• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarna

SFV didn't fail because it didn't cater to casuals and single-player content, it failed because it got the online components, features, and systems all wrong. This is a MP game but only has the bare minimum in that regard. Chatting doesn't even exist in any meaningful form and netcode can be buggy. Compared to actual popular e-sports titles, SF is lacking.

qcf x2

I felt like braving the waters of ranked, and of course my first match was against a Rashid, which is a matchup I never get to experience so I'm not even mad I lost 2/3.

But then I beat a Necalli with a couple thousand more LP than me so I'm ready to get them points back. But you already know what happened. I'm about to take another 2 month hiatus from ranked. Entire waste of time when somebody RQs.

Ame

I wish there were more people playing. At bronze I keep getting silver matchups. Stupid.

Ever since the Guile patch it's been even worse. Pre-patch I didn't play much ranked, since I was waiting for the rage quit fix and hoping matching making wouldn't be as borked, so I've been hanging around Super Bronze for a long while. I thought it was bad then. All the game keeps matching me up with 80% of the time is Super/Ultra Silvers and sprinkles in a Gold player every now and then. What's the point of having leagues if this is how it works?

I've managed to hold my own against most of the silver players, even when I lose, but haven't won once against any golds.

Mediking

I felt like braving the waters of ranked, and of course my first match was against a Rashid, which is a matchup I never get to experience so I'm not even mad I lost 2/3.

But then I beat a Necalli with a couple thousand more LP than me so I'm ready to get them points back. But you already know what happened. I'm about to take another 2 month hiatus from ranked. Entire waste of time when somebody RQs.

Wow... You have a really nice Cammy. I mean, DANG. Your Cammy is GOOD. You're prolly the most offensive Cammy I've ever seen.

Ever since the Guile patch it's been even worse. Pre-patch I didn't play much ranked, since I was waiting for the rage quit fix and hoping matching making wouldn't be as borked, so I've been hanging around Super Bronze for a long while. I thought it was bad then. All the game keeps matching me up with 80% of the time is Super/Ultra Silvers and sprinkles in a Gold player every now and then. What's the point of having leagues if this is how it works?

I've managed to hold my own against most of the silver players, even when I lose, but haven't won once against any golds.

Thanks for reminding me to stay away from Ranked because of how cheap it is.

qcf x2

Wow... You have a really nice Cammy. I mean, DANG. Your Cammy is GOOD. You're prolly the most offensive Cammy I've ever seen.

Thanks for reminding me to stay away from Ranked because of how cheap it is.

Ha, thanks. I actually played semi-conservatively for me but he made me look good there. In round one as soon as he did the first uppercut I knew I could bait that out. If I blocked I would eat a throw but as Cammy that's the best kind of damage to take. In round 2 he missed a chance to hit me with super which told me he wasn't very good and I could probably come back without sweating too much. The short strike into super was a buffer, and I knew from round one that he liked to press the wrong buttons with Necalli (not enough jabs). So once his kick started I pressed the button and saw dollar signs... until the 40002.

Endo Punk

How is it possible to be a rookie, play like a rookie but have a lvl 37 character?

Finding it really hard to main a second character, after a few losses I always run back to my comfort zone in Bison's embrace. Thought I liked Rashid but too button tappy for my liking with his spinning attacks. Got any recommendations? My playstyle is basically baiting opponents and turtling.

Mediking

Ha, thanks. I actually played semi-conservatively for me but he made me look good there. In round one as soon as he did the first uppercut I knew I could bait that out. If I blocked I would eat a throw but as Cammy that's the best kind of damage to take. In round 2 he missed a chance to hit me with super which told me he wasn't very good and I could probably come back without sweating too much. The short strike into super was a buffer, and I knew from round one that he liked to press the wrong buttons with Necalli (not enough jabs). So once his kick started I pressed the button and saw dollar signs... until the 40002.

You're incredibly humble for being an amazing Cammy main. Like... you put this video out.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LhyuxGO-e0

I wish I had the raw sills for hard and extreme. Sigh, never getting those colors.

Guess I need to play more because my Bison is only 24, do you get a color at 30?

Don't feel bad. Survival is cheap and horribly made. I have yet to meet a person who actually plays SFV and likes that mode. Hopefully Capcom will put Continues into the game and adjust A.I.

KingBroly

Banned
If you're playing on PC and decide to cheat Survival, no one will blame you. It's a broken mode and deserves to be cheesed/cheated because of how poor it is and how enthused they are about it when discussing it in public.

If you're playing on PC and decide to cheat Survival, no one will blame you. It's a broken mode and deserves to be cheesed/cheated because of how poor it is and how enthused they are about it when discussing it in public.
Well it's that in addition to it being the only single player content with any challenge (and it's a very arbitrary challenge that spikes up mid way through). Story mode has no difficulty setting and is 3 rounds total for reach character. Such a joke as well.. A classic arcade mode where you fight these 3 story related characters, and then fight 5-6 other characters with full matches (2 rounds), and a boss would have felt more repayable (oh and difficulty settings)...

RK9039

Just made a platinum Alex player rage quit, wtf is wrong with people in this game? lmao.

I only won the first round...

KingBroly

Banned
Well it's that in addition to it being the only single player content with any challenge (and it's a very arbitrary challenge that spikes up mid way through). Story mode has no difficulty setting and is 3 rounds total for reach character. Such a joke as well.. A classic arcade mode where you fight these 3 story related characters, and then fight 5-6 other characters with full matches (2 rounds), and a boss would have felt more repayable (oh and difficulty settings)...

Yeah, I don't understand how Story Mode isn't 6-8 fights per character with a couple of pre-set ones with round and difficulty setups. Infinite Time, Full Trigger and Bar against Easy AI just isn't interesting and misses the point of a Story Mode.

Ran into 4 quitters I think. But only two stood out to me. 1st guy was a Karin player with a 99 game win streak and 9800 points. We play and seem evenly matched. I land a hit confirm into Super to win the game and he disconnects on me. 2nd guy was a Ryu player that had already beaten me 2-0 earlier. He wins the first game but I take the 2nd and was about to take the 3rd because I had him dizzied with very little life. But then he disconnects. At least he let me have one.

Ran into 4 quitters I think. But only two stood out to me. 1st guy was a Karin player with a 99 game win streak and 9800 points. We play and seem evenly matched. I land a hit confirm into Super to win the game and he disconnects on me. 2nd guy was a Ryu player that had already beaten me 2-0 earlier. He wins the first game but I take the 2nd and was about to take the 3rd because I had him dizzied with very little life. But then he disconnects. At least he let me have one.

Back when I was primarily playing ranked games, I ran into a higher level (than me) Mika who had a 33 win streak. I couldn't even concentrate on the match because I was anticipating the RQ. After realizing that they were not skilled enough to have a 33 win streak, I lost all motivation to play this person and pretty much threw away the match.

I hate how ass Guile's s.bHP is at anti-airing. I still use it by accident because it looks like it will at least trade, but I get bopped 70 percent of the time, and it trades 20 percent of the time...

As far as I know you just have to charge the first one, the EX headstop is just updown, no charge required.
Does his character tutorial thing not explain it?

But yes, you have to charge the first move, but you don't have to charge any successive moves.
Yeah you just would do the motion for the moves so just input the back, forward and down, up as regular motions. There are also tutorials for the characters that have been in place since the Alex patch I believe.
Thanks for the advice. I was able to clear Bison's 9th trial last night because of it. I also managed to complete Guile's trials thanks to Ferrio's advice last night on the discord chat as well. I'm glad I'm done with easy/normal survival, the tutorial, story mode and the challenges.
i forgot how annoying vega could be. one guy was good but a lil laggy, prob would have lost anyway even without lag. the other one was just running from everything. had the clock twice at 30 sec but that didn't help him. had trouble catching him with guile and even when i did, it wasn't a big damage opportunity. guy wasn't that good so there was no real danger, just very annoying. playing them back to back burned me out.
I've dealt with similar Vegas. They piss me the hell off.
I think Vulva ran into that Karin. He/She was mentioned in the discord chat.

Grifter

For PC guys, a friend gave me 3 GTX 580s and says he was running new games near max settings on them recently, but I was only able to run SF5 at medium. Does that sound right for this game?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I hate how ass Guile's s.bHP is at anti-airing. I still use it by accident because it looks like it will at least trade, but I get bopped 70 percent of the time, and it trades 20 percent of the time...

SFV. Where jab anti airs not only stuff everything but give you a fee mixup but slow heavy buttons trade at least half the time when they don't get flat out beaten.

For PC guys, a friend gave me 3 GTX 580s and says he was running new games near max settings on them recently, but I was only able to run SF5 at medium. Does that sound right for this game?

I have a 660ti running on an i7 with 16 gigs of ram and the game runs at a full 60fps and looks better than the PS4. I haven't touched the settings at all though. I can't imagine the game looking any better than it does on my system.

When I get home I'll set it to max if it isn't already and let you know what happens.

I have a 580 and I use a mix of high and medium settings, so yeah sounds about right.

SephLuis

Let me in the lobby pls. CFN: Jo_Jo_X

I cant send you an invite because the system cant find IDs with special characters -_-

Are you on PC or PSN ? If it's PSN, I think I can try via PSN. If it's not, create a room and call us.

My ID is SephLuis

Edgeward

I cant send you an invite because the system cant find IDs with special characters -_-

Are you on PC or PSN ? If it's PSN, I think I can try via PSN. If it's not, create a room and call us.

My ID is SephLuis

Put them on your friends/rivals list first. It's the workaround

SephLuis

GGs, Gigas. It's already late here, so I got to go for today.

I tried using more footsies in the last few sets to see you improve the use of your normals.

Guile, to me at least, has great normals that allow him to controls pretty well the spacing between him and the opponent. In the first matches with Chun, I baited a lot of your normals and punished them with b+hp (the palm attack). With Karin, there were times where you had better control of the spacing, and thus, controlled the match.

I would recommend go to training and practice those normals and a few simple combos. If it hits, you can use a BnB. Kinda like what I do with Karin and her shoulder attack.

Seph, good games! Well, on your part. Thx for the ass whipping, I felt my Guile at least got better against Karin towards the end at least. Connection was generally solid, some slight teleporting here and there and that's it.

That's good to hear. I will add you later on CFN, so give a call whenever you want to play.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
GGs, Gigas. It's already late here, so I got to go for today.

I tried using more footsies in the last few sets to see you improve the use of your normals.

Guile, to me at least, has great normals that allow him to controls pretty well the spacing between him and the opponent. In the first matches with Chun, I baited a lot of your normals and punished them with b+hp (the palm attack). With Karin, there were times where you had better control of the spacing, and thus, controlled the match.

I would recommend go to training and practice those normals and a few simple combos. If it hits, you can use a BnB. Kinda like what I do with Karin and her shoulder attack.

That's good to hear. I will add you later on CFN, so give a call whenever you want to play.

Word. Thx for the advice.

Grifter

I have a 660ti running on an i7 with 16 gigs of ram and the game runs at a full 60fps and looks better than the PS4. I haven't touched the settings at all though. I can't imagine the game looking any better than it does on my system.

When I get home I'll set it to max if it isn't already and let you know what happens.
Cool! If you haven't touched them, you've probably defaulted to medium. I can't imagine not playing with the settings on PC! Losing time to tweak is why I went console-only until today.

I have a 580 and I use a mix of high and medium settings, so yeah sounds about right.
Matches up then. Maybe I should've mentioned I'm on medium at 2560x1440.

Cool! If you haven't touched them, you've probably defaulted to medium. I can't imagine not playing with the settings on PC! Losing time to tweak is why I went console-only until today.
Ok, so I just set everything to max and the lighting is softer, what little aliasing there was is not there anymore (funny I didn't notice it before comparing the two) and there is now a motion blur effect activated.

The game still runs at full 60fps or higher. I guess I'll be playing at max settings from now on.

Edit: Waterfall stage runs in slow motion. Switching back to medium.

Edit 2: It turns out that high settings are fine in the waterfall stage, so I'll stick with that. Only the right side of the stage slows down in max settings though.

I'm just watched Momochi's beat Dakou. Dakou was playing Karin and was doing ressenha in V Trigger and back dashed and Momochi punished by doing a reversal Super I think. The announcers are going nuts because they thought that was a crazy read. But was it a read? Shouldn't Super punish no matter what in that situation? Either you keep the ressenha going and it gets punished or you back away and the super catches you, right?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Ok, so I just set everything to max and the lighting is softer, what little aliasing there was is not there anymore (funny I didn't notice it before comparing the two) and there is now a motion blur effect activated.

The game still runs at full 60fps or higher. I guess I'll be playing at max settings from now on.

Try everything Max but AA on Medium. And then go into the .ini file and tweak Post Process settings--try lowering only the motion blur on Max settings

Csr

SFV didn't fail because it didn't cater to casuals and single-player content, it failed because it got the online components, features, and systems all wrong. This is a MP game but only has the bare minimum in that regard. Chatting doesn't even exist in any meaningful form and netcode can be buggy. Compared to actual popular e-sports titles, SF is lacking.

I agree, a lot of people focus only on the sp stuff when they talk about sfv selling so badly when even the mp stuff is also very lacking for a 60$ multiplayer focused game.

I wonder if they intend to improve the social features, at least they fixed the favorities list showing the status of the player but it needs a lot of work to get to the level of other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom