• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

BadWolf

Raging Spaniard said:
Sketchbook Pro + Cintiq, the guy has always been an absolute freak about clean lineart though, so if he had used Photoshop and a tablet it would be comparable.

Ah, thanks man.

zlatko

Banned
The online was super bad today. My other last 3-4 sessions for ranked worked fine and I was finding matches back to back, but today was insanely long waits with constant failed to join sessions. I had the game freeze up on me again, and I had the music cut out on me with that weird audio glitch.

Anyone else fought kefkaggpo on Ranked on xbox live? I'm under the impression he's just an average chun-li at best in the grand scheme of things, but god damn it Urien vs Chun li just feels like she can hit any button and move around at whatever pace she wants and ignore footsies for the larger part of the fight.

Also, I practiced for another hour to try and get tackle tackle headbutt down, and only twice was I able to get tackle into tackle. I think I'm officially lost on what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to do MK tackle into LK tackle, because apparently that is easier to hit than MK into MK. I'm buffering the charge, I'm going fast as all hell for the first headbutt so I can start charging again ASAP and get the most time possible for my dummy to stay in the air, but the second tackle always misses.

:(

zlatko said:
You could try using the GAF buy sell trade thread to paypal someone the 20 bucks and them give you the PSN code card, then use the card to buy it off psn.

I could just a code off Amazon or go to Wal-Mart and buy a card... but that's not the problem. The problem is that the game is $15 and I don't want to spend $20 on a card just to have the extra $5 sitting in my account forever. Sucks most PS games are $6.

zlatko

Banned
SlaughterX said:
I could just a code off Amazon or go to Wal-Mart and buy a card... but that's not the problem. The problem is that the game is $15 and I don't want to spend $20 on a card just to have the extra $5 sitting in my account forever. Sucks most PS games are $6.

You could use the 5 bucks to get a cool PSN theme, and the first color pack, and maybe an avatar picture or two. There you go problem solved. :/

EDIT:

OH
MY
GOD!
I DID TACKLE TACKLE HEADBUTT!!!!111!!!!!

33oju69.gif

El Sloth

Banned
StickyFingers said:
Get this ggpo shit out of mine SF3, capcom and put backbone on it. That'll fix the rank matchmaking system. That way, I can get my last achievement.
I'm seeing a lot of comments like this lately.

While this blog post is about another game I still think it's relevant to the thread and everyone should at least skim it: Skullgirls, GGPO… and You

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Online is the worst in a fighter this gen and that includes prepatch Tekken 6. I can't even play games against my hubby. :(

zlatko

Banned
Kadey said:
Online is the worst in a fighter this gen and that includes prepatch Tekken 6. I can't even play games against my hubby. :(

Someone didn't play KoF12 or SC4. KoF12 takes the cake, and only loses to other SNK games that came out on XBLA. Truly pieces of shit on another level when it came to online.

Mileena

Banned
zlatko said:
Someone didn't play KoF12 or SC4. KoF12 takes the cake, and only loses to other SNK games that came out on XBLA. Truly pieces of shit on another level when it came to online.
and MK9 pre-patch

completely unplayable

and MK Kollection too (lol)

zlatko

Banned
corkscrewblow said:
and MK9 pre-patch

completely unplayable

Yup MK9 was poop too. This game's online may be dildos, but there has been bigger offenders. Plus, this game has room to improve when the patch does hit, which by the way, seriously is taking way longer than it should. Da fuck ?

LeMaximilian said:
Has the first costume pack been fixed for 360 yet? Been waiting to do an episode about it.

Wait a minute, you're that Maximilian?!

Good work man. Your SF3 videos are awesome and it's good to have someone articulate explain this stuff in depth to new players.

corkscrewblow said:
and MK9 pre-patch

completely unplayable

It's Mortal Kombat, it's always unplayable. Have some dignity and play this week's Moé fighter; at least the mechanics and game play are solid.

Online is pretty good but you are always got some idiots going online while their torrents are active in the background or are on wifi. What i want is my original intro song back. Dont get me wrong the new stuff is good but Capcom shouldnt of replaced the original. Its a classic.

Projectjustice said:
Online is pretty good but you are always got some idiots going online while their torrents are active in the background or are on wifi.

That's pretty much true of any fighter not named BlazBlue. I don't know how many virgins they had to sacrifice, but I once played BB against a friend, then switched to SF4 and the matches were garbage - then he's like, "Oh, I forgot to pause my torrents."

Dat Netcode! I wonder if Arcana Heart 3 is as silky smooth?

What i want is my original intro song back. Dont get me wrong the new stuff is good but Capcom shouldnt of replaced the original. Its a classic.

Never did I think I'd miss SF3's atrocious raps, but yes - I do. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

corkscrewblow said:
The online has been amazing for me. Even better than SSF4. I just play with friends though, no randoms.
Got amazing for me after I got my new connection as well. If I get any lag it's because a gaffer shows up yellow or red instead of me.

It's a shame I had such a horrible first week with it though...

The Take Out Bandit said:
That's pretty much true of any fighter not named BlazBlue. I don't know how many virgins they had to sacrifice, but I once played BB against a friend, then switched to SF4 and the matches were garbage - then he's like, "Oh, I forgot to pause my torrents."

This another misinformation on torrents, pausing torrents doesnt help much as much as people think it does. You are still connected to all those IP addresses taking up bandwidth. Always tell your friends to shut the torrent program down.

Projectjustice said:
This another misinformation on torrents, pausing torrents doesnt help much as much as people think it does. You are still connected to all those IP addresses taking up bandwidth. Always tell your friends to shut the torrent program down.

These are the I'm not good with Internet people. :\

I generally shut down any and all unwanted internet activity when I go to play games online. Just because I don't want to undermine my own experience.

I'll be on skype with friends who will start watching a youtube video and downloading stuff from XBL and wondering why their call quality is taking a piss. e.g. Go turn on all the water in your house, then take a shower; let me know how that works for you bro. :p

oracrest

Projectjustice said:
Online is pretty good but you are always got some idiots going online while their torrents are active in the background or are on wifi. What i want is my original intro song back. Dont get me wrong the new stuff is good but Capcom shouldnt of replaced the original. Its a classic.

You know that you can unlock and set the original menu music almost immediately, right?

Mileena

Banned
Never did I think I'd miss SF3's atrocious raps, but yes - I do. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
You can unlock the original theme AND character select music from the vault. You know that, right?

corkscrewblow said:
You can unlock the original theme AND character select music from the vault. You know that, right?

Yes, I've unlocked them.

IIRC though the new theme song loops until you hit Start on the main menu. Once you hit start then the old music plays. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

I like the new music, it's just after you've heard it the third time on repeat it gets a little stale.

Yes, I've unlocked them.

IIRC though the new theme song loops until you hit Start on the main menu. Once you hit start then the old music plays. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

I like the new music, it's just after you've heard it the third time on repeat it gets a little stale.

I cant seem to find how to change it to the original music. The new music is trash compared to the original. HELP!!!

Ouch, just put in my first session in a while and I think all the other newer players are starting to stop playing already. Won like one out of nine or ten matches, and I was only competitive in one or two more of those. Still having lots of fun though, I think I just enjoy the early stages of learning to be competitive with a fighting game more than I enjoy the process of trying to get past the intermediate levels.

On a side note, one of the players that I had a match with recently was gt:AFROCOLE on 360. Is that the gametag of the SF2 Turbo player? Was bodied pretty bad in that one.

oracrest

Projectjustice said:
God I love you!

How do I do that? Im looking for it in settings and I dont see any options.

I'm not sure where in the vault the original song is (presumably music)

When you select it to play, there should be an option somewhere to set that for the menu music as well...

Thanks for the help guys I got it.

I would like to add that I love beating Gill users. It gives me such a thrill to destroy a scrub that paid to unlock him. LOL!

If any of you guys want to play someone with some kind of knowledge on the game and want some training just hit me up on XBL. Gamertag Projectjustice.

zlatko

Banned
Projectjustice said:
Thanks for the help guys I got it.

I would like to add that I love beating Gill users. It gives me such a thrill to destroy a scrub that paid to unlock him. LOL!

If any of you guys want to play someone with some kind of knowledge on the game and want some training just hit me up on XBL. Gamertag Projectjustice.

You don't have to pay to unlock him.

zlatko

Banned
Projectjustice said:
Yea you do with points you get in the game. Since I didnt know about it, I had just over 4000 VPs.

PS3 peeps auto got him if they pre ordered the game. I have more points than I know what to do with and my vault is already 100% clear, so it's not actually paying for him. Paying for him would be the people who went on the marketplace/PSN and paid $ for him.

zlatko said:
PS3 peeps auto got him if they pre ordered the game. I have more points than I know what to do with and my vault is already 100% clear, so it's not actually paying for him. Paying for him would be the people who went on the marketplace/PSN and paid $ for him.

That is what I was talking about. Unlocking Gill requires real money in the market place. The VP i was talking is for unlocking music and concept art.

Top Bottom