• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocK`

Banned
Also - I didn't know you didn't have to charge in Necalli's V-trigger.

I feel like there's still a lot about the system we're finding out...

Mediking

He's laughing at you thinking it's an uphill battle with her. Cammy is damn solid in this game. You can't abuse her specials, like most of her iterations have been, and low health, but otherwise, she's pretty damn good and fun.

Please be joking.

I was mostly joking but it really is easy to stop Cammy.... all you gotta do is block me like crazy and destroy me when I drop my guard. A few combos and I'm already dead or near dead.

I've learned to really wait and exchange blows when necessary. You gotta play like a tiger with Cammy.

KingBroly

Banned
If you were able to complete characters like Mika, Ryu, and Chun pretty easily then the rest of the cast should be a cake walk for you. Familiar or not.

You're using the term "easily" a bit loosely here, I feel. It took me about...30 minutes to do Cammy's, an hour to do Laura's, 2 hours for Ryu and Chun, and about 3.5 for Mika.

Baleoce

Can't even get that capcom-unity update page to load. Been trying the last couple of hours.

Can anyone paste the update notes please?

SSReborn

Can't even get that capcom-unity update page to load. Been trying the last couple of hours.

If you can go on the ps blog there is condensed version of the post all the text is there i believe but its missing some of the pictures.

El Sloth

Banned

Guile will be available for free later this month to all players until the Zenny shop launches and will receive his own set of Trials and Character Story. His Battle Costume will be available for free to all Season Pass holders as well.

CHARACTER OVERVIEW

In Street Fighter V, Guile retains his ability to dominate both the ground and air with his solid normal attacks and special moves, such as Sonic Boom and Somersault Kick. He also now has the ability to enter a crouch walk state called Faultless Move which allows him to keep his charge while moving forward, giving him even more options in his kit to keep his opponents in line. Guile is a great choice for those of you who are looking for a charge character who can easily control the pace of the match.

V-Skill: Sonic Blade

Guile spins up sonic energy to create a Sonic Blade which acts as a stationary projectile that can also juice up his Sonic Booms. Sonic Blade can really help Guile pressure opponents on their wake-up or help him win projectile battles as it increases Sonic Boom durability!

V-Trigger: Solid Puncher

Guile powers up and tosses out continuous Sonic Booms! Each button throws a Sonic Boom at a different speed, so mixing up between buttons can create interesting Sonic Boom sequences. Depending on the sequence used, this can act as a great combo extender, be used to overwhelm opponents or easily push his opponents to the corner.

Critical Art: Sonic Hurricane

Guile’s most devastating attack, the Sonic Hurricane! Guile powers up and hits his opponent with a massive, multi-hit Sonic Boom. This Critical Art receives a damage and range boost while his V-Trigger is active.

AIR FORCE BASE STAGE

We’re also excited to announce our first DLC stage, which is a classic that you all know and love: Guile’s Air Force Base! The jet receives a new coat of paint and you’ll probably recognize some familiar faces cheering you on in the background. This stage will be available in the Shop for 70,000FM. Season Pass holders will receive this stage for free as a thank you for supporting Street Fighter V.

RAGE QUIT SYSTEM

We’re also happy to announce that we will be implementing a system to punish players who frequently disconnect during matches (aka rage quitters).

The way this will work is the system will identify players who have high disconnect rates during matches and will lock them out of matchmaking for a period of time. Players who have been identified as abusing the system will receive an in-game message notifying them they have been locked out of matchmaking. More additions and enhancements to this system will be implemented in the future.

MATCHMAKING IMPROVEMENTS

We will also be making a number of improvements to Street Fighter V’s matchmaking. Many users should have an easier time creating and connecting to Battle Lounges and we are also loosening the restrictions on finding an opponent. We know users in Europe and other parts of the world have experienced some issues finding opponents and this should help increase the amount of battles coming their way.​

You're using the term "easily" a bit loosely here, I feel. It took me about...30 minutes to do Cammy's, an hour to do Laura's, 2 hours for Ryu and Chun, and about 3.5 for Mika.

Got it. When you said kinda easy I was imagining around 20 minutes per character.

I am getting Millia's Tandem Top vibes from the description of Guile's V-Skill. Guess we will see how it really works next Wednesday.

necc4sz9.jpg
Nec looking... happy

KingBroly

Banned
wouldn't surprise me, lol

I always loved their 'oh, we're introducing new characters later in the beta to test our delivery system' when it was already in the files :|

So I'm guessing they're having to tie everything to Steam/PSN separately because Capcpom gonna Capcpcpcom.

Messiah

I have to wonder what the hold up for the Zenny shop is, tbh.

I'm guessing it doesn't work and never has worked.

A bunch of QA is my guess. People were getting into other people's CFN accounts on accident and that is a big no-no when you put real money into that account.

I'd be surprised if the shop itself wasn't working for a long time. Actually I wouldn't be surprised it is Capcom after all.

FluxWaveZ

also I have decided Mika's new costume is the most lewd

where does it go

Aw man, I think I totally missed the fact that Mika's ass is exposed again in her Premium costume. After that and seeing how she'd look in it without the mask, I'm starting to lean away from it. Might stick with Story costume, but I'll see.

I'm considering making the switch to PC and I have a silly question. Are mod costumes somehow selectable from the in-game GUI or do they have to replace existing costumes?

Aw man, I think I totally missed the fact that Mika's ass is exposed again in her Premium costume. After that and seeing how she'd look in it without the mask, I'm starting to lean away from it. Might stick with Story costume, but I'll see.
I still like it but from certain angles it's... Yeah.
I'm considering making the switch to PC and I have a silly question. Are mod costumes somehow selectable from the in-game GUI or do they have to replace existing costumes?
No GUI unfortunately, they have to replace current costumes

LakeEarth

I highly doubt we are going to get a win for a drop. But from that description, I don't even think they get a loss either. They just get a "time-out" after a certain amount of drops. It'll discourage a bit I guess, but I don't think it will stop dropping until you lose ~100LP or so.

Moaradin

Hopefully we actually get a win if someone rage quits

Or else this system is crap

I don't even care about getting the win. I just want the other guy to get the loss. Getting rid of their win streak and not letting them get away with it for free is the most important thing. SF4 did exactly that.

That rage quit system seems not so great. Give them the loss and other guy the win.

But when does that start? When they're flagged at a high disconnect rate? At the first disconnect? Capcom wants to avoid unfairly punishing people who aren't RQ'ing and that much seems like a good decision. Telling the difference between a legitimate disconnect that the player didn't initiate and someone who pulled the cord because they didn't like what was happening isn't exactly something that's done easily.

But when does that start? When they're flagged at a high disconnect rate? At the first disconnect? Capcom wants to avoid unfairly punishing people who aren't RQ'ing and that much seems like a good decision. Telling the difference between a legitimate disconnect that the player didn't initiate and someone who pulled the cord because they didn't like what was happening isn't exactly something that's done easily.

This is what most people don't understand I think. You can't have a system that punishes everyone for 1 disconnect. Netcodes aren't 100% and won't hold up all the time and there are instances where a person is in fact not rage quitting. KI has a 15% DC rate limit before they start implementing their jail system on a player. As long as they give the DC player a loss no matter what then a DC% rate system is fine.

I always loved their 'oh, we're introducing new characters later in the beta to test our delivery system' when it was already in the files :|

So I'm guessing they're having to tie everything to Steam/PSN separately because Capcpom gonna Capcpcpcom.

That delivery system will be used when they drop that secret Akuma at the end of season 1. :p

They did test it since you couldn't play certain characters until they decided when despite them already being present in the files. And in beta 2, certain characters didn't show up until after an update was pushed out (through the game, not psn) while it was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom