• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

08_fchamptierlistsfv01.jpg

F.Champ fully on the "Bison is the most overrated character in the game" bandwagon

Fang should be below bison

Mika could be higher

Seems like an okay list otherwise

Finally got to Gold Rank with Birdie! I feel like I'm in a pretty good place right now, but I'm still shit at fighting characters with fast throw setups like Ryu and Nash. I want to work on using V-Reversals, EX Bull Head, and can setups more. Maybe a good V-Trigger combo too. Oddly enough, my worst matchup is Birdie by far. According to the stat tracker website I win against him less than 20% of the time, and that's not counting D/Cs. What a bizarre character. Fighting against stomp-happy Bisons is too fun.

Don't know how I'm gonna get that Hell trophy though 😩

Xeteh

Well I've also gotta learn to properly punish so we'll learn together haha. I kept dropping combos because of execution errors.

Yeah, same. I blew a match mid-set with you where I meant to kill you with a chip super. Instead I just fucking DP'd twice. I get so salty when I play because of dropping stuff, which then makes me drop more. I find very little more frustrating than screwing up confirms I've practiced a ton.

At least I kept nailing my CA confirm a fair bit.

08_fchamptierlistsfv01.jpg

F.Champ fully on the "Bison is the most overrated character in the game" bandwagon
Good thing I play Birdie, Guile, Alex, and Bison. =(

I'm always surprised by how low Birdie is on those lists.
He's there because he kind of sucks.

Yeah, same. I blew a match mid-set with you where I meant to kill you with a chip super. Instead I just fucking DP'd twice. I get so salty when I play because of dropping stuff, which then makes me drop more. I find very little more frustrating than screwing up confirms I've practiced a ton.

At least I kept nailing my CA confirm a fair bit.
Just from what I saw last night, I think you should do Cannon Spike after you land a V-triggered Spiral Arrow.

Birdie kind of reminds me of Adon. You gotta do a lot of crazy shit to win, but when it works it works well. Otherwise you get blown up.

Bison is dogruff gutter trash, nobody should pick him. He has like two options and a V trigger that makes one of his two options slightly harder to counter.

Xeteh

Just from what I saw last night, I think you should do Cannon Spike after you land a V-triggered Spiral Arrow.

I normally do but I've been trying to hold it for another mixup. CS'ing after the Spiral resets the match to neutral, I'd rather be trying to improve my pressure.

KingBroly

Banned
I don't get why they don't do Professional Tier List aggregates where you see the overall rankings and how certain players view them.

i still lose to random bison shen. i have to play him more. since guile dropped i only played him like 2 or 3 times and lost half of those games.

Skilletor

Cammy needs the following things to be good:

TKCS
Overhead
Command Grab
Counters
Fireball (that turns into a command grab if done up close)
She should have a one bar Vtrigger and get 3 uses from it.
Her vreversal should go to wherever the opponent is on screen. reversal on dhalsim would put me right next to him which is fair because it gets old trying to get in on him.
No crush counter on blocked/whiffed canon spike
Should be able to link c.mp from c.lk
Invincible backdash

I think with these things she'd be ALMOST as good as Guile.

Edzi

Cammy needs the following things to be good:

TKCS
Overhead
Command Grab
Counters
Fireball (that turns into a command grab if done up close)
She should have a one bar Vtrigger and get 3 uses from it.
Her vreversal should go to wherever the opponent is on screen. reversal on dhalsim would put me right next to him which is fair because it gets old trying to get in on him.
No crush counter on blocked/whiffed canon spike
Should be able to link c.mp from c.lk
Invincible backdash

I think with these things she'd be ALMOST as good as Guile.

Don't forget giving her Gill's Resurrection Super.

LakeEarth

Finally got to Gold Rank with Birdie! I feel like I'm in a pretty good place right now, but I'm still shit at fighting characters with fast throw setups like Ryu and Nash. I want to work on using V-Reversals, EX Bull Head, and can setups more. Maybe a good V-Trigger combo too. Oddly enough, my worst matchup is Birdie by far. According to the stat tracker website I win against him less than 20% of the time, and that's not counting D/Cs. What a bizarre character. Fighting against stomp-happy Bisons is too fun.

Don't know how I'm gonna get that Hell trophy though ��

Good stuff. I was watching a good Birdie on the Dreamhack stream, and he had this meaty f.HK overhead setup where he could combo it into s.lk xx EX bullhead. I need to incorporate that stat! For the mirror matchup, I use banana a lot and make them come to me. Once they have meter, I start neutral jumping because you KNOW they're going to start going for the jumping command grab to counter the v-skill.

Easiest v-trigger combo is whatever into EX bullhead xx v-trigger into 1) s.mp xx heavy bullhead (easier), 2) s.mp xx EX bullhead (corner carry, uses bar), 3) c.HP xx Bullhorn (most meterless damage) or 4) c.HP xx EX chain (chain doesn't drain v-trigger, uses bar). I usually go for #2 because getting them cornered while you've got that v-trigger walk speed boost is amazing.

I'm with you with the Hell/Extreme trophy. I'm just waiting on that one, hoping they'll change something in a future patch to make it less painful. If not, I will just pick Ken and dragon punch to coma, I mean victory.

KingBroly

Banned
What tools is she possibly missing, an overhead? Lol

She's missing her air grab, for one. Part of me thinks they only just finished the mechanic with Guile.

I think she should be able to grab characters who are crouching because she's by far the shortest character in the game. It's also bullshit that characters like Birdie and Gief can't be grabbed while crouched despite being the biggest. Visually, it's fucking ridiculous.

I also feel like if she had 50 more HP she'd be a bit better off in the more unfavorable matchups she has right now.

Good stuff. I was watching a good Birdie on the Dreamhack stream, and he had this meaty f.HK overhead setup where he could combo it into s.lk xx EX bullhorn. I need to incorporate that stat! For the mirror matchup, I use banana a lot and make them come to me. Once they have meter, I start neutral jumping because you KNOW they're going to start going for the jumping command grab to counter the v-skill.

Easiest v-trigger combo is whatever into EX bullhorn xx v-trigger into 1) s.mp xx heavy bullhorn (easier), 2) s.mp xx EX bullhorn (corner carry, uses bar), 3) c.HP xx Bullhead (most meterless damage) or 4) c.HP xx EX chain (chain doesn't drain v-trigger, uses bar). I usually go for #2 because getting them cornered while you've got that v-trigger walk speed boost is amazing.

I'm with you with the Hell/Extreme trophy. I'm just waiting on that one, hoping they'll change something in a future patch to make it less painful. If not, I will just pick Ken and dragon punch to coma, I mean victory.
Ooh, all great tips! Especially with the meter stuff in the mirror haha. Thanks! 😁

mbpm1

I think she should be able to grab characters who are crouching because she's by far the shortest character in the game. It's also bullshit that characters like Birdie and Gief can't be grabbed while crouched despite being the biggest. Visually, it's fucking ridiculous.

???

Cammy can grab people who are crouching?

Good stuff. I was watching a good Birdie on the Dreamhack stream, and he had this meaty f.HK overhead setup where he could combo it into s.lk xx EX bullhorn. I need to incorporate that stat! For the mirror matchup, I use banana a lot and make them come to me. Once they have meter, I start neutral jumping because you KNOW they're going to start going for the jumping command grab to counter the v-skill.

Easiest v-trigger combo is whatever into EX bullhorn xx v-trigger into 1) s.mp xx heavy bullhorn (easier), 2) s.mp xx EX bullhorn (corner carry, uses bar), 3) c.HP xx Bullhead (most meterless damage) or 4) c.HP xx EX chain (chain doesn't drain v-trigger, uses bar). I usually go for #2 because getting them cornered while you've got that v-trigger walk speed boost is amazing.

I really hate Bull Horn. Most times, when I try to do it, Birdie doesn't even do it when I release the button. I never had that problem with Rog's turn-around punch.

LakeEarth

I'm so sorry guys, I mixed up bullhorn and bullhead. I always do that! At least I was consistently wrong. Editing my last post now.

For EX bullhorn into v-trigger combos, you basically have the choice to combo into light bullhead or EX bullhead for the corner carry and more damage.

Lulubop

She's missing her air grab, for one. Part of me thinks they only just finished the mechanic with Guile.

I also feel like if she had 50 more HP she'd be a bit better off in the more unfavorable matchups she has right now.

You should really stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom