• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
A character is 100,000 FM ($5) and the stage is 70,000 (~$3.50), which seems perfectly reasonable to me. Stages probably take a lot more work to make than people think, otherwise we'd probably see a lot more in games than we do. I don't think we'll see a huge volume or anything comparable in quantity to the costumes.

It's the individual character costumes at 40,000 FM ($4) that seem way overpriced.

While you can buy a character, there's been no indication you can buy a stage in the future. You can only buy it with FM right now as well.

Zerojul

Crouch walking ? Stationary booms ? Guile looks like he will be a lot of fun, can't wait to see him in motion.
I guess there's no definite date for the update, right ???

Oh, and I'm really glad Garett is up for the OT, he did a fantastic job in the OP and to keep the thread itself entertaining.

I really hope that the mm fix actually significantly improves the amount of time it takes to find a match. The loss of FM/EXP/LP is annoying when someone RQs, but another issue with it was how long it took to get into the next match. This alone would theoretically help lessen the blow, even if it's still a problem with Capcom's initial fix.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
"Waifu material" - Mediking

yeah I rarely see FANG or Necalli online
I actually see a lot of Necallis.

According to that ranking site my least encountered characters are: Dhalsim, FANG, Alex (well, duh), Rashid, Claw, Birdie
Most often I play against: Ryu, Nash, Dictator, Ken, Karin

I actually see a lot of Necallis.

According to that ranking site my least encountered characters are: Dhalsim, FANG, Alex (well, duh), Rashid, Claw, Birdie
Strange, I think I've fought one or two max :/

also I accidentally managed to make Ryu invisible but I think this will be good for screenshots lol.

HiResDes

Yeah, and that'll probably continue to be the case until a balance update. He's statistically the least played character online, he's one of the most technical characters in the game, and he's considered one of the very weakest.

Plus, he sucks and his face sucks.

The weird thing is if you look at like top 50 there are a bunch of Fangs near the top. I know he's considered to be fairly weak, but I think lack of experience against him and knowledge about to punish some of his traps are somewhat abusable online. I think if Fang gets a few little frame buffs he could go from being low tier to S-Tier and I know this probably seems true for quite a few characters, but he seems like a character that will be particularly sensitive to buffing.

KingBroly

Banned
Allow FANG to have multiple Poison V-Skill balls on screen at once
Up all of his damage by 10-30 HP
CA hits makes Poison last the rest of the round

Just having his V-Skill do some damage on top of the poison application would work wonders.

EDIT: Obviously not lethal, but you get the idea.

I'm interested to see how far Xian and SonicFox can take FANG at the moment. The high level tourney play overall is still very early, especially for the more technical characters like FANG.

I'm interested to see how far Xian and SonicFox can take FANG at the moment. The high level tourney play overall is still very early, especially for the more technical characters like FANG.
Personally feel like FANG can be a great pocket character but against certain matchups, he can feel powerless.

Other way around.

Unless they announced that the cosmetics in the FM shop are gonna be in the Zenny shop, I'm not sure what you mean. Right now that only thing you can buy with both FM and Zenny that we know of are the characters.

Personally feel like FANG can be a great pocket character but against certain matchups, he can feel powerless.

Definitely. Even excluding the Ryu mu (since right now it looks like everyone either matches up poorly or evenly vs Ryu), he can still really struggle against other characters.

Big Brett

I love when people come into OTs knowing full well they hate the game, and that they're entering a community that mostly likes the game. I guess people gotta get off somehow.

HiResDes

Anybody else find it weird that despite being considered a top character in the game Chun-Li's haven't been making many top 8's in the major tournaments?

capcom-unity site must be getting obliterated right now because it is not loading for me at all.
This always seems to happen whenever a SF5 related post goes up on the site.
Anybody else find it weird that despite being considered a top character in the game Chun-Li's haven't been making many top 8's in the major tournaments?
To be fair, there haven't even been THAT many major tournaments.

But I see your point. I also expected Chuns to be ranked higher than they usually are. At least this speaks to how balanced everything is, that there's such a variety of characters in Top 8s/16s.

We had two Chun-li's in top 8 during the ranking event yesterday. I imagine we'll be seeing more of her throughout the year since she's a very good character atm.

El Sloth

Banned
Like which? All the Top 8s I'm thinking of had at least one Chun. The Brazillian tournament? The European ones?

Considering how good Guile's stage looks, can you even imagine how good old stages, like Sagat's classic Thailand stage, would look in this game?
tumblr_o42etnM6qW1unpujno1_500.jpg

Hyun Sai

So anybody is under the impression that if there is no penalty for disconnecting (count as a loss, remove LP / FM from account) like SFIV and others, it's that whatever netcode they using just can't do it ?

The Capcom blog post is really worrisome...

vg260

So anybody is under the impression that if there is no penalty for disconnecting (count as a loss, remove LP / FM from account) like SFIV and others, it's that whatever netcode they using just can't do it ?

That's my gut reaction.

Hey, FunkyLounge!

I broke 1500 LP by playing reactively. People around this level tend to have fairly obvious holes in their playstyle (including me and you given we are around this range). When you look hard enough and play defensive while you focus on their mistakes.

Learn your best punishes for all block situations. When you can punish move only by jab, learn the best special to cancel into, or the one that puts you in an advantageous situation. The same with mediums, hards and crush counters.

Observe if the player is mashing jabs or reversals when blocking. That's the easiest way to force them into bad situations. Do few blockstring hits and stop. Their move comes out and you whiff punish / block punish.

Careful observation and reactive play is the way to go in this LP range.

I can't thank you enough for this post a few weeks back. I broke through a skill ceiling that I'd been stuck at for years.

Durden77

Uggggghhh today is such a good dayyyyyyy

With the release date not announced, I imagine it's gonna be at the end of the month just like Alex.

It's gonna be a long wait for my boy, but it looks to be so worth it. Offensive crouch. Fuck YES.

Bizazedo

Well, they did contract it out..:(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom