• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
I hope they bring Urien next. They can bring Balrog and Guile later after/during June since thats when most of the casuals will pick up the game with the story mode and stuff. And they will pony up for their favorite SF2 characters.

Urien is last, gotta save the big baddy for the end of the season.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Chun-Li feels like she's from another game sometimes lol. Can link anything, got amazing range and anti-airs. I feel so outplayed against her

edit: And then she turns on V-Trigger

I hope they bring Urien next. They can bring Balrog and Guile later after/during June since thats when most of the casuals will pick up the game with the story mode and stuff. And they will pony up for their favorite SF2 characters.
I don't imagine those two are very popular at all.

Imagine if they made Ken DLC, though.

Urien is last, gotta save the big baddy for the end of the season.

And that's unfortunate, I'm really looking forward to Urien. I just hope he isn't a charge character like the way Vega was changed. But if he is, I guess I can give it a shot. But I'm just not a fan of playing charge characters.

Lulubop

Dunno why people think it's going to be anything other than silhouette order.

It's nice being that one Birdie, cause then you can do crazy shit like starting off the match with a jumping grab.

I feel the same way when I run into Vega and Dhalsim, though. But even then, I'm happy when it isn't Ryu or Ken. Or Mika.

Hehe yeah but on my ranking atleast Dhalsim takes to much skill for people to handle, my Karin just goes mad into his face and its gg.

In other words, my gaming session sofar this evening. 12 games total. 11 that had higher lp. 7 Ruys.

I really gotta start using battle lounge so I can learn other than Ruy and Ken..

Renekton

And that's unfortunate, I'm really looking forward to Urien. I just hope he isn't a charge character like the way Vega was changed. But if he is, I guess I can give it a shot. But I'm just not a fan of playing charge characters.
He may be partly charged like Necalli

I'm not sure what he brings to the table as Rashid has his aegis mixup.

Robot Pants

Do you still play the game? I recall in OT2, you mentioned you were gonna drop this or something.
I moved two days after it came out and I haven't even plugged in my pc yet at my new place and haven't had the desire to. (Doing a bunch of other things)
So I may come back to it when I get things hooked up but I really haven't had to drive to get back into the game.

I'd bet on Juri being next. Sf4 is the only game left without representation, and it makes sense to follow up a male dlc character with a female one. Not to mention her being more popular than all of the SF3 cast combined.

He may be partly charged like Necalli

I'm not sure what he brings to the table as Rashid has his aegis mixup.

I forgot about that, he could be a hybrid. I forgot that no one is exclusively a charge character in this game. Even Bison who is the closest to that has one move that uses a motion and during V Trigger his specials can be pulled off without an actual charge.

I think Urien's V Trigger will be Aegis and it will seem similar to Rashid' at first. But I think they'll differentiate it somehow. They may give him other abilities like more juggle potential on his moves so he can reproduce the juggles that he could from SF3. His Critical Art will probably be the super tackle move. I doubt they'll give him a super fireball.

I moved two days after it came out and I haven't even plugged in my pc yet at my new place and haven't had the desire to. (Doing a bunch of other things)
So I may come back to it when I get things hooked up but I really haven't had to drive to get back into the game.

Hope one of these monthly updates will pull you back in. We'll be here waiting..

Shadoken

Dunno why people think it's going to be anything other than silhouette order.

I posted that assuming its NOT the silhouette order. We will know if a few days anyway ,if they tease the 2nd character in the Alex trailer.

It seems kinda dumb for Capcom to follow that order anyway. I mean the DLC road map says mystery DLC character 2,3..etc. Why would it even be a surprise anymore if we already know the order.

Yesss! Like 200 ranked games, 90 Ruys and 50 Kens later, I finally managed to l2p, stop choking and reach Super Bronze! *noobtears of joy*

godlike OT Garrett!

wall of shame stand up
oHEFzpz.png

I forgot about that, he could be a hybrid. I forgot that no one is exclusively a charge character in this game. Even Bison who is the closest to that has one move that uses a motion and during V Trigger his specials can be pulled off without an actual charge.

I think Urien's V Trigger will be Aegis and it will seem similar to Rashid' at first. But I think they'll differentiate it somehow. They may give him other abilities like more juggle potential on his moves so he can reproduce the juggles that he could from SF3. His Critical Art will probably be the super tackle move. I doubt tey'll give him a super fireball.
Remember when we were all talking about who might be the boss in SFV? Capcom sure surprised us all!

Resets I found with Nash. Sadly his Genocide Cutter doesn't allow him to do an air reset.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

You could use this gain back more health.

And this
giphy.gif

Lemonheap

Banned
http://steamcommunity.com/games/310950/announcements/detail/857179976040753872

Challenge Mode
Demonstrations: Learn the ins and outs of Street Fighter Vthrough helpful demonstration and tutorial content. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards players of all skill levels:
Beginner Tutorials: 12 lessons covering, movement, normal attacks, special attacks, V-System, throws, counter hits, chip/recoverable damage, etc.
Intermediate Tutorials: 11 lessons covering projectiles, invincibility frames, armor and armor break, recovery, cross-up attacks, anti-air options, etc.
Advanced Tutorials: 4 lessons covering back dashing, frame advantage/disadvantage, combo potential, button priority, etc.
Character Tutorials: 16 lessons covering each individual character.
Trials: Put your skills to the ultimate test with combo trials for all 16 characters, ranging from basic to pro combos. Completing Trials will also earn you some extra Fight Money.

Online Rematch Option
Salty from a close loss online? Want revenge? Players can now play a 2/3 set in Ranked Match, provided both players accept the rematch.

There are a few gameplay related bug fixes and balance changes as well:
Vega:
If you hit V-Trigger Bloody Kiss (anti-air) in certain situations, Vega will no longer continue to rise off the top of the screen.
M. Bison:
If M. Bison is interrupted by an opponent’s V-Trigger or Critical Art during his invisible frames of Double Knee Press in V-Trigger mode, M. Bison will no longer remain invisible until his next move.
Rashid:
Rashid will no longer float in the air for a moment if you perform his V-Trigger after he touches the ground upon a missed Eagle Spike.
Chun-Li:
During V-Trigger activation, the hit stop and block stop has been made the same for multi-hitting moves (medium or heavy attacks for both normal and special moves).
She was previously able to perform option selects involving standing HP into Houyokusen, so this has been removed.
Vertical and Back Jump Frames:
All characters except Birdie and Zangief: Vertical jump and back jump frames have changed from 3f->4f.
Birdie: Vertical jump and back jump frames have changed from 4f->5f.
Zangief: No changes to jump frames.
These changes reduce the effectiveness of throw tech option selects involving jumping (also known as “jump grab”). Changing forward jump frames would affect the game balance too much so those remain unchanged.
Throw Escape Change:
If you push buttons during the normal throw delayed tech window you are unable to escape throws for 2 frames.
Prevents using light attacks to option select with throw escapes.
If you execute specific special moves during the normal throw delayed tech window you are unable to immediately escape throws. Each characters V-skills, V-triggers, V-reversals, critical arts, and moves have been set individually.
Prevents throw escape option selects involving specific moves such as Shoryuken, etc.

v6fELsF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom