• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Youtube Upload actually worked for me for the first time ever so here is my Hugo in Ranked:

Death To All Kens

oh snap! someone posted themselves fighting me:

Hugo vs Elena

This one pissed me off a bit. I choke away the 1st round, win the 2nd, then spazz out totally in the 3rd. sigh.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
SolarKnight said:
Oh, that was your room last night? GGs, although we were all getting bodied by the same person most of the time XD

yeah that was me! that dude--i friended him after seeing his remy in action. sick remy. i get close to beating him every now and then but the general ass-kicking should help us get better.

bob_arctor said:
yeah that was me! that dude--i friended him after seeing his remy in action. sick remy. i get close to beating him every now and then but the general ass-kicking should help us get better.

Eh, I was too busy fooling around doing random shit with Twelve to improve from that XD

Tizoc

Gonna PM Vespa with some fixes to the first posts, but until then

Hugo fans, I give you THE HAYAO ANTHEM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32auSYFR2vI

WHO WANTS SOME AWESOME JAPANESE MATCHES?
ELENA DEFENSE FORCE, WHERE YOU AT MI HOMBRES?
Please use www.mmcafe.com/nico to watch these vids

For Makoto fans

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15566920
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15567112
EAST:shima(RE)・taihe(UR)・kuni(RY)・KEY(Q)・taro(UR)・mayon(KE)・xiao(IB)・totsuka sensei(DU)・tominaga(MA)・kuroda(OR)
WEST:talbain(EL)・heikichi(MA)・morikawa(GO)・M'(KE)・kazuya(AL)・genki(AL)・tokura(YA)・furo(YA)・thanatos(OR)・vanao(RY)

Game Spot Versus Danisen Matches in Tokyo
September 9th, 2011

Mosa (猛者) rank
Kei (YA), Roku (KE), Higa (IB), YSB (HU), and Abu (IB)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15601674
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15601766
Main highlight here is the Ibuki player Abu.

Love 3's but I am baffled at the Street Fighter Alpha 1 style presentation. Recycled stages with no life. Has Capcom said anything about DLC for stages at all?

Host Samurai said:
Love 3's but I am baffled at the Street Fighter Alpha 1 style presentation. Recycled stages with no life. Has Capcom said anything about DLC for stages at all?
Can't argue with the lifeless complaint, but the stages aren't recycled. Second Impact is the one with the recycled stages. 3S' are all-new.

_dementia said:
Can't argue with the lifeless complaint, but the stages aren't recycled. Second Impact is the one with the recycled stages. 3S' are all-new.

By recycled I meant that characters shared stages. Ken/Alex, Sean/Oro and Yun/Yang

Tizoc

_dementia said:
2I's stages removed people from them.
Main example is Elena's stage in NG:
1- At the end of Round 1, an eagle/hawk/falcon will fly toward the screen as your players fall down
2- In the lower section there will be either 2 fighters training in the background or a fat man can be seen observing the match.
Oh and Ibuki's stage too.

Tizoc

Host Samurai said:
I remember I bought the Street Fighter 3 collection on the DC. I think it came with only 2I and 3's.
IIRC, that collection had 2I and NG, 3S was a seperate release.

I lost my copy of it so I forgot which versions were on the disk, but I also remember playing 3's on the DC as well so I wasn't sure. Thinking back on it that is some bad ass collection. I would love to play NG and 2I again, too bad the release on those games were very limited. I feel like Capcom should release them for novelty.

RS4-

Host Samurai said:
I lost my copy of it so I forgot which versions were on the disk, but I also remember playing 3's on the DC as well so I wasn't sure. Thinking back on it that is some bad ass collection. I would love to play NG and 2I again, too bad the release on those games were very limited. I feel like Capcom should release them for novelty.

Lol I have one. Opened it once just to see what was inside. Haven't touched it since.

ShaneB

Good news about the patches. I haven't played in what seems like forever, but I know 3S will be a game that ends up having that "go to game" status, so I definitely want to hear of these updates coming, but man, 3 or 4 months? Jeez.

Guess this should've cooked in the oven just a bit longer..

Are most of you playing this on PSN or 360? I'll most likely be buying this on PSN tomorrow, so add Jimmy Stav (even if I don't get it, I could use some PSN friends).

Was going to pick this game up sometime next week from XBLA, and while I own MvsC2 and SFIV, I don't have a fighting game stick yet. As someone who isn't really that competitive at fighters yet still wants to learn the 'proper' way to play, what would be a cheap yet still reliable fighting game stick to buy?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
qcfx2: that was wack! first it boots me after freezing and then, right when you re-invite me, the wife and kids walk through the door. game over for my ass. bah. hopefully we can continue this late night style.

I didn't have any problems with SSFIV:AE until I tried it again after a few weeks playing just this. Feels like shit compared to this game :)

i'm tarded

qcf x2

bob_arctor said:
GIGAS!!!!!!!!!

yo, we gotta play again soon! i can maybe do late night tonight.

How late is late? When I fire up the xbox it's usually midnight to 1:30-ish.

I really want an MP3 of the song from that youtube video -__-

Matts Legacy said:
Patch Incoming!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/lunch/b..._fighter_iii_online_edition_patch_information

Thanks to your excellent feedback, we have created a patch that will address a few bugs that you may have run into while playing Street Fighter III Online Edition. The patch will update the following items -

- Fixes a bug that made it difficult to get into a Ranked Match, especially during times of peak traffic.
- Fixes a bug that could cause players to have very large disconnection percentages (> 100)
- Fixes a bug that could cause characters to become invisible online, or to be displayed with incorrect colors.
- Fixes a bug that sometimes caused Hugo’s combo trial #2 to not detect correctly
- Fixes a bug that permitted an exploit in Trial mode when using "stun" settings
- Fixes some rare crashes
- Improves network stability
- Adds support for additional DLC packs
- Raises the online level cap

The patch is currently going through the submissions process, and we are targeting a 9/27 release date. Make sure to check back as we will have more news about this update.

Also, we are working on another patch that will address some additional items, as well as add some new functionality to the game (hello dummy recording in training mode!)

Finally!!

84dcL.gif

i will play this game forever if they fix it

CPS2

I really wish that patch had REGION FILTER.

Still no point in playing ranked without one.

GGPO on PC has flags to represent countries and it shows the ping in numbers. 3SOE pairs you up randomly with green/yellow/red (usually red) dots. Not exactly the same quality of matchmaking.

Tizoc

Anyone want me to do a quick write up on damage scaling in 3S? Might sound like a pointless question but I'm bored and feel like informing my fellow GAFfers.

ShaneB

Tizoc said:
Anyone want me to do a quick write up on damage scaling in 3S? Might sound like a pointless question but I'm bored and feel like informing my fellow GAFfers.

I'd be interested in this, given how damaging some combos can be.

Astrosanity said:
Was going to pick this game up sometime next week from XBLA, and while I own MvsC2 and SFIV, I don't have a fighting game stick yet. As someone who isn't really that competitive at fighters yet still wants to learn the 'proper' way to play, what would be a cheap yet still reliable fighting game stick to buy?

If you don't want to get one of the Madcatz TE sticks (around $160), you might still be able to find one of the standard Madcatz sticks for less than $50 or so. It isn't the best stick in the world, but it wouldn't be bad to learn on. Or you grab a Madcatz fightpad for 360 for around $30. They have a different button layout than the standard 360 pad. If you have a PS3 there are a lot more options for a decent stick than there are for 360.

That being said, you don't need a stick to play fighting games, there are plenty of very good pad players out there, but traditionally people have used sticks. If you really want to learn the 'proper' way to play, ie, not just mashing/flowcharting, then I think the best thing to do would be to get a buddy to help you out, show you the ropes.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
CPS2 said:
I really wish that patch had REGION FILTER.

Still no point in playing ranked without one.

GGPO on PC has flags to represent countries and it shows the ping in numbers. 3SOE pairs you up randomly with green/yellow/red (usually red) dots. Not exactly the same quality of matchmaking.
Even Anniversary Collection had a region filter on old Xbox. By the end of its run, playing people from Japan were the only games I would find usually. And damn if my play time isn't screwed right now. Kids back in school, I'm back at college, son's bday this week to prepare for, it goes on and on. Sigh.

Top Bottom