• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Brett

It's Friday Night, let's organize a fight night! It's barren on this Friday NIGHT so if anyone decides they want some sets I'll be chilling in this thread for a while.

Palom

I keep getting people in casual matches that go for a rematch, and then rage quit when I win again. I'm not going to begrudge anyone for not wanting a rematch, and I always let the loser decide, but why would you want a rematch if you're just going to rage quit?!

FluxWaveZ

No one told me footsies didn't consist of randomly dancing back and forth to bait out an opponent's attack, but actually constantly repositioning yourself to be outside of the range of any opponent's normals. I'm so much better now.

mbpm1

No one told me footsies didn't consist of randomly dancing back and forth to bait out an opponent's attack, but actually constantly repositioning yourself to be outside of the range of any opponent's normals. I'm so much better now.

I thought that was the first step of footsies though.

"I don't want to get hit, so I'll constantly step outside of range and do nothing and jump back and fireball"

Interesting how you learned it second

FluxWaveZ

I thought that was the first step of footsies though.

"I don't want to get hit, so I'll constantly step outside of range and do nothing and jump back and fireball"

Interesting how you learned it second

I never play characters with any real projectiles or fireballs in any fighting game, so maybe that's why my fundamental understanding was out of whack.

Oh geez that's long. Thanks, guess I'll listen so I can actually understand how this stuff works.

i forgot how annoying vega could be. one guy was good but a lil laggy, prob would have lost anyway even without lag. the other one was just running from everything. had the clock twice at 30 sec but that didn't help him. had trouble catching him with guile and even when i did, it wasn't a big damage opportunity. guy wasn't that good so there was no real danger, just very annoying. playing them back to back burned me out.

BadWolf

Fought my first Mika mirror in a couple of days and the moment I saw him I decided I wouldn't rematch whether win or lose (hate mirrors).

I won but he hit the rematch quit button faster than I did lol.

That's some high level trolling right there.

I need to take a bath after seeing that.

tumblr_o5sbuissiK1txam4mo1_400.gif

JAB PRESSURE

Big Brett

Was really enjoying a set I was playing with this Gold Guile. Wanted to see if I could find his PSN or Steam. Found two separate videos of him rage quitting against two separate people. Dammit :(

Astrael

I really need to quit thinking I'm going to lose as soon as I go into a higher-skilled match in lobbies or whatever. I end up playing way too passively and watching for the moves that blow everyone up, which gets me nowhere (and my opponent starts thinking I don't know how to play so they just resort to being scrubby). Just haven't figured out how to get past my nerves in fighting good people and doing my own thing in this game.

Gonna be online practicing my Karin for a bit if anyone wants to play, ID: Astrael

BadWolf

I really need to quit thinking I'm going to lose as soon as I go into a higher-skilled match in lobbies or whatever. I end up playing way too passively and watching for the moves that blow everyone up, which gets me nowhere (and my opponent starts thinking I don't know how to play so they just resort to being scrubby). Just haven't figured out how to get past my nerves in fighting good people and doing my own thing in this game.

Gonna be online practicing my Karin for a bit if anyone wants to play, ID: Astrael

Play casual/ranked and just look in the other direction while the loading screen is up so you can't see the other player's rank/bp.

Edgeward

You'll be surprised how many high ranking people are not that good and probably got the points by going abare and overwhelming opponents. And the gimmicks.

Astrael

Thanks for the encouragement and advice everyone, you guys are awesome. Going to see if I can actually rank up from super bronze tonight, been giving some ultra silvers a run for their money that's for sure lol. At least I finally learned to stop pressing buttons on obvious setups so much. Still up for running a set if anyone is doing a lobby though!

What are some basic combos for Bison, Birdie and FANG that I could use to beat Normal survival with them? They're the last I have left to do.

Birdie is I think, j.mp (crossup)xx st.mp xx qcf+mp

Bison is the easiest to cheese survival with, I did hard with him in like the first week. It's simple.
You just do the head stomp move, and afterwards move forward and in the last second, move back and hit them with the follow up. They'll anti-air in the wrong direction, and you get a free hit. Follow that up with cr.mp xx qcb.mp

FANG's BnB is st.hk xx cr.mp xx light sotoja/light ryobenda

Though against Birdie and Zangief, you literally need to just be throwing the fireballs. THat's all i did against them and even got a perfect in round 46 because of it.
Built a new PC. Any tiny chance one can transfer a PS4 CFN account over?

NOPE. It sucks.

I just played a Mika named Pedro V. He gave me the runback and once I realized that all he could do was jump in and stopped it he wouldn't let me return the favor. At least finish the set.

He looked like a frog in that game and getting anti aired over and over. He wanted that jump in/cross up throw in the corner sooooo bad and he tried to mix his jumps up with the body drop move but I stuffed that too.

Feels good.

El Sloth

Banned
I wish Fuudo played his Mika against everybody the way he played it against Art's sim. He seems too careful a lot of the time.

Was pleased to see him go in so raw

Xeteh

Birdie is I think, j.mp (crossup)xx st.mp xx qcf+mp

Bison is the easiest to cheese survival with, I did hard with him in like the first week. It's simple.
You just do the head stomp move, and afterwards move forward and in the last second, move back and hit them with the follow up. They'll anti-air in the wrong direction, and you get a free hit. Follow that up with cr.mp xx qcb.mp

FANG's BnB is st.hk xx cr.mp xx light sotoja/light ryobenda

Though against Birdie and Zangief, you literally need to just be throwing the fireballs. THat's all i did against them and even got a perfect in round 46 because of it.

NOPE. It sucks.

Hah, beat it earlier with Birdie doing that pretty much. I tried just crossing up with FANG's jf.hk over and over but they got bored of that pretty fast. Thanks for the advice!

Edgeward

Anyone up for some games?

CFN: HanksB

Good games, man. Really close set. I am not sure what happened the first two games because you didn't play that badly ever again so sorry if it was lag. Learned a lot of things in the matchup and tried out some stuff that is useful later so it was a great experience. Now I need to decompress lol my fingers are tingling.

Edgeward

I only find remote play useful for methodical games, adventure games or rpg/turn based stuff.

Even for Last of Us it's not good enough. It's fine but action sequences leave you at a handicap.

GGs Edgeward. I need to get more familiar with Vega's buttons. Wasn't quite sure what was safe and wasn't. Fun set though, and it stayed kinda even till the last few matches. I fell apart a bit around the end lol

I am not sure what happened the first two games because you didn't play that badly ever again so sorry if it was lag.

Nah, connection was fine. I'd chalk it up to lack of experience against Vega I guess. I eally don't see many in ranked or casual.

Edgeward

The biggest thing I would say it knowing the timing of when to punish Vega's rolling attack. Non-ex versions are at least -6 even for the lk version but the you have to attack right after the last hit is blocked.

And I think more so than knowing the safe/unsafe, cause most of his normals are + is knowing the hurtboxes with claw on. You will be surprised how much leeway you are given to whiff punish..

Nah, connection was fine. I'd chalk it up to lack of experience against Vega I guess. I eally don't see many in ranked or casual.

Well it's a lot of work and he is probably the worst off once put in the corner so I am not surprised. Plus the fact he has stances probably scares people away but he isn't as complicated as other stance users like Gen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom