• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lulubop

Uggggghhh today is such a good dayyyyyyy

With the release date not announced, I imagine it's gonna be at the end of the month just like Alex.

It's gonna be a long wait for my boy, but it looks to be so worth it. Offensive crouch. Fuck YES.

I mean, next week is the last week of the month. it's not that long. If it's like Alex the patch will be next Monday.

I'm trying to come up with a concept for the OT - I think what I've come up with atm is too boring. I was just gunna have the cast in GAF colours but I don't think it has enough visual variation.
5nheyxz.png

pMfk7XS.png
Idk what else to do instead. Any suggestions?

I'm trying to come up with a concept for the OT - I think what I've come up with atm is too boring. I was just gunna have the cast in GAF colours but I don't think it has enough visual variation.

Take pictures of every character with every alternate costume and photoshop Premium Ken's face onto everyone.

So anybody is under the impression that if there is no penalty for disconnecting (count as a loss, remove LP / FM from account) like SFIV and others, it's that whatever netcode they using just can't do it ?

The Capcom blog post is really worrisome...

It could also just be someone higher up at Capcom holding onto the idea that simply issuing a loss will piss off people with connection issues.

KingBroly

Banned
How about playing and getting better? You had a tough time doing trials so i think theres much room to improve.

I only had problems with characters I don't frequent a lot. Cammy and Laura were actually kinda easy, with Mika and Ryu following them, then Chun following them. After that...it began to drop off like a cliff, lol. Especially Dhalsim. BUT ESPECIALLY FANG. I hate FANG.

I only had problems with characters I don't frequent a lot. Cammy and Laura were actually kinda easy, with Mika and Ryu following them, then Chun following them. After that...it began to drop off like a cliff, lol. Especially Dhalsim. BUT ESPECIALLY FANG. I hate FANG.
Which character do you use?

Mediking

Just have fun with it. Do goofy stuff.

mbpm1

Be patient, game is not finished yet. Snk changed Andy's face in KoFXIV, I'm sure Capcom can do it.

KOFXIV team seems more commited to changing the graphics than Capcom at this point though.

Besides if Ken doesn't have an extremely punchable face, he's not Ken anymore

Pompadour

So anybody is under the impression that if there is no penalty for disconnecting (count as a loss, remove LP / FM from account) like SFIV and others, it's that whatever netcode they using just can't do it ?

That's possible. I'm curious how this netcode fix will play out. It should nip most of it in the bud but I'm sure the occasional rage quit will happen, which isn't great.

MadGear

I hope that in addition to punishing rage quitters based on the numbers of disconnects that they also reworked the way the game deals with disconnects during matches. Rage quit or not, disconnects should always count as a loss and grant a win to the other player.
I'm also very much looking forward to the improvements to matchmaking, however I'm not sure I should be happy about "looser restrictions". Sounds like this would trade quality (...) for quantity.

You need to abuse the EX versions of your moves.

EX Divekick fucks him up, EX spiral arrow can go through his trap.

V-Trigger versions naturally do the same thing.

You need to not give him ANY breathing room. He has only 1 good wakeup option, the EX slide and you can throw him out of it.

Keep at him and never relent. And try to use your DP to get out of his frametraps, the worst ones being his cr.mk and d+ppp xx kick which are +2 on block.

Also throwing him on his wakeup is a pretty good option. It beats his slide, it beats any move he can try to do and if he's trying to V-Reversal out then he can't.

KingBroly

Banned
You need to abuse the EX versions of your moves.

EX Divekick fucks him up, EX spiral arrow can go through his trap.

V-Trigger versions naturally do the same thing.

You need to not give him ANY breathing room. He has only 1 good wakeup option, the EX slide and you can throw him out of it.

Keep at him and never relent. And try to use your DP to get out of his frametraps, the worst ones being his cr.mk and d+ppp xx kick which are +2 on block.

I don't mean I hate fighting against him, I just hate using him after going through his Trials

BadWolf

I think they want to start light with the punishments and slowly escalate if there is a need to do so.

Xeteh

Needs more Cammy.

That color scheme for her Battle costume is fucking rad, though.

Moaradin

"We’re also happy to announce that we will be implementing a system to punish players who frequently disconnect during matches (aka rage quitters).

The way this will work is the system will identify players who have high disconnect rates during matches and will lock them out of matchmaking for a period of time. Players who have been identified as abusing the system will receive an in-game message notifying them they have been locked out of matchmaking. More additions and enhancements to this system will be implemented in the future."

Sounds good but hopefully it actually counts as a loss if you rage quit. That seems like an obvious thing but they don't say anything about that here. Just that they'll be punishing repeat offenders.

Hahaha what can I say? Cammy is my favorite character in the game.

And FANG is....well....

He's laughing at you thinking it's an uphill battle with her. Cammy is damn solid in this game. You can't abuse her specials, like most of her iterations have been, and low health, but otherwise, she's pretty damn good and fun.

If you were able to complete characters like Mika, Ryu, and Chun pretty easily then the rest of the cast should be a cake walk for you. Familiar or not.

qcf x2

Sounds good but hopefully it actually counts as a loss if you rage quit. That seems like an obvious thing but they don't say anything about that here. Just that they'll be punishing repeat offenders.

If it's not explicitly stated then best assume it ain't happening, lol. But I'm sure they'll make improvements.... "in the future."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom