• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or is the matchmaking busted in this game ? Or is the pool of players too small to pair beginners with beginners ?

I mean I'm a novice in Street Fighter V, I tried to play some unranked and some ranked matches. Each time I'm paired with someone with +1000 levels above me and I'm utterly destroyed each time.

In before the "git gud" posts

It would be awesome if the characters had a special training mode for each of them. Oh well.

Depends on the time of day and the day of the week, like Friday i am getting match after match with ease at 9pm, but Monday same time sometimes it takes 4 mins to find a match..

Edit, bronze league only play casuals..

Spuck-uk

Banned
Cammy? Awesome?
N1BUM3s.png

Maybe we have our own secret discord :V

Laura is a killer in that if you don't understand the match up, she can really expose that and make it look like she's doing some infinites and crazy bullshit. She's a complex character to play and learn to play against compared to the rest of the cast.

Actually, IS there a Laura discord? The Facebook group aint great, I'm mostly grabbing my tech from VRyu and Jibbo on twitter.

FluxWaveZ

Is it me or is the matchmaking busted in this game ? Or is the pool of players too small to pair beginners with beginners ?

I mean I'm a novice in Street Fighter V, I tried to play some unranked and some ranked matches. Each time I'm paired with someone with +1000 levels above me and I'm utterly destroyed each time.

It would be awesome if the characters had a special training mode for each of them. Oh well.

Match-making is busted, yes. I'm a 9k+ Platinum player and 90% of the time I will be paired up with a Bronze or Silver league player.

hamchan

I think the pool of active players isn't huge so they just match everyone 1000lp up with each other no matter what the rank.

Asd202

I recommend setting up a battle lounge with one player, add beginner welcome comment and play it's really fun and faster than ranked. The only drawback is you're not getting any fight money.

The fact that capcom has still not included a tournament mode into the game shows just how incompetent they are. (both players can change characters, automatic no pause feature, no character intros, always random stage, etc...things that would make tournies run smoother)

The fact that capcom has still not included a tournament mode into the game shows just how incompetent they are. (both players can change characters, automatic no pause feature, no character intros, always random stage, etc...things that would make tournies run smoother)

Yes they are so incredibly incompetent because they didn't include these things.
:rolleyes:

Skilletor

Is there a fighter with all of these things?

Tourney should set pause mode to type b, it makes it hold, not press. Always random stage would just increase load times between matches, it wouldn't make tournies run smoother. Character intros are skipped in seconds.

Really stretching the meaning of "incompetent," imo. There's a lot to bitch about, but all this stuff, aside from the ability for both players to change characters, is superfluous.

fresquito

I've started learning Karin. What a timing bitch she is!

I'm struggling to find the EX tenko xx Cr. lp reset timing. I've come to the conclusion that it's dependant on the Tenko timing, not the Sappo cancel, but still, it's quite the timing. For th cr. lp reset I mash cr.lp because I can't find the right timing when I try to press it only once.

Bladelaw

I recently picked this up. Aside from the lack of "other stuff" to do the game is fantastic.

I'm trying to decide on a character to really dig into since my main from SFIV (Juri) is still MIA for the time being. Rashid has been fun to play and has lots of options but I feel like the recovery on a lot of his moves is pretty high. I'm specifically trying to branch away from the Shoto style characters (far fewer than ever before in his is feels like).

I burned through the "story" mode for everybody as kind of a test and the only characters that really clicked with me (besides Ryu/Ken) was Karin and Rashid. I've managed to do alright in ranked but I haven't been matched up grossly over my league yet. Lag has been pretty tame, I've only had one shitty match and there was an ocean separating us so not unexpected.

So any resources for Rashid/Karin? Or should I just self-teach until Juri arrives?

I recently picked this up. Aside from the lack of "other stuff" to do the game is fantastic.

I'm trying to decide on a character to really dig into since my main from SFIV (Juri) is still MIA for the time being. Rashid has been fun to play and has lots of options but I feel like the recovery on a lot of his moves is pretty high. I'm specifically trying to branch away from the Shoto style characters (far fewer than ever before in his is feels like).

I burned through the "story" mode for everybody as kind of a test and the only characters that really clicked with me (besides Ryu/Ken) was Karin and Rashid. I've managed to do alright in ranked but I haven't been matched up grossly over my league yet. Lag has been pretty tame, I've only had one shitty match and there was an ocean separating us so not unexpected.

So any resources for Rashid/Karin? Or should I just self-teach until Juri arrives?

Karin stuff:

Character guide - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9mJhrDCN1Q

Floechart (a bit old since during the beta, but still has some relevant stuff) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z43Z2pqt508

Watch anything Justin Wong to see the right way to play Karin in the game

Jwong NCR compilation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTpejwB8TyM

NWM Top 8 (check the description for all of Justin's games) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7OacszWr4Q

Bladelaw

Karin stuff:

Character guide - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9mJhrDCN1Q

Floechart (a bit old since during the beta, but still has some relevant stuff) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z43Z2pqt508

Watch anything Justin Wong to see the right way to play Karin in the game

Jwong NCR compilation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTpejwB8TyM

NWM Top 8 (check the description for all of Justin's games) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7OacszWr4Q

Thanks for the info!

The things that really work for me with Rashid is he has options for every range and relatively simple links into Critical. Karin's "flowchart" combo style reminds me of Fei Long and feels so satisfying when you connect with the full string. Anything specific in the Floechart video that's outdated?

Thanks for the info!

The things that really work for me with Rashid is he has options for every range and relatively simple links into Critical. Karin's "flowchart" combo style reminds me of Fei Long and feels so satisfying when you connect with the full string. Anything specific in the Floechart video that's outdated?

He mentions that using Karin's CA is kind of a waste of meter unless it kills, but that's kind of untrue since it does so much damage.

1.4m is shipped not sold..
yeah, but I haven’t heard from Sales GAF that SFV is stuffed or anything. Shipped is sold to Capcom, but yeah, sold-in to consumers might be a lower number, either way, it’s just a poor launch, not the disaster some people would have you believe.

Asd202

Thanks for the info!

Momochi also made a nice tutorial for Karin :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2pAJAzQu20

BTW I'm the same as you was playing Juri in SF IV went with Karin in this game she's really fun! Can't wait to see Juri in this game maybe I'll switch mains then.

Started up the game for the first time in a week.

Game one, random shit Mika. Game 2, teleporting laggy russian Ken. Both much higher lp. GG time to retire.

So I decided to stick with Dhalsim. I hit the lab really hard and I have made some pretty good observations.

- A patient Dhalsim makes certain players really apprehensive. So many people do actions right at the beginning of the round that are counters to standard pokes, but if you don't send those pokes out, then you can get free damage, just by waiting.

- b+MP is probably the best normal anti-air in the game. Done early enough, it stuffs some cross-ups (you can use LP for the ones that are at a higher arc) and it's fast enough that it can be done to trade off of other move recovery.

- All of his slides are garbage. Unfortunately, you need to use the LK slide to move around a little. Max range HK slide is tricky to space.

- Yoga Gale is stupid good. Either out of teleport, V-Skill, or instant air, it catches so many things and can be used as a frame trap off of an easy block string. Heck, use it as an anti-air, too. Even if you trade, you'll more than likely be doing more damage than what you were hit with.

- Players above Super Silver (except fallen rage quitters) all know that his V-Trigger is harmless if you're unable to land a hit. Unless I can get a confirm that would lead to good damage, spending V-Meter on Reversal is preferred.

Using a different methodology of play, I was able to get a pretty considerable win streak yesterday and was beating people into gold rank. I still need to work drills into my normal play, but I'm getting there. I also have a better idea what his worst match-ups are, too.

Necalli, Laura, Cammy, Chun. Those are the worst for 'Sim, no question.

mbpm1

you play Ryu, the worst you can say is "he isn't top 3 in the game"

I switch around so much I can't claim Ryu anymore tho.

I've been playing Guile since his release

fuck having no dp tho I might go back soon

And Ryu is probably in the top 3 tbh

give him donkey kick for a forward moving option anyway

Big Brett

Oh my god I'm just discovering I totally have ladder anxiety in this game. I just got done in a ranked FT2 and I'm still nervous lol. I won though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom