in a week, tried to get into ranked games today with no luck.

RS4- said:
Yup, GGs man. Got a little laggy in that last match lol
I entirely blame my brother for that :p Hope I wasn‘t TOO free XD

New Online Warrior? Nice. Hey Max, out of curiosity, was that match with Gootecks totally random on ranking?

zlatko

Banned
Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this or not, but I figured I'd ask:

I have a friend who plays Yang. I can beat him probably 6/10 games with my Urien, but the 4 games I lose the damage coming to me is things I know somehow I can avoid other than just parrying. So my question/s is/are, is Yang safe on his teleports? I have tried 900 times to just do a crouching jab when he ends up behind me or to just grab him, but I always eat a low forward into mantis slashes. My other question is when he activates Sein Enbu super as I'm getting up in the corner, wtf do I do to not get smacked silly?

To add more to the second question his two usual set ups are either a dive kick that will cross me up, and even if I block the cross up dive kick, I'm not sure if the follow up hits also have to be blocked as he is now going low on me. Does this make it an unblockable? His other way to open me up is he'll do low slashes, and delay them so he can just keep slashes going, and at weird times he'll do over heads or fish for counter hits, or try to get a low forward into more mantises. I've tried numerous times to grab him during all of this stuff, I've tried to ex headbutt out, I've tried knee press, and none of them beat out any of this. Is my only option to just parry and guess so I can hopefully get out? Or is there a good time to try and parry during the activation ?

Ferrio

Banned
So I've realized the only time I play this game lately is when I'm drunk off my ass (like right now), which doesn't bode well for my win record....

RS4-

CPS2 said:
I haven't played a whole lot of SF3NG, so it was funny to see how parrying used to work...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfAPJBR-2l8

So weird that you could just bounce higher and higher in the air...
I played a lot of NG and 2i, parrying felt awkward compared to 3s. I think most of it involved timing. Parrying forward or down in the air I didn't mind.

Oh and the damn UOH command, that was bad

Vespa

Saw this over on SRK posted by d3v:

We've checked this list out [SRK's 'fixes' thread] and compiled our own. Some of these will be addressed but it's going to take 3-4 months before the next update after this current TU in the pipeline goes live (which hopefully it will in the next week or so). -SVEN

Not much point fixing the matchmaking frequency imo if you're matched with red ping players so here's hoping the second TU is region and/or ping filters.

Kioshen

At least we know they are working on the game to fix the issues and not let it die on the vine. 3-4 months is a long wait however :(.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Got my PS3 back, with a new hard drive, thought the issues were done, installed the game, accepted friend invites, played ranked for 2 matches, won both with Ibuki (a Chun-Li being one of those 2, no less), when to training mode ...

And then my video card fucked up again. Locking and crashing the hell out of the system. This piece of shit PS3 is still broken, overheats in a manner of minutes and threatens to kill yet another hard drive.

So yeah, Ill be buying a new one now, fuck. I'll be back Online eventually :|

Raging Spaniard said:
Got my PS3 back, with a new hard drive, thought the issues were done, installed the game, accepted friend invites, played ranked for 2 matches, won both with Ibuki (a Chun-Li being one of those 2, no less), when to training mode ...

And then my video card fucked up again. Locking and crashing the hell out of the system. This piece of shit PS3 is still broken, overheats in a manner of minutes and threatens to kill yet another hard drive.

So yeah, Ill be buying a new one now, fuck. I'll be back Online eventually :|

Damn dude.

Did they send you back the same unit or is this a half assed Sony refurb?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The Take Out Bandit said:
Damn dude.

My console is out of warranty so we swapped the hard drive by hand, to see if that was the problem. Turns out it was overheating.

Problem started when it crashed hardcore while playing Shadows of the Damned, which apparently really overheats phat PS3's. Had never shown any problems up until that point.

Now I could buy a fan for the PS3, but since its for a phat model those cost like 80 bucks .. and I could just buy a PS3 slim for 180 used, you know?

Raging Spaniard

Damn dude.

Oh dude, also, worst gen my ass. The PS2 broke early and often, I had to get like, 3 of them.

And back in the day, touch a SNES while its running and yeah, game crash central.

(yes Im skipping the 360 in that argument, lol)

RS4-

I know how you feel man. I've been without a PS3 since the release of FF13. YLOD 5 minutes in and I haven't bothered since.

Raging Spaniard said:
Oh dude, also, worst gen my ass. The PS2 broke early and often, I had to get like, 3 of them.

And back in the day, touch a SNES while its running and yeah, game crash central.

Nobody wants to hear about your ass.

In terms of available software, diverse software, pricing, and hardware reliability - this is the worst generation of consoles in some time.

PS2 library is god-like, so it was worth the hassle. PS3 on it's own? Not so much. 360 is slightly better (strangely more niche Japanese titles), and the Wii is basically console parsley. It's a gaming garnish.

Raging Spaniard

RS4- said:
I know how you feel man. I've been without a PS3 since the release of FF13. YLOD 5 minutes in and I haven't bothered since.

Yeah, in contrast my LAUNCH 360 has always worked flawlessly. Fucking irony.

Of course thats because I know that the secret to avoid RROD's is to not use the system that much ;)

Raging Spaniard

Nobody wants to hear about your ass.

In terms of available software, diverse software, pricing, and hardware reliability - this is the worst generation of consoles in some time.

PS2 library is god-like, so it was worth the hassle. PS3 on it's own? Not so much. 360 is slightly better (strangely more niche Japanese titles), and the Wii is basically console parsley. It's a gaming garnish.

I strongly disagree, I own a lot more PS3 than 360 games. The 360 exclusives dont do much for me at all. The Wii actually has a pretty good and diverse library (15+ games that are definite must-play and unique to the system), Im playing Xenoblade now and its amazing, so that helps out a lot with the lack of PS3 availability.

Anyways, not the time or the place.

zlatko

Banned
Kioshen said:
At least we know they are working on the game to fix the issues and not let it die on the vine. 3-4 months is a long wait however :(.

In 3-4 months I can safely say I won't give a shit. KoF13 is next month, and for others UMvC3 is after that, and AE 2012 patch is before the end of the year.

I hope they can squeeze a lot of shit into this TU though so I can get more play out of it this month and next before I'm full force on KoF13.

Mengetsu

Patch Incoming!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/lunch/b..._fighter_iii_online_edition_patch_information

Thanks to your excellent feedback, we have created a patch that will address a few bugs that you may have run into while playing Street Fighter III Online Edition. The patch will update the following items -

- Fixes a bug that made it difficult to get into a Ranked Match, especially during times of peak traffic.
- Fixes a bug that could cause players to have very large disconnection percentages (> 100)
- Fixes a bug that could cause characters to become invisible online, or to be displayed with incorrect colors.
- Fixes a bug that sometimes caused Hugo’s combo trial #2 to not detect correctly
- Fixes a bug that permitted an exploit in Trial mode when using "stun" settings
- Fixes some rare crashes
- Improves network stability
- Adds support for additional DLC packs
- Raises the online level cap

The patch is currently going through the submissions process, and we are targeting a 9/27 release date. Make sure to check back as we will have more news about this update.

Also, we are working on another patch that will address some additional items, as well as add some new functionality to the game (hello dummy recording in training mode!)

Finally!!

Top Bottom