• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

CD'S BAR

Besides story, challenge trials, and winning fights online, are there any other ways to earn FM? I got Birdie's and Laura's story costumes...wondering if it's feasible to buy them all at some point.

BadWolf

Besides story, challenge trials, and winning fights online, are there any other ways to earn FM? I got Birdie's and Laura's story costumes...wondering if it's feasible to buy them all at some point.

Losing online matches also earns FM.

You can earn it via Survival too.

Xeteh

First time you beat survival on a certain difficulty with each character you get FM.

CD'S BAR

Cool, thanks. Has anyone in here been able to buy all of the alternate costumes yet?

I sat down and dug into this game for the first time last night. Man, the precision required to execute a lot of these combos is so different from a lot of other games. It's very difficult by comparison, but at the same time that makes it more fair and rewarding once you get it. Seems like there really aren't dial-a-combos and it's not easy to cheese.

Endo Punk

So in the slide that was shown at Paris Games week the next dlc character after Guile is boxer but the season pass has Ibuki after Guile. Man I hope its Ibuki.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
So in the slide that was shown at Paris Games week the next dlc character after Guile is boxer but the season pass has Ibuki after Guile. Man I hope its Ibuki.

To me it would make sense to break up the charge characters who are both from SF2 on top of that but we shall see. If it was up to me, Urien would have been first!

Endo Punk

To me it would make sense to break up the charge characters who are both from SF2 on top of that but we shall see. If it was up to me, Urien would have been first!

Urien is the one I want the most so I'm right there with ya, I really wanna see his design. Hope he has some part to play in the cinematic story next month.

Is the S&M outfit for Nash official? Is that supposed to be a tactical looking outfit?

street-fighter-v-nash-vs-birdie.jpg

4O2zwWK.png

LOL And why is he still rocking the spectacles? Bison takes off his hat for his alt (but still does his winning hat animation).

I've never seen a far sighted, gimp suit wearing assassin before. Hopefully Capcom is pumping out more and better costumes.

Also, I don't see this outfit in the store but I am watching the LTG vs Viscant rematch and LTG has the outfit. I thought you could only do mods on PC and he plays on PS4. This outfit must be official then, right?

Xeteh

Is the S&M outfit for Nash official? Is that supposed to be a tactical looking outfit?

LOL And why is he still rocking the spectacles? Bison takes off his hat for his alt (but still does his winning hat animation).

I've never seen a far sighted, gimp suit wearing assassin before. Hopefully Capcom is pumping out more and better costumes.

Also, I don't see this outfit in the store but I am watching the LTG VS Viscant rematch and LTG has the outfit. I thought you could only do mods on PC and he plays on PS4. This outfit must be official then, right?

Yeah, its his Battle Costume. It should be out whenever the zenny store launches.

The files for all the costumes are in the game, its how Garrett took those screenshots of all of them back when Alex released (iirc). It should be out whenever the Zenny store launches.

Someone on steam made screenshots of all costumes/colors for all characters (Minus Guile since he wasn't out yet). http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198191240939/images/?appid=310950

Endo Punk

That irks me enough to not bother with the story costume even though I really like the look. Wish the goatee outfit was available to purchase.

Yeah, its his Battle Costume. It should be out whenever the zenny store launches.

The files for all the costumes are in the game, its how Garrett took those screenshots of all of them back when Alex released (iirc). It should be out whenever the Zenny store launches.

Someone on steam made screenshots of all costumes/colors for all characters (Minus Guile since he wasn't out yet). http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198191240939/images/?appid=310950
Ok looking closer at the video it is a recorded playback so that makes sense.

With most colors and in this screenshot, the outfit doesn't look horrible. The crotch area with those straps at some angles looks suspect.

I'll think about it.

BadWolf

Just got my first double perfect :eek:

Was against a Laura player.

Also has anyone come across a Zangief player called MustardTiger? I've come across him twice and all he does is stand in one place mashing LK. I'm assuming the guy has left it on autofire and is farming FM?

Viscant was favorable again this session but this particular gif of LTG beating more than the breaks off of Viscan'ts Vega is hilarious to me.

6NEiJx4.gif

lol Stuff is flying everywhere :D

Xeteh

Man, if I could play Karin a quarter as well as JWong plays her she'd be my character in a heartbeat. His gameplay is so sick.

Du the Du picked Guile, good shit.

Also has anyone come across a Zangief player called MustardTiger? I've come across him twice and all he does is stand in one place mashing LK. I'm assuming the guy has left it on autofire and is farming FM?
Dude should have had it mashing cr lp. Might actually win some games that way.

But you only get FM if you win right?

Neoxon

street-fighter-v-nash-vs-birdie.jpg

4O2zwWK.png

Also, I don't see this outfit in the store but I am watching the LTG vs Viscant rematch and LTG has the outfit. I thought you could only do mods on PC and he plays on PS4. This outfit must be official then, right?
Charlie actually wears fake glasses, mainly for fashion purposes. He has perfect vision, which was a requirement for his time with the Air Force.

Mediking

Charlie actually wears fake glasses, mainly for fashion purposes. He has perfect vision, which was a requirement for his time with the Air Force.

Charlie... the kinda guy to come back from the dead, hate his best friend, be a edgelord.... yet wear fake glasses as an attempt to look cool.

Palom

I've run across them a few times. I assume he's farming EXP to reach level 50 for store color 15. When I ran into them last night, I started to get all kinds of lag from the fight. I wasn't recording at the time, but I saved a Twitch highlight of it. https://www.twitch.tv/sieffreplays/v/65274737

The background started animating at crazy fast speeds, and the fight started to get progressively more and more laggy. I wonder if having his button on autofire isn't overloading the connection, and has me worried that people could use that to grief others by causing lag from holding down all their buttons with turbo on.

Xeteh

Anyone trying to do a few sets? I've got a new half baked Karin I wanna test out.

I don't have too much time but want to test out your baby Karin vs my baby Necalli?

CFN: Xetehlol

Actually, Brett... if you're on PS4 if you want to add me on PSN feel free.

Xeteh

Gonna have to bounce out earlyish for Game of Thrones plans with a buddy but may the best man WIN haha.It's set FT5 but lets call it FT2

GGs man, that shit was fun. We have to do that again.

I'm assuming that was you that sent a friend request?

Big Brett

GGs man, that shit was fun. We have to do that again.

I'm assuming that was you that sent a friend request?
Yes yes that was me I'm loserbam haha. Ancient username I'm forever tied to on psn. Got a little lag on my end but love the matchup. Felt really even and came away feeling like I could learn something too. We'll definitely do this again.

Xeteh

Yes yes that was me I'm loserbam haha. Ancient username I'm forever tied to on psn. Got a little lag on my end but love the matchup. Felt really even and came away feeling like I could learn something too. We'll definitely do this again.

Yeah, there was a bit of latency but nothing terrible. It was fun though, we're both learning. Hit me up whenever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom