• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whales

Banned
Still have no access to my console. Any feedback would be welcomed.

Guile is nice, the new stage is very nice with good music + 60fps bg chars

FInally a RQ solution ( even if it's not very good)

The new matchmaking system is ??? seems like it's worse than before tbh. I get matched to people with 1k+ more lp than me more often now..

Lounges searching is still garbage

Big Brett

Glad I switched to Alex/Birdie/Nash when we played yesterday then! GGs again
Appreciate you doing rounds with me. I know it's not always conducive to play against scrubby players a ton but I really do appreciate it. It helps me out a ton I feel like I learn every round.

Play Guile if you wish. It helps me figure it out!

Xeteh

Anyone have any advice for learning Necalli? I want to mess around with him a bit but I don't really know where I should start.

sixghost

What's the best response when you block Karin's jumping overhead move? If I try to go for anything bigger than a combo starting with a LP or LK I get stuffed by the sliding kick.

Edgeward

What's the best response when you block Karin's jumping overhead move? If I try to go for anything bigger than a combo starting with a LP or LK I get stuffed by the sliding kick.

If they like going for the slide follow up then just wait and punish after. The recovery on it is huge.

hwateber

Based on my scrubby ryu play, hardest matchups are Nash, Karin and Chun in that order. I also find Bison pretty tough but I think that may just be me as a player

sonicmj1

I just got matched against Smug in Ranked.

He's Super Platinum.

I'm Ultra Bronze.

How can I reach out to him to thank him for the two matches and two LP he took from me? It was a worthwhile experience on my end.

That goes without saying so no reason to even mention it. This isn't even remotely the case.

It could be the case, every match up isn't the same, some people experience a ton of lag on their end, while the other player get the perfect experience, so don't assume the match is all good..this netcode needs more work..

Zissou

What's the frame data on (non-meaty) instant air Yoga Gale? For whatever reason, I thought it was better than it seems to be, but maybe I'm missing something?

With the dummy programmed to reversal 3F normal as the guard recovery action, the instant air gale has to be perfectly timed as low to the ground as possible for Sim to get a clean hit with his 4 frame light. So at best, is it +2? Seems like any tiny error in timing and it ends up being +1 (trade with 3F normals) or even worse.

mbpm1

What's the frame data on (non-meaty) instant air Yoga Gale? For whatever reason, I thought it was better than it seems to be, but maybe I'm missing something?

With the dummy programmed to reversal 3F normal as the guard recovery action, the instant air gale has to be perfectly timed as low to the ground as possible for Sim to get a clean hit with his 4 frame light. So at best, is it +2? Seems like any tiny error in timing and it ends up being +1 (trade with 3F normals) or even worse.

I keep hearing that it's +17 on stream

hwateber

Alright I need to stop and reevaluate my play. Dropped down two ranks to silver today and a lot of the points I lost were to Nash players. Any ryu players got tips?

I don't know what to do in a matchup where ryu can't throw fireballs and Nash has better pokes. I'm also having trouble just keeping him cornered with all his escape tools

qcf x2

I still think Cammy Ken is the worst matchup in the game (in Ken's favor). Unlike in every other Cammy matchup, she controls no area against him. He's better in close, he's better mid range, he's better far, he's better in the air. And just as icing on the cake Ken jabbed me out of my spiral arrow at max range.

Deps

I still think Cammy Ken is the worst matchup in the game (in Ken's favor). Unlike in every other Cammy matchup, she controls no area against him. He's better in close, he's better mid range, he's better far, he's better in the air. And just as icing on the cake Ken jabbed me out of my spiral arrow at max range.

Matchup is fine. Cammy is just as good as Ken up close. They both have great buttons for frame traps and a great shimmy game, and Cammy has a 3f jab unlike Ken. Midrange Cammy wins, she has much better pokes compared to Ken.

Watch redbull kumite for some good Cammy vs Ken. Kazunoko won convincingly vs BigBird and Momochi, who are 2 of the best Kens.

Edgeward

Ken doesn't have a great whiff punisher like Cammy's st hp. That needs to be used more, and buffered with spiral arrow, when you are outranged by the other.

so how do most sponsorships work? do they just take a cut from whatever pay out you get?
I believe sponsorships, for fighting games anyway, pay for your travel expenses.

Not sure if they take a cut, they could but it's not like dota where there's millions at stake.

Alucrid

Banned
I believe sponsorships, for fighting games anyway, pay for your travel expenses.

Not sure if they take a cut, they could but it's not like dota where there's millions at stake.

yeah that's mainly what i was wondering. i guess sponsers are happy enough to have their logos on stream or whatever

Do I play Street Fighter or Overwatch? Hmmm.

I can startup Overwatch and get matches within 30 seconds. I can keep playing without any issues. I can organize friends together and play with them no problem.

I can do none of those things in Street Fighter.

Fix your shit Capcom. I'm growing tired of covering for this.

Zerojul

Got my first RQ since I took on ranked again a few days ago. It still doesn't feel good at all to be robbed from a win.
How does the patch work exactly btw ? For the one that is on the receiving end of the RQ it's still no LP ?

I can startup Overwatch and get matches within 30 seconds. I can keep playing without any issues. I can organize friends together and play with them no problem.

capcom needs to to fix international matchmaking for sure. I have no issues here in NA. atleast for matchmaking. so i get matches relatively fast.

Spuck-uk

Banned
My current main, but be aware that his damage output is very low. I might switch to Guile but he is the most difficult character to play so far.

Claw is a very pokey character and very fast, so you have to force mistakes from the opponent. It feels really good to win with him, every win is earned.

Errr, Clawless Vega has excellent damage, as long as you have bar. Vega gets some of the hardest hitting counterhit combos in the game, and fully stocked any poke is 400 damage..

Mad dash for the money train they forgot all the simply features they had in SF4, like dealing with Rage Quitters, lack of offline content, no support for 3rd party controllers/Arcade Sticks, and many more, then they had the nerve to say they would make a story mode to rival MK then release the game with slide show story mode, announce before release the story mode will be released 4 months after the game, Capcom released an incomplete game, $60 for Early Access game, shit their cash shop isn't even up yet, you trying to make money and you don't have that up hahahahahahaha fucking hahahahaha..

I have been straddling the 4k line for about 3weeks. Things I've realized about the match making. It takes a little while for your actual rank to update. So after you hit gold you will fight mostly silvers and at some point it will click over. Then I noticed from 4k to 4.35k you jump about 9,000 in ranking. There are a ton of people that got to gold(legitimately or RQing) and stopped playing. I feel like the dirth of gold players might be effecting the match making...
possibly

Mediking

Another reason why I moved on from Cammy. Playing against a really good Ken as Cammy is futile.

mbpm1

Do you have poison in overwatch tho

play overwatch

LakeEarth

I have been straddling the 4k line for about 3weeks. Things I've realized about the match making. It takes a little while for your actual rank to update. So after you hit gold you will fight mostly silvers and at some point it will click over. Then I noticed from 4k to 4.35k you jump about 9,000 in ranking. There are a ton of people that got to gold(legitimately or RQing) and stopped playing. I feel like the dirth of gold players might be effecting the match making...
possibly

I'm right there with you. You get to gold, so you start facing super/ultra golds more often. So you get bumped down to ultra-silver, so you start facing super/ultra silvers more often. So you get back up to gold, and start facing super/ultra golds more often. So you get bumped back down and yadda yadda yadda...

So I'm trapped in this purgatory where I'm better than most silvers and worse than most golds. I'm just not dedicated enough right now to get over this hump. Maybe later in the year.

Got my first RQ since I took on ranked again a few days ago. It still doesn't feel good at all to be robbed from a win.
How does the patch work exactly btw ? For the one that is on the receiving end of the RQ it's still no LP ?

I think so. They just timeout folks with frequest disconnects for 2 hours.

I thought everyone was TNA in Overwatch tho
Not all though. The characters are surprisingly well designed.

There's only the one character who comes to mind who wears clothes a little too tight but everyone else is good.

Hell, one female character wears a parka (Ice-powers character)

LakeEarth

Don't think about "losing the win" or the points, just laugh at how utterly lame they are.

Whales

Banned

one game is 40$ at launch because they didn't have any SP content, the other was like that but launched for 60$

and the 40$ game is getting free heroes and maps, in the 60$ game you will need to buy all of those with fight money

hmmmm indeed

Skilletor

Overwatch has some of my favorite character designs ever in a game. I have never played an FPS before, but I'm picking this up day 1. Having tons of fun just fighting bots.

Those ninja! And Tracer <3. I bet it looks gorgeous on PC.

one game is 40$ at launch because they didn't have any SP content, the other was like that but launched for 60$

and the 40$ game is getting free heroes and maps, in the 60$ game you will need to buy all of those with fight money

hmmmm indeed

Why are we comparing an FPS to a fighting game again? I mean, bar the SP content, which is coming in free updates, you could say the same thing about new content for literally every other fighter on the market. Except that SF5 does let you buy characters through playing.

Also, I'm paying 60 bucks for Overwatch.

Mr. X

I hate FPS but Overwatch art direction and character design is really cool (reminds me of fighting game characters tbh) so I tried it out. It also has super meter! It's fun even if I suck at shootan games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom