• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Launch Event: Lupe Fiasco VS Daigo Umehara

Zaventem

I suppose that he probably is getting some publicity for himself out there. I honestly never heard of the guy before and I have now so that's something.

I think he's definitely giving a lot more than he's getting back so I still want to give the guy props.

He's going to get absolutely destroyed though, no question there.

Yeah those 1 miloion followers are just bots and he paid dosh for a verified acount.

Can this please be a FT5 so I can make a corny joke like

"Lupe's people better have money to bail him out after this because the 5-0 got him".

Demise

Just so you know all, daigo is worth nothing against players that just mash without thinking. He's beast against correct to best fighters but strangely he struggles hard against dp-sweep players.

Dremark

Banned
Yeah those 1 miloion followers are just bots and he paid dosh for a verified acount.

I said in my previous post the guy had little to gain from this, the fact that I don't know the guy is meaningless, he's a celebrity. I'm giving him props for contributing to the community, not really sure why you felt the need to write such a childish reply.

Spinluck

Just so you know all, daigo is worth nothing against players that just mash without thinking. He's beast against correct to best fighters but strangely he struggles hard against dp-sweep players.

That is so weird, but I can sort of understand it.

It's the same for me in certain sports games, and sometimes Smash.

Spinluck

I used to feel like this but then it just clicked with me and now I feel like Lasers is pretty damn underrated. Only song worth a damn on Tetsuo and Youth is 'Deliver'. Maybe one other that I can't remember the name of.

People weren't ready for that Lasers sound. You gotta be in the right frame of mind. Shit was like 4am half in a haze contemplating existence and then 'Beautiful Lasers' came on and I was feeling it.

Body of Work, and Dots & Lines are the shit.

Deliver is good but I think those two are above it, and Lasers. Lyrically, Lasers was low bar for Lup coming off of what was two stellar albums. Had some nice beats, but eh. The album cover is cool. I don't fucks with it though.

Village

I used to feel like this but then it just clicked with me and now I feel like Lasers is pretty damn underrated. Only song worth a damn on Tetsuo and Youth is 'Deliver'. Maybe one other that I can't remember the name of.

People weren't ready for that Lasers sound. You gotta be in the right frame of mind. Shit was like 4am half in a haze contemplating existence and then 'Beautiful Lasers' came on and I was feeling it.
Lazers is trash

Testuo and youth is a modern take on a return to form. Its like fnl2 and lazers never happened and fnl2 was aiight. Tetsuo and you is listenable beginning to end and starts with lu goibg in for 8 fucking minutes. Like some form of reintroduction.

Soodanim

I heard about this in the GiantBombCast but it was a much earlier stage than this. It makes sense to capitalise on it for the SFV release.

They said Lupe was aware that he would lose, which is probably good. You can't be a sore loser and then play someone like that.

ArjanN

That is so weird, but I can sort of understand it.

Eh, that's only hard to fight against because of the surprise factor though, and that only lasts one round or game at most until you realize the other guy is just mashing/taking dumb risks and you just block and punish unsafe moves for an easy victory.

TacosNSalsa

"Okay, I'm watching someones stream right now and he's showing replays...if these names are correct Lupe's Ryu just bodied SpabRog's Rashid...my money is still on Diago but I don't think it's going to be as free as most seem to think"

I posted this in the other thread and I stand by it. If that was him playing SpabRog it might do pretty well..maybe take a couple rounds hell a match even! Sad thing is if he does do well people won't give him his credit . We'll hear a lot of Diago took it easy on him or how it was scripted.

"Okay, I'm watching someones stream right now and he's showing replays...if these names are correct Lupe's Ryu just bodied SpabRog's Rashid...my money is still on Diago but I don't think it's going to be as free as most seem to think"

I posted this in the other thread and I stand by it. If that was him playing SpabRog it might do pretty well..maybe take a couple rounds hell a match even! Sad thing is if he does do well people won't give him his credit . We'll hear a lot of Diago took it easy on him or how it was scripted.

do you have a link to this alleged match?

TacosNSalsa

do you have a link to this alleged match?

Unfortunately no. They guy who was streaming the replays doesn't have any archives. He's extremely new to streaming. if you have the game already and they didn't wipe the replays as yet do a rival search for LupeFiasco or SpabRog. A certain amount of their matches are stored so you might be able to see it.

Slowdive

Banned
KynQYr3.jpg

Dremark

Banned

My impression that he's going to get bodied is more based on the fact that Daigo is Daigo, not that Lupe is bad. I've assumed he's at least a mid level tourney player skillwise because if he wasn't it wouldn't be interesting and he'd just embarrass himself.

If he's better than that it'll make it more interesting, but at the end of the day Daigo is Daigo and I doubt he'll lose.

Syriel

If he's better than that it'll make it more interesting, but at the end of the day Daigo is Daigo and I doubt he'll lose.

A Daigo loss at an exhibition match like this would be headlines on pretty much any site with eSports coverage.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Really hope Daigo does not go easy on him. He should not even let him win a round.

It would be disrespectful to the community and hardwork that goes into being "good".

Lazers is trash

Testuo and youth is a modern take on a return to form. Its like fnl2 and lazers never happened and fnl2 was aiight. Tetsuo and you is listenable beginning to end and starts with lu goibg in for 8 fucking minutes. Like some form of reintroduction.
!!!!!
Dude Mural is pure art. One of the greatest songs in the last 5-10 yrs.

Top Bottom