• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even care about getting the win. I just want the other guy to get the loss. Getting rid of their win streak and not letting them get away with it for free is the most important thing. SF4 did exactly that.

The lp for winning/lose should also register so ppl get to the right ranks. I wonder if the rq system will be a staggering one or just a coffe break for frauds.

LakeEarth

i just used my first v reversal ever

Times you should get used to doing V-Reversals:
- they're going for the Critical Art chip death (what else do you have to lose?)
- they cancelled their blockstring into v-trigger (especially useful for Dhalsim)
- you have a character that's plus after v-reversal into dash (Mika), and you're facing a character that suck at being pressured (Dhalsim, FANG, Bison)

Mediking

Needs more Gaf recolored battle Cammy.

Agreed! *fist bump*

Pretty good tbh. One of the questions I got about it was my lecturer asking why Cammy was so busty lmao.

She's fine just the way she is!!!

Times you should get used to doing V-Reversals:
- they're going for the Critical Art chip death (what else do you have to lose?)
- they cancelled their blockstring into v-trigger (especially useful for Dhalsim)
- you have a character that's plus after v-reversal into dash (Mika), and you're facing a character that suck at being pressured (Dhalsim, FANG, Bison)

Lmao it's funny cuz I throw out V-Reversals by pure chance. I don't even intend to do them but I end up doing them. Haha it usually works.

I don't even care about getting the win. I just want the other guy to get the loss. Getting rid of their win streak and not letting them get away with it for free is the most important thing. SF4 did exactly that.
Yeah, it doesn’t affect you much, but the quitter should lose something more than I can’t play for 10 minutes. I’m sure they are going to update this, but I think the first fix should send a stronger message than what is implied.

You lose your steak, you lose points, and you are out play for 10 minutes. If it happens more frequently, they keep increasing the time you are out of the game.

And OMG F@#*($@ the Guile thread...Feel like I’m debating with a brick wall -_-

But when does that start? When they're flagged at a high disconnect rate? At the first disconnect? Capcom wants to avoid unfairly punishing people who aren't RQ'ing and that much seems like a good decision. Telling the difference between a legitimate disconnect that the player didn't initiate and someone who pulled the cord because they didn't like what was happening isn't exactly something that's done easily.

Just do it. Unintentional disconnects happen and it will suck if I get it, but it's for the good of the system.

Do the RQ hell as well.

Steroyd

That feel when you get a run back and successfully get revenge, had some lovely Cammy vs Cammy matches, although for some reason I go stupid in fast matches, so many dropped combos cost me games, I felt like ripping my hair out.

Also I find myself pushing buttons out of habit in the middle of my opponents cpmbo for no reason, I need to slap myself out of that nonsense, and be on the ball with cross ups,

Here's hoping Capcom RQ thing is adequate because I want to play around with ranked, I'm fighting so many people with DP's that when I play against someone like Laura or R Mika I have no bloody clue becuase I usually just wait for people to DP before crush countering lol.

Hyun Sai

Just do it. Unintentional disconnects happen and it will suck if I get it, but it's for the good of the system.

Do the RQ hell as well.

Quoted for truth. It happened to me in SFIV and that was often heartbreaking, but if it's for a healthy online experience, I totally accept that.

So what do you guys think are the chances that Guile gets a 3 frame jab?

I say no chance at all. Same as Nash.

TheOGB

Banned
20 years later I finally succeeded at Karin's trial 06.

I'm so elated I'm going to go online and get bodied because my muscle memory will keep trying to do that fucking combo

So what do you guys think are the chances that Guile gets a 3 frame jab?

I don't think he'll get a 3f jab or short with range, maybe he might get one with no range like Ryu with his st. Jab. But he's not getting a 3f light with range like Necalli's st. Jab or Chun's cr. Jab. His job in this game is to be a wall and though he will get plenty of tools to be very good in that area, he's not going to have the very best at his disposal.

I'm very curious about his crouching walk. Their has to be some kind of drawback to it otherwise it would be too good. Maybe it has counter hit state like Ryu's parry or their is recovery after stopping from moving forward. Or they could just weaken his FK by giving it no invincibility except for maybe the EX version. Maybe this Guile won't have many forward and backward moving moves like his SF4 version or SFV Nash has.

Whether or not any of those are true he sounds very good to me right now. Just knowing about the crouch walk and V skill/V trigger really makes me look forward to seeing him in action unlike Alex who I never really cared much for.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
20 years later I finally succeeded at Karin's trial 06.

I'm so elated I'm going to go online and get bodied because my muscle memory will keep trying to do that fucking combo

Hahaha That's the only Trial I have left. It's sitting there, mocking me. I can get out the Just Frame Tenko on its own pretty easily, but attaching the low MK messes me up. Or worse, I do it and blow the final part of the combo from sheer spastic joy at getting that far.

I don't think he'll get a 3f jab or short with range, maybe he might get one with no range like Ryu with his st. Jab. But he's not getting a 3f light with range like Necalli's st. Jab or Chun's cr. Jab. His job in this game is to be a wall and though he will get plenty of tools to be very good in that area, he's not going to have the very best at his disposal.

I'm very curious about his crouching walk. Their has to be some kind of drawback to it otherwise it would be too good. Maybe it has counter hit state like Ryu's parry or their is recovery after stopping from moving forward. Or they could just weaken his FK by giving it no invincibility except for maybe the EX version. Maybe this Guile won't have many forward and backward moving moves like his SF4 version or SFV Nash has.

Whether or not any of those are true he sounds very good to me right now. Just knowing about the crouch walk and V skill/V trigger really makes me look forward to seeing him in action unlike Alex who I never really cared much for.

I'm sure the crouch walk is probably going to be rather slow. Slower than his normal walk speed I'm sure. It having a counter state makes sense on paper but if it is meant to be a major part of his game plan in the offensive style of SFV it'd be a bad idea to make him get countered off of it. He'd have no real reason to use it at the risk of taking huge damage is his normals are slower and he does less damage while in that state. If that was the case then it'd be best to just play lame to be safe.

I wonder if it will be kind of like Ken's step in use where you can "cancel" out of moves to keep the pressure and close distance while maintaining charge or even getting charge during the animation.

I wish they'd just release gameplay trailer with these blogs posts so we can see things in action.

TheOGB

Banned
Hahaha That's the only Trial I have left. It's sitting there, mocking me. I can get out the Just Frame Tenko on its own pretty easily, but attaching the low MK messes me up. Or worse, I do it and blow the final part of the combo from sheer spastic joy at getting that far.
Yeah, that cr.MK always made things awkward, and the way I usually do the just frame Tenko is basically qcf+V-Skill, so I basically had to change the way I do all those moves. AND try not to mash out the Orochi at the end, otherwise I'd get another Tenko or CA.

It seems like Karin's CA is a lot easier to do unintentionally than any one else's.

qcf x2

Yeah, it doesn’t affect you much, but the quitter should lose something more than I can’t play for 10 minutes. I’m sure they are going to update this, but I think the first fix should send a stronger message than what is implied.

You lose your steak, you lose points, and you are out play for 10 minutes. If it happens more frequently, they keep increasing the time you are out of the game.

And OMG F@#*($@ the Guile thread...Feel like I’m debating with a brick wall -_-

It's alright bro we're all in this together. Let us hold hands and sing
Rashido

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
So do we have Guile move-set theories yet? V-Skill? V-Trigger? Someone here theorized a possible counter sort of like Remy's Super, the one nobody used because it was useless. Guile is such a stock, basic-ass mofo, no idea what you could do to differentiate him without veering away too much from the classic standard. Nash could get away with it, not Guile.

In other news, I still want Remy to come back.

mbpm1

So do we have Guile move-set theories yet? V-Skill? V-Trigger? Someone here theorized a possible counter sort of like Remy's Super, the one nobody used because it was useless. Guile is such a stock, basic-ass mofo, no idea what you could do to differentiate him without veering away too much from the classic standard. Nash could get away with it, not Guile.

In other news, I still want Remy to come back.

They revealed the V-skill and V-trigger already I thought

CHARACTER OVERVIEW
In Street Fighter V, Guile retains his ability to dominate both the ground and air with his solid normal attacks and special moves, such as Sonic Boom and Somersault Kick. He also now has the ability to enter a crouch walk state called Faultless Move which allows him to keep his charge while moving forward, giving him even more options in his kit to keep his opponents in line. Guile is a great choice for those of you who are looking for a charge character who can easily control the pace of the match.
V-Skill: Sonic Blade
Guile spins up sonic energy to create a Sonic Blade which acts as a stationary projectile that can also juice up his Sonic Booms. Sonic Blade can really help Guile pressure opponents on their wake-up or help him win projectile battles as it increases Sonic Boom durability!
V-Trigger: Solid Puncher
Guile powers up and tosses out continuous Sonic Booms! Each button throws a Sonic Boom at a different speed, so mixing up between buttons can create interesting Sonic Boom sequences. Depending on the sequence used, this can act as a great combo extender, be used to overwhelm opponents or easily push his opponents to the corner.

VariantX

I think i got to the point where I can get it 25% of the time, Im aiming for 50% now. Not that its any consolation to you, Karin's #6 is still far easier than most of SF4's stuff. I couldn't do shit with Rufus's trials at all.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
What is "good"?

Yup, this was my question. I have a pretty realistic bar for myself--GAF monsters would eat me alive, for example. I consider those players good by my standards. I call myself average at best at this point. My younger self, with way more time on his hands, was definitely better, though.

Still having fun, though. Still learning, too. I will probably level up next week, actually. I am off on Spring Break and will play as much as possible.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Maintenance

Actually it was my internet but it seems PSN will undergo maintenance later today regardless. I finally beat story mode with all characters and I guess I'm a bit choked that for whatever reason you can't have the same profile for PS4 and PC. Basically the week I've spent grinding for fight money on a borrowed PS4 copy will be meaningless if I end up getting the game for PC down the line. :/

When you notice Guile v-Skill is his MvC2 glitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82UsBigi-SM

This will be funny.

Curious how his "Faultless move" will work since "keep his charge" makes me wonder if he'll keep back charge to somehow?

You probably still have to hold back, but I bet it'll be assigned to KKK or PPP button, so you just tap or hold that to do the walk and you'll either do the walk slightly for a few frames when tappped and/or continue slowly moving forward while holding the button.

Haha fought a guy named hohoho playing FANG and beat him like 4 straight games. Ran in to him later with him playing Alex and I beat him again which I guess sent him over the edge and he finally RQed on me. Better get those RQs in before the punishment starts.

This stick thing is becoming a problem. My execution is awful. Anyone got any tips? I'm trying to practice combos every day but I can't seem to land it with the stick, and I've been using this damned thing for months now!

I might take my own advice and play a few other fighters casually so I can stop mashing the thing and be smooth with it.

Mr. X

This stick thing is becoming a problem. My execution is awful. Anyone got any tips? I'm trying to practice combos every day but I can't seem to land it with the stick, and I've been using this damned thing for months now!

I might take my own advice and play a few other fighters casually so I can stop mashing the thing and be smooth with it.

I played STHD Remix for a while to get my stick execution to a decent level.

Alucrid

Banned
zCgHKU7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom