• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicmj1

I agree, a lot of people focus only on the sp stuff when they talk about sfv selling so badly when even the mp stuff is also very lacking for a 60$ multiplayer focused game.

I wonder if they intend to improve the social features, at least they fixed the favorities list showing the status of the player but it needs a lot of work to get to the level of other games.

It kinds of blows my mind that all the stat-tracking features and offense/defense/technique stuff they built into the fighter profiles are still completely non-functional.

Xeteh

I apologize in advance, I asked this a couple days ago but the only reply I got was Bafael's videos (not that its a bad answer) but...

If I wanted to try to learn Necalli does anyone have any advice?

sfv crash live

You're doing a hero's work, bringing the ring girls to light each time its on.

Csr

It kinds of blows my mind that all the stat-tracking features and offense/defense/technique stuff they built into the fighter profiles are still completely non-functional.

I am still waiting for the battle lounge search to work properly, i have barely used it because of this.
The thing that i find most surprising is the shop not being ready and not even knowing when it will be ready. They cant even make money of the existing playerbase on a game that was supposed to focus on dlc and the playerbase is getting smaller and smaller.

Femto.

Is 10007 error code a server side issue? Was playing a casual match, connection was good, and I lost connection to the server during a grab lol

I apologize in advance, I asked this a couple days ago but the only reply I got was Bafael's videos (not that its a bad answer) but...

If I wanted to try to learn Necalli does anyone have any advice?

Like just general advice? Whiff punish with st.MK is really good. And on hit you can confirm into cr.MP LP disc or v trigger activation.
Since you watched the bafael video you probably already know his punish combos and stuff.
Anti air with jab and dash in/walk forward after the air reset for a mixup opportunity otherwise you anti air with his HP DP.
Necalli's normals are kinda stubby but v skill does give you a fullscreen option so use it when you need to.
You don't really want to get predictable with canceling into stomp with blockstrings because other than HK which is 0 they are all negative on block. Just go for frametraps and throw/command grab mixups instead of always canceling into stomp in blockstrings.

His overhead is really good and builds a bar of v meter on crush counter.

Generally you want to activate v trigger as soon as you can for the advantages it gives you, but be mindful that it means you won't be able to v reversal for the rest of the round. Activating off of certain normals leads to frame advantage as well, like cr.MK on block xx v trigger activation is +, so you get a mixup opportunity after it.

The type of meaty you'd want to use varies on the different knockdowns he gets. But one thing I see necallis do online alot is just a manually timed st.HK meaty. st.HK is -4 on block if it isn't done meaty enough so that's kinda risky without a real setup, I wouldn't do that. I dont main necalli so I don't really know all of his meaty setups, but check out this guys videos if you want to learn some https://www.youtube.com/user/Bri4nF/videos

If you have any speciflc questions feel free to ask. I had a weird some issues when starting out with him because I felt like his optimal range in alot of matchups was a way closer range than what i'm used to lol. But he's a pretty fun character, lots of options.

Hey guys, I’ll be on SFV hiatus for a little while. Hit me up for invites if you want to do sets, but you probably won’t see me logged in a few weeks.

Platinum’ng Ratchet, finishing Uncharted collection and then the big one Uncharted 4 comes out on Tuesday, so this is first official break for SF after a gazillion hours. But if GAF is doing sessions or if anyone wants Ken match-up practice just send me the invite even if I’m not playing, I’ll usually come!

Peace and long life brothers.

OmniCloud
ElisJah

SFV didn't fail because it didn't cater to casuals and single-player content, it failed because it got the online components, features, and systems all wrong. This is a MP game but only has the bare minimum in that regard. Chatting doesn't even exist in any meaningful form and netcode can be buggy. Compared to actual popular e-sports titles, SF is lacking.

Bollocks, MK did great and that online sucked ass.

They're kind of aimed at different markets though. MK has mass appeal, SF doesn't anymore. I really don't think having a decent single player would've improved sales in any meaningful way.

Only reason MK got mass appeal is because they started putting real effort into single player content. That is when the numbers exploded.

Quesa

Only reason MK got mass appeal is because they started putting real effort into single player content. That is when the numbers exploded.

They've been putting effort into the single-player for over a decade. Deadly Alliance, Deception, and Armageddon all had expansive SP stuff. MK9 calling back to "classic" MK by being 2D and being a reboot is what put it in the spotlight again. SF can't really do that, I think.

qcf x2

Who is SorryBillGates on CFN? Best Laura I've seen yet, he wiped the floor with me in our sets. I think it was like 10-1.

Big Brett

Who is SorryBillGates on CFN? Best Laura I've seen yet, he wiped the floor with me in our sets. I think it was like 10-1.

Dude that's so funny I just got absolutely mopped by him. I'm usually feeling pretty OK with playing good players but he fucking destroyed me and I'm still salty lol. I'm actually uploading the matches to watch them back.

qcf x2

Dude that's so funny I just got absolutely mopped by him. I'm usually feeling pretty OK with playing good players but he fucking destroyed me and I'm still salty lol. I'm actually uploading the matches to watch them back.

That's a good idea, wish I would've recorded straight from PSN to get a few of the sets in at the same time, but now if I wanna record I'll have to go through the replays 1 by 1 because Capcom doesn't let me queue them up to avoid having to go through the UI again. I may still do it. Def seems like it's a low profile account. I've faced really good players and still felt like I could win but this guy was a brick wall.

Big Brett

That's a good idea, wish I would've recorded straight from PSN to get a few of the sets in at the same time, but now if I wanna record I'll have to go through the replays 1 by 1 because Capcom doesn't let me queue them up to avoid having to go through the UI again. I may still do it. Def seems like it's a low profile account. I've faced really good players and still felt like I could win but this guy was a brick wall.

For sure. I'd recommend just hitting that share button after you have a match you think you could learn from, trim it down, then watch later. I'm keeping a sort of diary on my blog of trying to get better at Street Fighter, and someone recommended videos so people can give some advice. In turn, I've found watching them very helpful.

And for good measure, here it is, uploaded a minute ago (so you know i'm not bullshitting you haha.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc6t-HFlgT0

I just RQed a Mika...
She trashed me and the game disconnects a second after I lose. This is the second time this has happened and I know they are gonna think I RQed them. They are on PC so I cannot message them and tell them what happened. They probably wouldn't believe me anyway. I know I wouldn't.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Man. Laura players just DESTROY me. I am not good by GAF standards but I am worse against her than any character. Just no idea how/what to punish against her. I don't have any real experience against her but still, her timing/rythm just mess me all up.

Xeteh

Like just general advice? Whiff punish with st.MK is really good. And on hit you can confirm into cr.MP LP disc or v trigger activation.
Since you watched the bafael video you probably already know his punish combos and stuff.
Anti air with jab and dash in/walk forward after the air reset for a mixup opportunity otherwise you anti air with his HP DP.
Necalli's normals are kinda stubby but v skill does give you a fullscreen option so use it when you need to.
You don't really want to get predictable with canceling into stomp with blockstrings because other than HK which is 0 they are all negative on block. Just go for frametraps and throw/command grab mixups instead of always canceling into stomp in blockstrings.

His overhead is really good and builds a bar of v meter on crush counter.

Generally you want to activate v trigger as soon as you can for the advantages it gives you, but be mindful that it means you won't be able to v reversal for the rest of the round. Activating off of certain normals leads to frame advantage as well, like cr.MK on block xx v trigger activation is +, so you get a mixup opportunity after it.

The type of meaty you'd want to use varies on the different knockdowns he gets. But one thing I see necallis do online alot is just a manually timed st.HK meaty. st.HK is -4 on block if it isn't done meaty enough so that's kinda risky without a real setup, I wouldn't do that. I dont main necalli so I don't really know all of his meaty setups, but check out this guys videos if you want to learn some https://www.youtube.com/user/Bri4nF/videos

If you have any speciflc questions feel free to ask. I had a weird some issues when starting out with him because I felt like his optimal range in alot of matchups was a way closer range than what i'm used to lol. But he's a pretty fun character, lots of options.

Holy crap, thanks a ton for all of that. I really appreciate it.

Xeteh

Do you need another hug?!

Edit: Oops, double post. MY BAD.

Xeteh

We're all very disappointed in you!!! :p

So you're thinking of switching to Necalli eh? He's kind of a similar style to Cammy. I'm switching to Karin sort of and it's rough Q_Q

I thought about Karin, I really like her playstyle but like I said a few pages back, I don't feel like switching from Cammy who has 900/900 HP/stun and easy inputs to Karin who has the same HP/stun and harder inputs will help me out much.

Necalli seems fun and he's a beefier character while still having some great speed and damage. Idk if it'll work out for me but yeah, gonna give it a shot.

Big Brett

I thought about Karin, I really like her playstyle but like I said a few pages back, I don't feel like switching from Cammy who has 900/900 HP/stun and easy inputs to Karin who has the same HP/stun and harder inputs will help me out much.

Necalli seems fun and he's a beefier character while still having some great speed and damage. Idk if it'll work out for me but yeah, gonna give it a shot.

Switching characters sort of reinvigorates my love for the game because it's always a totally different experience when you're learning a new character. You get to see the game in a new light. Good luck with it man! It'll be a struggle but you'll get through it. We should run some sets soon once you're ready (and once I'm ready).

tumblr_nvffxpfjFw1usrgjso1_500.gif

Grifter

Ok, so I just set everything to max and the lighting is softer, what little aliasing there was is not there anymore (funny I didn't notice it before comparing the two) and there is now a motion blur effect activated.

The game still runs at full 60fps or higher. I guess I'll be playing at max settings from now on.

Edit: Waterfall stage runs in slow motion. Switching back to medium.

Edit 2: It turns out that high settings are fine in the waterfall stage, so I'll stick with that. Only the right side of the stage slows down in max settings though.

I was using the waterfall stage to test. Maybe that's a particular outlier and I can run other stages clean. I'll check.

I'm just watched Momochi's beat Dakou. Dakou was playing Karin and was doing ressenha in V Trigger and back dashed and Momochi punished by doing a reversal Super I think. The announcers are going nuts because they thought that was a crazy read. But was it a read? Shouldn't Super punish no matter what in that situation? Either you keep the ressenha going and it gets punished or you back away and the super catches you, right?

I haven't tested the slide option vs specific super hitboxes but yeah, super beats everything there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom