• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattp

So, I've compiled a small list of mods I want to do before the next patch:
  • Zero Suit Cammy for KingBroly
  • Alex fighting shorts
  • Hot Ken w/o beard
and I want to try and do something with Ken's face. I don't know which part of it is fucked up, honestly. The base model looks fine!

All the damage must be being done in the normal maps.

it's when he smiles

mattp

idk I think the eyebrows are kind of a mess too. They're not actually attached to his face except right where his nose is lol.

well when everything is colored, his massive DARK black eyebrows look fucking bizarre right under his blonde hair
so that's probably part of it, too

edit:
they're much lighter here and they look fine. in game theyre BLACK
2901994-09_kensdcc13.jpg

edit 2: and his teeth are normal sized here too. theyre so fucking tiny in game it looks creepy as shit

GAF I forgot but I have codes for pre order costumes (Ryu and M. Bison) that I can give to someone.

It's EU PS4 codes for Ryu and M. Bison.

Quote my post and I'll send you both codes. I don't know which one is for Ryu and which one is for M. Bison so it's both codes for the same person quoting my post ^^

Chû Totoro;199626688 said:
GAF I forgot but I have codes for pre order costumes (Ryu and M. Bison) that I can give to someone.

Quote my post and I'll send you both codes. I don't know which one is for Ryu and which one is for M. Bison so it's both codes for the same person quoting my post ^^

can I pls have

Scotia

Banned

I've already got Ryu but if no one wants Bison than I wouldn't mind him.

Pejo

Does anyone know of a decent fightpad that PC compatible with the 6 button +2 shoulder layout? I'm getting really frustrated of having to get R1/L1 at the same time with my preferred button layout, for a throw. I always end up jabbing.

mattp

well when everything is colored, his massive DARK black eyebrows look fucking bizarre right under his blonde hair
so that's probably part of it, too

edit:
they're much lighter here and they look fine. in game theyre BLACK

edit 2: and his teeth are normal sized here too. theyre so fucking tiny in game it looks creepy as shit

10 second quick photoshop:

048c0nv.jpg

Id love Ruy already have Bison if first dude dont need

can I pls have

I've already got Ryu but if no one wants Bison than I wouldn't mind him.

I can send the codes to CountBlack and if there's a way to see which one is M. Bison or just not validate it (don't know if it'll be usable after) then send it to Scotia?

So sorry Scotia, since you were second and since I don't know which code is for which character I'll send it to CountBlack first.

Edit : sent.

Is the servers down or something?

Yeah, what the hell, why can't I log in?

/s

Chû Totoro;199628326 said:
I can send the codes to CountBlack and if there's a way to see which one is M. Bison or just not validate it (don't know if it'll be usable after) then send it to Scotia?

Sorry Scotia since you were second and since I don't know which code is for which character I'll send it to CountBlack first.

if you try to redeem them online through the website, it should tell you what each code is for before asking if you really want to add it to your account.

Durden77

Alex trailer finally. This was definitely their plan all along, but once Alex got out to the modders it was a bad move to wait.

Hopefully they'll handle it better next character.

I'm just happy to finally have this update. It's the March update, and it came in March. Yay.

Scotia

Banned
Chû Totoro;199628326 said:

So sorry Scotia, since you were second and since I don't know which code is for which character I'll send it to CountBlack first.

Edit : sent.

It's fine, don't worry about it. CountBlack got there first so it's only fair :)

God, I have must have said like 4-5 times exactly what the season pass gets you in that premium costumes thread :(

Read the descriptions in your PSN/Steam store people!

『Inaba Resident』;199629978 said:
I think they will along with optimizing the stages and fixing the clipping on character select and in game but thats probably low on the priority list right now.

While I'd like to think that, all signs point to none of that shit ever happening, lol. I have little faith that it ever will be, unfortunately.

1. I think the frustration with the whole Alex trailer thing is that, it just continues this overall feeling of silence coming from Capcom. We only get official word on thursdays through the capcom-unity blog, or a frustrating 'announcement of an announcement'. If it were up to Capcom, we'd have gone until today until we saw Alex in motion for the first time. Considering they are currently accepting cash for the character through the season pass, it goes without saying that people want to see what kind of support and content they should be expecting from Capcom going forward, whether its paid with real money or fight money.

I loved Garrett's trailer. Considering the resources at his disposal, he did an incredible job. We really got behind it cause it feels like we're sticking it to the man by going against this carefully crafted marketing plan that they are strictly adhering to. There are some ways in which Garrett's trailer is infinitely better - the trailer showcased other paid content, not just Alex (co-marketing paid content is a solid thing), and it used the original character theme. It would actually be smart of Capcom to, at one point, reintroduce classic character themes when available right into the game. We're just, and you guys cannot imagine how frustrating this must be to the US & UK Capcom community guys, all beholden to the will of Capcom JP's marketing team right now. I'm sure anything that gets said or announced is going through them first. Its supremely frustrating for the current userbase, as there are a plethora of features that we are waiting for and announcements we want to see made.

2. I don't see a reason to attack Capcom for releasing a trailer for a character on the day the character is actually available for use & sale. I'm not going to necessarily defend them either, since they've clearly made mistakes when it comes to SFV, but attacking them for not putting out a trailer at specific day or time is a bit absurd. If their reasoning was they wanted the marketing material for said character to be available the day the character goes on sale, then you can't really fault them for that. I mean, yesterday we were all concern-trolling Capcom in 'man, did the marketing budget just evaporate for SFV? Is that why they can't put out a trailer?'. A day later, we get some marketing-produced trailer complete with licensed music and its 'How dare Capcom not release the trailer before the character was out!'.

I'll sit here & criticize Capcom's marketing staff for not making proper use of a highly watched CPT event as a place to air an Alex trailer. I'll do that all day long. It's silly of them. But it's just a trailer - nothing to get worked up about. I mean, when they announced he would be out 2 days after the patch, you had people spouting concern at how far behind Alex was if they needed just that extra bit of polish time to get him in March. But he was clearly done in time. Capcom just has this really weird way that they are doing things that doesn't make much sense. But this is Capcom - if you've dealt with any of their major fighting game releases in the past, you would know not a whole lot of their decisions can make sense sometimes.

Yeah. Basically...People want Capcom to be as excited about SFV as they are and it just doesn't feel like Capcom is. Capcom's actions continuously show this and its frustrating.

I think that's understandable. Now that the first patch is out in the wild though I hope things pick up a bit.

Scotia

Banned
I've just had an idea. Next year is the 20th anniversary of Street Fighter 3 New Generation. What if Capcom release 'classic' costumes for Ken, Alex (maybe Ryu?), Ibuki, Urien etc.?

I've just had an idea. Next year is the 20th anniversary of Street Fighter 3 New Generation. What if Capcom release 'classic' costumes for Ken, Alex (maybe Ryu?), Ibuki, Urien etc.?
Certainly within the realm of possibility. Maybe they'll even release a returning Street Fighter 3 character then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom