• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whales

Banned
Why are we comparing an FPS to a fighting game again? I mean, bar the SP content, which is coming in free updates, you could say the same thing about new content for literally every other fighter on the market. Except that SF5 does let you buy characters through playing.

Also, I'm paying 60 bucks for Overwatch.

its not really comparing an FPS to a fighter but more like comparing business models.

also im not the one who started the overwatch vs sf comparison thing :p

the fact that its 60 on console is BS tho. they'll probably release a vanilla edition without all the useless crap for 40 or 50 bucks (well,they should)

also, pharah is bae

sfv so forgotten we talk abt overwatch now

kasane

Man im seriously uninstalling i cant take it anymore lmao

Match making is still wack and i keep getting matched with people with way higher points but they lose to me and rage quit

Come on now 😂

Mediking

Man im seriously uninstalling i cant take it anymore lmao

Match making is still wack and i keep getting matched with people with way higher points but they lose to me and rage quit

Come on now 😂

Battle Lounge, Casual, playing with friends is so much better than Ranked.

HiResDes

Another reason why I moved on from Cammy. Playing against a really good Ken as Cammy is futile.

I disagree entirely with this and have done well against GOld Ken's as an Ultra Bronze Cammy. I'm simply not good, but Ken's have to take a shit ton of risks when they get in close and don't have many safe options once you close the distance so I definitely think they lose in close range.

Nash is a far worse matchup for Cammy. Chun-Li is a worse matchup for Cammy. I also have a tough time against R.Mika (but that's probably like a 6/4 matchup). I think Cammy Ken is close to 5/5 in my estimation. Ken only dominates the midrange.

qcf x2

I disagree entirely with this and have done well against GOld Ken's as an Ultra Bronze Cammy. I'm simply not good, but Ken's have to take a shit ton of risks when they get in close and don't have many safe options once you close the distance so I definitely think they lose in close range.

Nash is a far worse matchup for Cammy. Chun-Li is a worse matchup for Cammy. I also have a tough time against R.Mika (but that's probably like a 6/4 matchup). I think Cammy Ken is close to 5/5 in my estimation. Ken only dominates the midrange.

What risks? Cr mp fishing? jab fishing to confirm into hp shoryuken? All they really have to do is block low, his anti air game bodies her so you can't get a jump in to force a high block. Any character with an overhead is going to give Cammy a hard time simply because even little damage matters more when your health is 900 to start.

If you're playing a flowchart or dash happy Ken then yeah sure it's extra easy no matter what character you're using or what the opponent's rank is.

On the contrary, I think Cammy fares pretty well against Chun Li, Nash and Mika. I don't think she's bad or anything, I just think she has one really bad matchup.

Matchup is fine. Cammy is just as good as Ken up close. They both have great buttons for frame traps and a great shimmy game, and Cammy has a 3f jab unlike Ken. Midrange Cammy wins, she has much better pokes compared to Ken.

Watch redbull kumite for some good Cammy vs Ken. Kazunoko won convincingly vs BigBird and Momochi, who are 2 of the best Kens.

I missed that tournament but I'll check it out. I've been exploring this specific matchup for about a month now, seeking out Ken players so I could try different things but when I win against a good Ken I feel like I had to work 3x as hard for it. Part of it is it feels like he has a goofy hurtbox. I haven't checked so it might be my imagination but he seems very slippery. The other part is the result of me testing buttons at close and mid range and losing that battle.

ohkay

Ive had problems against Nash and Chun Li (and brick wall Ryus) but I think that's because they can be very defensive characters, and Cammy needs to get in to do anything, which means taking more risks they can punish

I managed to get 10/10 trials complete for everyone except Guile and Bison. Those pricks have got some annoying trials to complete. It surprised me that the four new characters were so easy to complete because the only one that makes sense to me is Laura. I don't think I'll ever be able to finish all of Guile's trials.

Zackat

Overwatch has some of my favorite character designs ever in a game. I have never played an FPS before, but I'm picking this up day 1. Having tons of fun just fighting bots.

Those ninja! And Tracer <3. I bet it looks gorgeous on PC.

One day Blizzard will make a fighting game and blow our minds. The character designs and skins will be off the charts. And though it does look better on PC, that's where I play, I have also played on PS4. It looks damn good on the console when you are playing. The menu's and home screen aren't quite as vivid though.

Still suck at Guile, can't do charge combos for my life. Is there a combo trainer helper out for PC yet like there was for USFIV? I just fail at timing some of these things.

One of the characters in overwatch looks like Ryu Hayabusa and Sam Gideon hybrid. If I played the game I would main that character lol.

I managed to get 10/10 trials complete for everyone except Guile and Bison. Those pricks have got some annoying trials to complete. It surprised me that the four new characters were so easy to complete because the only one that makes sense to me is Laura. I don't think I'll ever be able to finish all of Guile's trials.

Which trials of his are you struggling on?

I've done all of them except Karin. The perfect tenkos are too hard for me on pad.

Which trials of his are you struggling on?
Trials 7, 9 and 10 (both characters for this last one). I fully completed 12 trials today, so I was too tired to bother with Guile's 10th trial. That one actually seems very doable. It shouldn't be a problem. Bison's final trial is some 1/2 frame bullshit that shouldn't even be that strict.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";202809757]I've done all of them except Karin. The perfect tenkos are too hard for me on pad.[/QUOTE]
I just kept mashing it until I got it. Not a big fan of these combos with super tight windows.

GrayFoxPL

Played bit of Guile, he's nice. I have trouble comboing cr LP into HP Sonic Boom. I can't get the timing down for shit. Weird.

Other then that I ended up on sweet 8 Win streak in ranked by playing simple SF2 Guile. Hilarious how can you make people jump at Guile. Billion Flash Kicks.

Feels good man.

U45zpxY.gif

One of the characters in overwatch looks like Ryu Hayabusa and Sam Gideon hybrid. If I played the game I would main that character lol.

Genji is a speed character that double jumps, spams shurikens, and waits til his ultimate is charged so he can run around and kill everyone with melee strikes.

Trials 7, 9 and 10 (both characters for this last one). I fully completed 12 trials today, so I was too tired to bother with Guile's 10th trial. That one actually seems very doable. It shouldn't be a problem. Bison's final trial is some 1/2 frame bullshit that shouldn't even be that strict.

I just kept mashing it until I got it. Not a big fan of these combos with super tight windows.

1/2 frame? The timing on it is very lenient. After you input scissor kick you can essentially mash CA and it will come out

1/2 frame? The timing on it is very lenient. After you input scissor kick you can essentially mash CA and it will come out
Ah, I meant his ninth trial that ends in EX head press. The tenth trial wasn't even that hard. The timing for that EX head press is brutal (and I know there are is no such thing as a 1/2 frame window).

Skilletor

Ah, I meant his ninth trial that ends in EX head press. The tenth trial wasn't even that hard. The timing for that EX head press is brutal (and I know there are is no such thing as a 1/2 frame window).

Why was that part hard?

You know you don't have to charge that move in vtrig, right?

Skilletor

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah?

V-Trigger and V-Skills are the exact reasons why fighting games should ship with character specific tutorials, Capcpom.

Does his character tutorial thing not explain it?

But yes, you have to charge the first move, but you don't have to charge any successive moves.

Wallach

Does his character tutorial thing not explain it?

But yes, you have to charge the first move, but you don't have to charge any successive moves.

I haven't done any tutorials so I don't know as this applies to any of his trials, but in Bison's V-Trigger you can also cancel any special from any cancelable normal without charge. So you can freely move forward and cancel out of any button, besides also canceling out of any special into another special.

Man, SFV is a lot more fun now that nobody is ragequitting. Just went from 2000 to 2700 points in once sitting so far.

Just lost my 10 win streak to a Mika, though :-(

Mediking

I have a friend who is an amazing Ken player and he beats my Cammy everytime. But MY Karin? That's a different story.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah?

V-Trigger and V-Skills are the exact reasons why fighting games should ship with character specific tutorials, Capcpom.

Yeah you just would do the motion for the moves so just input the back, forward and down, up as regular motions. There are also tutorials for the characters that have been in place since the Alex patch I believe.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";202819371]Maybe I should loosen up my fight request settings. I've gotten paired against the same dude three times in a row now.[/QUOTE]

Might be a mistake. I'd take rematches before laggy matches any day lol.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";202815087]Man, SFV is a lot more fun now that nobody is ragequitting. Just went from 2000 to 2700 points in once sitting so far.

Just lost my 10 win streak to a Mika, though :-([/QUOTE]

I had three separate people rage quit on me in casuals the other day...

The Hermit

so I decided to unrust my crappy, ultra bronze Vega in ranked and was matched with a Gold Rashid...

I won 170 point :D

It was like a welcome back gift!

What happens if someone ragequits now?

The timing to combo just frame tenko just seems so weird. Getting it outside of a combo is easy as hell but the moment you cancel in to it its suddenly infinitely harder.

The funny thing is that if you do her punch variant instead of the shoulder one it connects almost every time.

Xeteh

What are some basic combos for Bison, Birdie and FANG that I could use to beat Normal survival with them? They're the last I have left to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom