• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

The game just kicked me off the server RIGHT as I landed the finishing blow on my opponent.

If that wasn't some network shenanigans my opponent pulled, that must have looked real nice on his end.

Mediking

winning only, and reduced amounts >.>

why, capcom, why!?!?

Even though I vastly prefer Casual and Battle Lounge to cheap and unfair mode known as Ranked.... SFV is still a "git good or else" game. It's not a "git good or have fun in your own way" game yet.... maybe more modes will fix that.

Xeteh

I really hope next set of DLC characters include a new character, I was kind of bummed all the currently announced ones are old characters.

SephLuis

I really hope next set of DLC characters include a new character, I was kind of bummed all the currently announced ones are old characters.

I believe they will include at least 1 new character every 2 Waves. So, 1 new for Season 2 and maybe another in Season 4 ?

hey thanks man, the double tap helped me me doing it more consistent. thought double tapping or plinking weren't really needed in this game.

They aren't needed for play as plinking does nothing but double tapping never hurts. Especially in a game with such lenient windows as this one.

Glad that the double tapping worked out for you I find that it helps in this game a lot in combos. I mainly use it as a timing cue for that guile link and some other combos that have weird timing compared to the norm.

HiResDes

My thought process when I see certain characters pop in ranked based on experience against my Cammy:

Ryu - Winnable but a chore, need to be ridiculously patient sometimes and batshit insane other times

Ken - likely a scrub easy to bait and condition, big damage though so no stupid mistakes

Rashid - Annoying, prepare to hold block and canon strike a lot unless he has meter

Zangief - Don't get cocky, SPDs will hurt, but we got this

Laura - Canon Spike bullshit setups and fake block strings, be more offensive, don't get setup

Mika - I'm gonna end up in the corner and it's gonna hurt, I hate you

Nash - I need to get in and play well, they just need not to be brain dead, watch for the teleport and punish

Birdie - Pulverize with normals don't jump to much, be wary of spacing

Fang - Stay in, beat ass, punish fake block strings and don't be too afraid to take some poison

Dhalsim - They probably teleport too much and are ass let's do this

Karin - This is gonna be a good match, utilize canon strike unless they have meter

Alex - This is going to be a boring, but respectable match, but we got this

Vega - Also boring, establish dominance on the ground, have solid anti airs ready

Guile - Zzzz...Be wise with meter, walk em down into the corner

Chun-Li - If they're silver or above I'm completely fucked

Bison - Fuck this character and these block strings, hope they fuck up and go for something unsafe, abuse canon strike especially with meter

Cammy Mirror - fundamentals, be safe, punish accordingly

... Overall I think Cammy only has like two or three 7 to 3 matchups against, and a bunch of 6 to 4s in her favor, but she doesn't really dominate anyone at all like some of the other characters do

Mediking

My thought process when I see certain characters pop in ranked based on experience against my Cammy:

Ryu - Winnable but a chore, need to be ridiculously patient sometimes and batshit insane other times

Ken - likely a scrub easy to bait and condition, big damage though so no stupid mistakes

Rashid - Annoying, prepare to hold block and canon strike a lot unless he has meter

Zangief - Don't get cocky, SPDs will hurt, but we got this

Laura - Canon Spike bullshit setups and fake block strings, be more offensive, don't get setup

Mika - I'm gonna end up in the corner and it's gonna hurt, I hate you

Nash - I need to get in and play well, they just need not to be brain dead, watch for the teleport and punish

Birdie - Pulverize with normals don't jump to much, be wary of spacing

Fang - Stay in, beat ass, punish fake block strings and don't be too afraid to take some poison

Dhalsim - They probably teleport too much and are ass let's do this

Karin - This is gonna be a good match, utilize canon strike unless they have meter

Alex - This is going to be a boring, but respectable match, but we got this

Vega - Also boring, establish dominance on the ground, have solid anti airs ready

Guile - Zzzz...Be wise with meter, walk em down into the corner

Chun-Li - If they're silver or above I'm completely fucked

Bison - Fuck this character and these block strings, hope they fuck up and go for something unsafe, abuse canon strike especially with meter

Cammy Mirror - fundamentals, be safe, punish accordingly

... Overall I think Cammy only has like two or three 7 to 3 matchups against, and a bunch of 6 to 4s in her favor, but she doesn't really dominate anyone at all like some of the other characters do

Nearly everyone who I've faced on online in SFV has realized how to beat Cammy now... you know... just block and punish. A few combos and she's dead. That's why I never say my Cammy is amazing or that Cammy is good in a certain match up. Everything about that character comes crashing down if a person just blocks wisely and make you frustrated. "But that's with any character!", you might say. Not really... Guile and Nash are gonna hit you whether you like it or not. Lol

I know I'm like one of the more vocal people about Cammy but she still is insanely fun. She's super fun for a character who has to rely on the opponent not knowing how to stop her.

Csr

They aren't needed for play as plinking does nothing but double tapping never hurts. Especially in a game with such lenient windows as this one.

Glad that the double tapping worked out for you I find that it helps in this game a lot in combos. I mainly use it as a timing cue for that guile link and some other combos that have weird timing compared to the norm.

I have heard a lot of people say that plinking doesn't work but if you see the inputs in training when you plink you see an additional input in the next frame just like in sfiv.
Are you guys certain plinking doesn't work?

Big Brett

I don't fucking understand Karin's trial 6. I can't land the fucking orochi, wtf

It needs to be instant. Buffer it by doing quarter circle forward, then holding down, then plink kick to punch. It's so bullshit I got it on a fluke but that's what I read that helped me.

Edgeward

It needs to be instant. Buffer it by doing quarter circle forward, then holding down, then plink kick to punch. It's so bullshit I got it on a fluke but that's what I read that helped me.

oh my god, that work. Thank you. Never would've gotten it without the pinking trick. Fuck you, Combofiend.

All trials done.

I've beaten a few silver Chun players with FANG. They tend to use low air legs way too much, and I constantly keep walls and balls (lp or mp) out with varied timing. They just keep jumping into the damn things since it's probably worked the majority of the time against others. Beat one gold Chun, but they pulled a rage quit so it's not on my record.

I'd imagine I would be screwed against someone that actually knew what they were doing as her instead of relying completely on BS "I watched a tourny" tactics.

Yeah, as far as Karin 6, I kept trying to time it as well. The moment I tried buffer, shit worked on the first try.

Zissou

Nearly everyone who I've faced on online in SFV has realized how to beat Cammy now... you know... just block and punish. A few combos and she's dead. That's why I never say my Cammy is amazing or that Cammy is good in a certain match up. Everything about that character comes crashing down if a person just blocks wisely and make you frustrated. "But that's with any character!", you might say. Not really... Guile and Nash are gonna hit you whether you like it or not. Lol

I know I'm like one of the more vocal people about Cammy but she still is insanely fun. She's super fun for a character who has to rely on the opponent not knowing how to stop her.

She has amazing walkspeed and good normals for footsies, and can frame trap fine once she gets in. What do you mean she losing to 'block and punish'?

Sup, I played your Cammy earlier tonight in casuals (I was Birdie). Now I'm not a Cammy expert or good player by any means but, if you feel you're just getting beat by block and punish it's because you throw out way too much unsafe stuff. Random drills are not good. Cammy's walk speed is pretty great, you should walk and use normals much more. When I play vs Cammy, I'm usually afraid of s.MK, crossup divekicks, shimmy setups when I'm on wakeup. Her just being in my face in general.

When the opponent knows the tricks and the punishes, it's still up to you to beat them without that. And being real, I don't think many people actually know that stuff, it just comes down to how you use it.

Steroyd

Depends what they're block punishing, cannon spike and spiral arrow punishes are a given, but almost everything else you can make safe St.hp is -2 on block made safe if you cancel into hooligan where you can do mix up potential, jumping canon strike is safe providing you're not hitting their head use EX to guaruntee safeness, and try and making the opponent afraid of throws because Cammy's frametraps are scary.

Hell I think you can jab into a throw ffs.

Edzi

Nearly everyone who I've faced on online in SFV has realized how to beat Cammy now... you know... just block and punish.

Oh please, you could reduce every matchup to "just block and punish". Like Edgeward said, there are other ways to open players up, like with throws. Use them.

Sayad

I remember 50fm for losses and 100 for wins. Hmm...
It was 50 for a win and 25 for a loss during beta 2 and 3. But it's better when you get nothing for a loss, you don't want everyone farming by holding down a rabid fire confirm button.

Just saw a top 10 Laura player fight Rice-Eater on his stream.
Is it? I kinda remember it having ass range, but I haven't played Cammy in while.

Just saw a top 10 Laura player fight Rice-Eater on his stream.

Yeah that was me, I'm wasn't happy about how I played. I think I could have done much better than I did. I fell for some Laura gimmicks that the lower level players never use. Wouldn't mind running into him again, especially considering I'll only lose 5 points per match lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom