• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should fight me because I'm awesome.

Cammy? Awesome?
N1BUM3s.png

For real tho, we should definitely run some sets soon. I finish finals on Wednesday night and after some job interview and graduation stuff later this week, I'm totally free for some SFV. I'm gonna dig super deep into this game between working and interviews.

From what I've seen this has been a great week for Laura, CPT Asia's Thaiger Uppercut had a Laura win the winners bracket, only losing to a Ken in grand finals. And I saw a bunch of Lauras in a recent online tourney, with one winning it. Is there a secret Laura convention going on I don't know about? o_O For the record, I can't beat decent Lauras at all any rank lol.

Maybe we have our own secret discord :V

Laura is a killer in that if you don't understand the match up, she can really expose that and make it look like she's doing some infinites and crazy bullshit. She's a complex character to play and learn to play against compared to the rest of the cast.

Xeteh

Cammy? Awesome?
N1BUM3s.png

For real tho, we should definitely run some sets soon. I finish finals on Wednesday night and after some job interview and graduation stuff later this week I'm totally free for some SFV. I'm gonna dig super deep into this game between working and interviews.

Nah, I'm learning Necalli. I still bring out my Cammy when I'm getting bodied but the result doesn't change lol

I hate you so much right now Edzi.

Nah, I'm learning Necalli. I still bring out my Cammy when I'm getting bodied but the result doesn't change lol

Cammy's good, but man that low health/stun is killer. Necalli's a really strong character too though. He's relatively simple to use and has a lot of tools and an amazing v-skill/v-trigger

Xeteh

Cammy's good, but man that low health/stun is killer. Necalli's a really strong character too though. He's relatively simple to use and has a lot of tools and an amazing v-skill/v-trigger

Yeah, its why I've moved on from her. I still love me some Cammy but my poor execution with her low health means I lose a lot. Necalli gives me that buffer, I've been learning him and having a blast playing some Gaffers like Brett and Azrael. Fun stuff.

Thanks. Looks like it did switch hosts to Edzi.

Welcome to the Edzi Destruction Lobby. Please pay your fee.

Had to bounce it's super late and I was just lethargic and playing poopy!

QUITTER!

Edgeward

What can a player do to stop the aggression like the aggression you put out? What would make you pull back? I have no idea how to react except to just block everything. My neutral game is my weakest link right now I think.

You have to let them know that you know the gaps in their pressure and can punish them optimally or close to it. If you don't people will exploit and keep doing it.

Example, Laura's jab x elbow loop. It leaves her at -2 but most will try to punish with a medium or heavy attack which is wrong because if she keeps doing it you will always get hit.

You have to let them know that you know the gaps in their pressure and can punish them optimally or close to it. If you don't people will exploit and keep doing it.

Example, Laura's jab x elbow loop. It leaves her at -2 but most will try to punish with a medium or heavy attack which is wrong because if she keeps doing it you will always get hit.

Well, any medium move that's 5 frame startup will get the job done in that situation. Heavy attacks/long startup specials will get fucked though.

Edzi

What can a player do to stop the aggression like the aggression you put out? What would make you pull back? I have no idea how to react except to just block everything. My neutral game is my weakest link right now I think.

Basically what Edgeward said. Gotta learn when your turn starts and take advantage of all those openings to start your offense. Also, try working on blocking crossups since I think you got hit with most of my crossup attempts.

Edgeward

Well, any medium move that's 5 frame startup will get the job done in that situation. Heavy attacks/long startup specials will get fucked though.

That's if they know when the right moment to attack. Most end up pressing the button too late. Same applies for Vega's lk roll attack. Most try to punish after he lands but you need to punish as soon as the last hit is blocked.

That's if they know when the right moment to attack. Most end up pressing the button too late. Same applies for Vega's lk roll attack. Most try to punish after he lands but you need to punish as soon as the last hit is blocked.
Well yes, I was assuming that the person is aware of the move's properties and knows exactly when to do a reversal move but your point is valid.

Just something that requires practice.

Astrael

Are we doing baby characters? If so, is Guile time!

Also, I might leave at any time if my baby wakes up.

GG, Edzi.

Didn't see you wanted to play baby characters, so thought I'd give Vega a whirl tonight lol, but Karin is my main. Don't see myself leaving her anytime soon >_>

Big Brett

Appreciate the help guys. Gotta hit the training room tomorrow and practice. It's embarrassing, I realized most cross ups I was trying to block low >_< Gonna work on those too. GGs all.

Astrael

GGs Xeteh, Septimus, Edzi, and Brett. Lots of fun tonight :) Nice range of characters to play against here.

GGs, Astral. Those were super clutch!

Thanks those last fights were too close lol, we were doing pretty good adapting to each others strategies that's for sure.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Guys we're almost a third of the way through May and no reveal trailer for the next dlc character.
Kappa

Zerojul

You might say that Septimus is a...family man.

... Sorry. Respect to all my fellow dads/mums fighting on the streets during lights out.
I play pad only now because the noise of my TE wakes my baby up, systematically. Down back charge make my left wrist hurt :(

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I play pad only now because the noise of my TE wakes my baby up, systematically. Down back charge make my left wrist hurt :(

I had a sore thumb from doing Guile's trials... Might have to develop a strong callous if I'm gonna be any good with Urien (assuming he's mainly charge-based).

Depends on how soundly your baby sleeps in general, but I strongly recommend getting some silent buttons for your stick. My friend brings his silent stick over for some after hours practice and it's not once woken our 1.5 year-old (playing in the room above).

That's the ticket!

Go Stay home and be a family man.

Very much plan on doing so! Can't wait until he reaches viable training age.

Well, I do live in America.

It's like it was meant to be.

Is it me or is the matchmaking busted in this game ? Or is the pool of players too small to pair beginners with beginners ?

I mean I'm a novice in Street Fighter V, I tried to play some unranked and some ranked matches. Each time I'm paired with someone with +1000 levels above me and I'm utterly destroyed each time.

In before the "git gud" posts

It would be awesome if the characters had a special training mode for each of them. Oh well.

Zackat

Is it me or is the matchmaking busted in this game ? Or is the pool of players too small to pair beginners with beginners ?

I mean I'm a novice in Street Fighter V, I tried to play some unranked and some ranked matches. Each time I'm paired with someone with +1000 levels above me and I'm utterly destroyed each time.

In before the "git gud" posts

It would be awesome if the characters had a special training mode for each of them. Oh well.
Probably a mixture of not a lot of beginners playing with matchmaking not being the best. What bracket are you currently in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom