• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcf x2

Snake blaming everything for his poor performance in SFV so far except himself.

Seriously, it's not like he's playing online and one side can have a different experience from the other. If his opponents are doing just fine then it's on him.

But I'm sure some people will be outraged and demand Capcom do whatever it takes to help Snake and other players (relatively) struggling in SFV be more competitive.

Anyway, today my brain ran out of gas. It's like when I play bball sometimes and I suddenly lose my form and become the worst player on the planet.

mbpm1

The resets, they are american
ZNL7ql.gif
Also it's hard to see, but Karin's EX Rassenha is indeed just being flat out beat here bc of my poor meaty timing with the first hit.

Damn that sucks.

Renekton

Is the S&M outfit for Nash official? Is that supposed to be a tactical looking outfit?

LOL And why is he still rocking the spectacles? Bison takes off his hat for his alt (but still does his winning hat animation).

I've never seen a far sighted, gimp suit wearing assassin before. Hopefully Capcom is pumping out more and better costumes.
I thought it was a reference to Doctrine Dark from EX series.

Xeteh

Seriously, it's not like he's playing online and one side can have a different experience from the other. If his opponents are doing just fine then it's on him.

But I'm sure some people will be outraged and demand Capcom do whatever it takes to help Snake and other players (relatively) struggling in SFV be more competitive.

Anyway, today my brain ran out of gas. It's like when I play bball sometimes and I suddenly lose my form and become the worst player on the planet.

Oh, you suck at SFV today? We should play sets, I'm tired of losing.

KingBroly

Banned
Seems like the 8 frame input delay is being discussed again after Snake Eyez mentioned it in his interview earlier today. Think it'll ever be addressed by Capcom?

Also, if I'm understanding correctly, the lag should be the same on PC and PS4 unless you force Vsync off, right? So I won't have to readjust if I switch between platforms?

I think turning v-sync off only lowers it by 2 frames or something.

It might be part of the game's design, tbh.

Astrael

Idk if you're playing right now but you asked me the other day if I wanted to play. If you're down we should play some sets!

I'm also down to play a couple sets if you want, I just got online :) Not sure how I'll do, seems like every day is a crap-shoot how I'm feeling.

hamchan

I can certainly feel the input lag on the PS4 version and it feels terrible to me. Probably because I'm used to a V-Sync off PC version.

Xeteh

I'm also down to play a couple sets if you want, I just got online :) Not sure how I'll do, seems like every day is a crap-shoot how I'm feeling.

I remember that lobby we were both in and your Karin scared me when I was still playing Cammy, so I'm terrified of you on my day 1 Necalli but I'm still down to play if you want.

Xetehlol on CFN

Astrael

I remember that lobby we were both in and your Karin scared me when I was still playing Cammy, so I'm terrified of you on my day 1 Necalli but I'm still down to play if you want.

Xetehlol on CFN

Man I do not know the Necalli matchup at all lol.

Astrael

Idk how to fight Karin so we're learning this together! I noticed you're on PC, my PS4 is right next to my PC so if you want to chat on Steam lemme know.

Oh nice, my Steam handle is Nightfox if you want to look me up. Should be the same foxgirl avatar, just different pose lol

Xeteh

Oh nice, my Steam handle is Nightfox if you want to look me up. Should be the same foxgirl avatar, just different pose lol

Idk if you meant it should be the same avatar or the same character but I just sent an invite to a Nightfox with a similar avatar.

qcf x2

Oh, you suck at SFV today? We should play sets, I'm tired of losing.

Yeah man, losing badly to flowchart Ryu players. I shut it down after losing a perfect to someone who was playing totally random(ly), jump kick and sweep included. And I was using my scrub killer, Laura. lol...missed everything by mere pixels, couldn't tech the obvious throws and made everybody look pyschic. Just one of those days not meant for me to play SF.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Got Laura to level 30 and now happy to put her to bed for a while.
Really enjoyed breaking in the game with her. I think she'll be my main for the foreseeable future.

Next I'm excited to learn Nash! I know he might be a lame choice what with world class players like Infiltration and Luffy using him, but he just looks so damn fun.

Big Brett

Any lobbies going on or anyone willing to play some casual sets? CFN EdziPC

Hey man I'll invite you. 4 slots for anyone, password is 1313 CFN TheBigBrett look for passworded lobbies

EDIT: EdziPC you're way better than any Silver I've played. No idea what to do.

LakeEarth

Finally got all the trials. I still can't believe the hardest one of all is a #6. I was on Karin's one for 20 minutes, and when it finally hit I have no clue what I did differently. Painful.

Xeteh

Finally got all the trials. I still can't believe the hardest one of all is a #6. I was on Karin's one for 20 minutes, and when it finally hit I have no clue what I did differently. Painful.

Karin's 6th took me like 3 hours. It could be worse. I've gotten better though, I can get it in a few tries now.

Astrael

Haven't played in almost a week, feels good to be back on the Laura grind.

That French Laura in top 8 today had me inspired.

From what I've seen this has been a great week for Laura, CPT Asia's Thaiger Uppercut had a Laura win the winners bracket, only losing to a Ken in grand finals. And I saw a bunch of Lauras in a recent online tourney, with one winning it. Is there a secret Laura convention going on I don't know about? o_O For the record, I can't beat decent Lauras at all any rank lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom