• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

cordy

Banned
So I gotta ask...what do y'all think about the SFV's sales numbers given the NPD thread? He's Max's comments on it.

pgO1r26.png

Also, Max is worried about DLC 2 given the sales numbers, what do you all think? Personally, I think Capcom needs to make a plan with Sony and put up a "demo version" on PSN+ for 1 month with maybe I don't know 3-4 characters. Just for people to play and get invested and then eventually purchase. I think the game will be fine in the long run but obviously Capcom's not making those sales projections. As for DLC2, I hope it's next year but we'll have to see.

What I do know for a fact is that I have a ton of homies that would have bought this had it had that extra content so they'll probably come along later. Capcom might have to come out with a "Complete Edition: Year 1" and just name it "Super" to trick some folks lol.

Skilletor

Awesome Thanks ! It's Ahjumbie1231 same as my PSN. East Coast..When are you normally on?

I'm in Colorado, so we'll see how our connection is. I usually play around this time.

I'm Skillzilla81_PC or SKillzilla81_PS4. Shifting to PC for solo play, but I can do either.

ElFly

Is there a list somewhere of jump speeds/durations?

I am noticing I have more trouble AAing Karin and somewhat Ken than Ryu for whatever reason...so maybe that's it? I doubt Ryu and Ken jump that differently but I have to check.

kirblar

So I gotta ask...what do y'all think about the SFV's sales numbers given the NPD thread?

pgO1r26.png

Also, Max is worried about DLC 2 given the sales numbers, what do you all think? Personally, I think Capcom needs to make a plan with Sony and put up a "demo version" on PSN+ for 1 month with maybe I don't know 3-4 characters. Just for people to play and get invested and then eventually purchase. I think the game will be fine in the long run but obviously Capcom's not making those sales projections. As for DLC2, I hope it's next year but we'll have to see.

What I do know for a fact is that I have a ton of homies that would have bought this had it had that extra content so they'll probably come along later. Capcom might have to come out with a "Complete Edition: Year 1" and just name it "Super" to trick some folks lol.
"Super" SFV is going to be a neccessity. They need to RoS this thing up.

Resets I found with Nash. Sadly his Genocide Cutter doesn't allow him to do an air reset.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

You could use this gain back more health.

And this
giphy.gif
I saw Joe doing this the other day on stream it's quite nasty, depending on the delay of the hit that's what determines whether Nash goes behind or stays in front. Nasty setup for the uninitiated.

SFV could be like Splatoon and see an influx in sales later (or after evo) once more content exists. Capcom did kind of drop the ball with this launch though and assumed people would buy SFV because it's SF.

"Super" SFV is going to be a neccessity. They need to RoS this thing up.

I have absolutely no issue with that. Slap a new name on it and re release it even if you said you wouldn't do this. Or release a free to play version. Whatever to get the sales up or cash coming in. This is the only game I play and I want it to have great support for many many years to come.

Xeteh

Honestly, once they finish up their content plans I think it'd be silly not to do another round of DLC. All the hard work is already done. The game is there, not that designing/balancing isn't tough but making content for an existing game is far easier than starting one from scratch.

I have absolutely no issue with that. Slap a new name on it and re release it even if you said you wouldn't do this. Or release a free to play version. Whatever to get the sales up or cash coming in. This is the only game I play and I want it to have great support for many many years to come.

They can make as many rereleases as they want and it wouldn't be them going back on their word. Their promise was that you'd never need to buy updates if you had the base game.

I'd buy it. All colors and costumes unlocked though.

HardRojo

Yep, new marketing campaign and Super Street Fighter V or whatever will be necessary. I don't really care because it will help the game and original disc owners will still be able to play, so Capcom won't exactly be breaking their promise.

Xeteh

『Inaba Resident』;198114593 said:
Fighting games usually don't get huge numbers on twitch unless some type of tourney or event is going on. The exception being streamers like Max and Art

Yeah, MKX's numbers on Twitch were pretty weak right after launch too.

TokiDoki

Guile as DLC character is really meh . I know Nash plays alot differently than him , but IMO Nash is already representing his character well in the lineup . Could have been someone more interesting than Mr-boring-wear-shades-after-knocking-you-down-Guile .

jett

D-Member
With its recent bomba status confirmed, I wonder exactly how long will Capcom support this financial failure. Odds on 2016 being the first and only season of DLC?

Deadstar

Guile as DLC character is really meh . I know Nash plays alot differently than him , but IMO Nash is already representing his character well in the lineup . Could have been someone more interesting than Mr-boring-wear-shades-after-knocking-you-down-Guile .

The guile theme song needs to be in the game.

Regarding sales, the game is not complete yet so most people are probably waiting on that.

Momentary

Banned
The Fry's where I'm at has soooo many SFV copies and sticks just sitting on the shelves. I don't think they planned for it to tank so hard.

Tirael

Cammy's theme is my favorite! What about you guys?

It might be my favorite, too, and I don't play her. It's so nice.

Honestly, once they finish up their content plans I think it'd be silly not to do another round of DLC. All the hard work is already done. The game is there, not that designing/balancing isn't tough but making content for an existing game is far easier than starting one from scratch.

Yes, and the base game that is there is very solid, and feels great to play. It just depends on how much bad press they can counteract with the March update.

They can make as many rereleases as they want and it wouldn't be them going back on their word. Their promise was that you'd never need to buy updates if you had the base game.

Yeah, the versions for IV were okay because they were usually cheap, but they split the playerbase, which was their biggest mistake. They didn't have an answer in mind while designing it, so one couldn't be implemented. But they started development with a solution in mind for this entry, so they're better off in general. I hope people see that.

Csr

Is there a list somewhere of jump speeds/durations?

I am noticing I have more trouble AAing Karin and somewhat Ken than Ryu for whatever reason...so maybe that's it? I doubt Ryu and Ken jump that differently but I have to check.

I don't know if there is a list but it feels like different jump arcs, some jump attacks for some chars (like birdies jump mp if i remember correctly) and lag/rollbacks make antiairing with normals pretty hard some times.

So I gotta ask...what do y'all think about the SFV's sales numbers given the NPD thread? He's Max's comments on it.

pgO1r26.png

I am dying to know if this is true, and if it is true, then I feel kind of mixed about it.

On one hand, I'm someone who's been enjoying hopping online almost every day since the game came out and getting my competitive fill. I also feel like the game is pretty popular in my own social circle, but I know anecdote doesn't always go far, especially when thinking about the larger industry. I'm in love with the more casual-leaning gameplay as it feels like it raises the competition quite a bit and I love the aesthetic and the music.

On the other hand, the honest lack of content is severe enough that I can full on see why people would shy away from this one, especially if you have little interest in hopping online and playing against randoms for the competitive aspect of the game. There's almost nothing of value outside of online play in the current form of the game for people who don't have big local FGCs.

That said, I agree with the speculation that there will be a Super version, and I imagine it will be handled exactly how Destiny handled itself around Taken King -- rerelease disc with content download code packaged in to get new players caught up to the current release status (and, unlike Taken King, just have the game updates and content on the disc itself and use the packaged in code as more of an unlock key than actually making you download everything). At least, that's how I hope it is, because it doesn't make sense to me to have a fighting game in this day and age that requires an entire new release instead of just building on the foundation of the old one digitally. Well, actually, I suppose it "makes sense" in that it's worked before, I just find it incredibly inconvenient.

Opto

Banned
I think the legacy of SFIV hurt SFV. SFIV had revisions at what felt like a yearly affair ( I know that's not the case). Personally I was going to wait for a Super Street Fighter V until I heard they didn't plan for it to happen like that.

That, and the initial barebones of the release probably deterred a lot just by word of mouth. Shoulda waited for that Story mode to finish development

Durden77

I'm loving playing Nash, but he's no Guile at all. He can only really projectile zone from full screen, and is more of a hit and run character rather than a pure zoner.

The more I play Nash the more I want to see Guile. I miss his playstyle so much. I want those safe sonic booms in footsie range.

With SF V, Nash's moveset is so far apart from Guile. Capcom definitely kept Guile's moveset in mind when designing Nash to differentiate them. Of course, this is assuming Guile still retains the charge attacks, Sonic Boom and Flash Kick.

Tirael

That's probably why they cut him up and taped him back together.

Also his attitude is different.

Syntsui

These sales numbers scare me. I really love the core of this game, it's really well made, but the backlash from the lack of content and online problems was just too huge to ignore.

I fear for the future of the franchise. As much as I know this game will live on on the competitive scene, if it doesn't pay of to Capcom, eventually, the content/sponsored championships/patches will stop, and the game will be dead despite the love from the small and passionate community.

Ferrio

Banned
These sales numbers scare me. I really love the core of this game, it's really well made, but the backlash from the lack of content and online problems was just too huge to ignore.

I fear for the future of the franchise. As much as I know this game will live on on the competitive scene, if it doesn't pay of to Capcom, eventually, the content/sponsored championships/patches will stop, and the game will be dead despite the love from the small and passionate community.

Capcom dropping the game would pretty much be their worst option. I don't see it happening.

Well I mean, let's stop being overly protective of Capcom.

The game shipping as it was is not defensible and is outright embarrassing. They deserve all the backlash they can get, "it's an amazing core" or not. And I'll defend SF against any other franchise, normally.

New002

I respectfully disagree. Guile DLC can't come soon enough!

Durden77

I really think the game is going to be fine. The initial sales #'s suck, but the game will gain tons of momentum and have huge legs once the support starts coming in.

Mumford

Thinking about getting this game soon, and while I am a fighting game noob, I'm excited to try and see if I can learn this game. That being said though, I know it's currently impossible to Arcade VS a CPU, but can you VS a friend locally? Also, has Capcom announced anything further than the fact that they're "looking into" a VS CPU mode? It seems crazy to me that it's not in the game yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom