• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
The matchmaking can be so fucking infuriating when you're playing poorly and want to jump back into another match. But all I can do is watch the loading screen go on and on for as long as 10-15 minutes in between matches. Why can't this thing just give me someone to play already?

Cherry picking opponents in SF4 had its flaws but at least I was aware of what was happening. Being salty and watching this thing go on endlessly without a clue is so frustrating.

Siaynoqq

The matchmaking can be so fucking infuriating when you're playing poorly and want to jump back into another match. But all I can do is watch the loading screen go on and on for as long as 10-15 minutes in between matches. Why can't this thing just give me someone to play already?

Cherry picking opponents in SF4 had its flaws but at least I was aware of what was happening. Being salty and watching this thing go on endlessly without a clue is so frustrating.

I was just having the same issue. I usually just stay on home screen with matchmaking on and I didn't get anything for 10 minutes. Went into ranked match and searched for matches and now getting them every minute or so.

Airan

Just got the game, been hyped to try out Karin but man, her Instant Tenko/Orochi timings are such bullshit. It's like the game only remembers the last 4 inputs or something, I plink lk -> mp and it's either too fast or too slow, either way only the dash comes out. And how the fuck are you supposed to do instant EX Tenko/Orochi?!?! I'm currently doing lk + hk -> mp (so like a triangle claw) but it's so awkward to press...

To be fair I mained Makoto back in 4 and she wasn't particularly timing-dependent so this is new to me. Guess I'll keep soldiering on.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Players had names in SF4? All I ever saw was connection bars.

Siaynoqq

Rice_Eater, small world man. Just played you on ranked (ad_hak). You have a great Ryu, surprised I took 1/3. We should run some sets soon.

Edit: I am playing like ass right now. Tonight went down from 4300 to 3300. Was dropping axe kick combos the entire time I was playing you.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Spent a lot of time with SF Heads over the weekend. General concenous we all have is SFV balance is shit & unless you are playing one of the Top 8 characters you are wasting your time.

Viable Characters:

Ryu, Chun, Ken, Nash, Sim, Nacalli, Cammy, Karin

Boarderline Viable:

Mika

Not Viable:

Alex, Rashid, Laura, Gief, Claw, Bison, Fang, Birdie

Unknown:

Guile.

Two Lauras and a Mika in Top 8 majors just last weekend..

(I main Laura, she's definitely a struggle character, but like Mika, can just blow people up so incredibly hard at any point.)

Spent a lot of time with SF Heads over the weekend. General concenous we all have is SFV balance is shit & unless you are playing one of the Top 8 characters you are wasting your time.

Viable Characters:

Ryu, Chun, Ken, Nash, Sim, Nacalli, Cammy, Karin

Boarderline Viable:

Mika

Not Viable:

Alex, Rashid, Laura, Gief, Claw, Bison, Fang, Birdie

Unknown:

Guile.

Gave up on Gief pure shit tier character, give him back his green hand or remove him from the roster,

fresquito

Gave up on Gief pure shit tier character, give him back him green hand or remove him from the roster,
I hope Capcom has better fixes than giving him green hand, lol.

My solution to gief would be:

Muscle flex absorbing the first hit, like it's a parry. The second is armored still.

Hyun Sai

I mean, aren't there 2 bisons players in Top 8 global Capcom pro tour rankings ? And one Laura player ?

And when you see the Top 3, it's more about the players than the characters they play anyway : Infiltration, Justin Wong, Tokido.

The first Chun Li player is 19, and who else got good success with Ryu apart from Tokido ?

Rice_Eater, small world man. Just played you on ranked (ad_hak). You have a great Ryu, surprised I took 1/3. We should run some sets soon.

Edit: I am playing like ass right now. Tonight went down from 4300 to 3300. Was dropping axe kick combos the entire time I was playing you.

Dang, that's you. I don't know who started it but it's like we both decided to go nuts on each other. Almost no chill from either of us from what I remember.

I haven't touched Ranked in almost a month now, and I havr to say, it feels amazing. No morr stressing after points and and gettig scrubbed out then raging around. Just chilling in Battle Lounges these days, where I actually found much stronger players than I ever did in Ranked.

I haven't touched Ranked in almost a month now, and I havr to say, it feels amazing. No morr stressing after points and and gettig scrubbed out then raging around. Just chilling in Battle Lounges these days, where I actually found much stronger players than I ever did in Ranked.
Indeed...if you want to get back into Ranked though, I suggest dedicating one day to it, and playing lounge/casuals 80% of the time.

That’s what a lot of streamers do as well, dedicate one day, (4-10 hours) just to rank and seeing how hight they can get, otherwise, it’s running sets. That’s how you really learn match-up knowledge. Ranked is too one and done, even with best of 3.

Just got the game, been hyped to try out Karin but man, her Instant Tenko/Orochi timings are such bullshit. It's like the game only remembers the last 4 inputs or something, I plink lk -> mp and it's either too fast or too slow, either way only the dash comes out. And how the fuck are you supposed to do instant EX Tenko/Orochi?!?! I'm currently doing lk + hk -> mp (so like a triangle claw) but it's so awkward to press...

To be fair I mained Makoto back in 4 and she wasn't particularly timing-dependent so this is new to me. Guess I'll keep soldiering on.

I think the way to do an instant EX Tenko on a stick is to set up a macro button for the double kicks somehow. Sorry that's not super helpful, I play on a pad so when I want EX I just squeeze the trigger while doing my normal thumb-plink for an instant Tenko.

As for the rest, if all you're doing is pianoing from kick to punch that's going to be too fast to cancel a JFT out of anything other than jab. I've heard people say that you can just mash lp+lk (as if for a throw) when cancelling out of medium or fierce buttons but that wasn't consistent for me.

I just plink when I want a raw tenko, or when cancelling out of jab, and I just drilled the timings for the other buttons. The good news is that with medium or fierce buttons you don't actually need to do an instant tenko in order to combo; it's still better to hit the instant timing as it's more damage but hitting it late to be safe and missing it sometimes is really never going to matter (It's a 20 damage difference IIRC).

As for Ex launch into Orochi, I never do it. Very rarely if I think it will stun or kill I'll do Tenko > Ex Tenko > Ex Orochi, but I'll pretty much never do raw Orochi to finish because the Oki off of it is basically non-existent and you get much better setups off of Instant Tenko or Vskill followups.

That and everytime I see Mago or Justin go for the super optimal JFT > Lk Mujin > EX Tenko > Ex Orochi, they drop it. I'm sure at some point they've hit it but if they can't even do it 100% why bother heh.

Neoxon

SF5 on Capcom's financial report for next fiscal. Season 2 confirmed?
I assume you're referring to this.

OC99zld.jpg

And yeah, we had confirmation of Wave 2 a while back. This just cements that Capcom's sticking with their long-term road-map for Street Fighter V support.

BadWolf

Came across the same Sim player back to back for two 2/3 sets in casual, won both and he rage quit at the end of the second.

I think what might have ticked him off towards the end was that I accidentally started punishing his wake up teleport with a full jump in combo.

He kept doing that dang thing on wake up and I would often miss him but then I tried mashing light on his wake up with Mika, sometimes they would stop him and at other times he would teleport away.

What I started doing in the last match is doing a jab or two and if he teleported out of the way successfully then I would immediately just jump forward, this seemed to let me land a full jump in combo on him every time, guess Sim has a lot of recovery after a regular teleport?

In the alternative, doing a Flying Peach after the lights also seemed to work as a punish for the teleport.

I hope Capcom has better fixes than giving him green hand, lol.

My solution to gief would be:

Muscle flex absorbing the first hit, like it's a parry. The second is armored still.
"Snake Eyes wins 14th tournament in a row after buff to his favourite character .'It was just a matter of time' said the winner."

I was check dantarion's hitbox viewer. And what do you mean by both? Like all four or Ryu/Guile? Either way, Cammy's throw is not bad
I meant Cammy has the same range as Ryu and if Guile has the same range as Ryu then all three have the same.

It's not bad. It's not great, but it's not bad.

Skilletor

Cammy doesn't need great throw range. Her walk speed and normals make up for it. The threat of the throw is what she needs, that sets up her frame traps and all three (walk speed, normals, throw) work in conjunction. You can sit and block all day, but unless you have perfect reactions, or Cammy is super predictable, you're going to be eating grey health and throws if you just do that. You have to move or attack eventually.

Shito

Cammy doesn't need great throw range. Her walk speed and normals make up for it. The threat of the throw is what she needs, that sets up her frame traps and all three (walk speed, normals, throw) work in conjunction. You can sit and block all day, but unless you have perfect reactions, or Cammy is super predictable, you're going to be eating grey health and throws if you just do that. You have to move or attack eventually.
This.
A Cammy who understood how to properly play SFV is one of my most feared opponents in the whole game. Especially since I don't play characters with an invincible reversal.
But people only look at Poongko and think she is supposed to be played yolo-style... ^^

Guys, it's been a fun ride but I'm probably taking a break from SF for the foreseeable future. At least if battle lounges worked consistently then I'd still be playing but I get lag and 3 bar connections with someone who lives in the same city as me ffs. And there's no downloading or wireless shenanigans going on either side.

It's been fun y'all. I'm moving over to U4 for the time being.

Nah, SFV is dead next year. I doubt we will get another season to be honest.

Anyway, I just got back from talking with the grand overlords of SF (aka a position far higher than SFHeads) and they said this game is garbage, unbalanced, and broken. They also said we should definitely play any other fighter besides this game or we are wasting time. Lastly, they said MUGEN was, like, far better than this shit.

qcf x2

You should have made your point and bailed. SFV threads on gaming side are pointless.

The funny thing is that guy is so far up his own ass he doesn't realize how much bullshit he speaks. For instance, I have never, ever, ever played him in any videogame ever and he says "remind me to never play this scrub in a set ever again."

Really weird to say about somebody you've never faced. Mental illness is a thing though. Can't argue with somebody who makes up stuff all the time and then gets angry about being called out.

mbpm1

Guys, it's been a fun ride but I'm probably taking a break from SF for the foreseeable future. At least if battle lounges worked consistently then I'd still be playing but I get lag and 3 bar connections with someone who lives in the same city as me ffs. And there's no downloading or wireless shenanigans going on either side.

u4?

Do you have locals? There is life outside of the online scene if you have the location!

BadWolf

I still dig SFV and can see myself playing it for a while to come, though probably a lot less once KOFXIV hits (and it has good netcode).

Reading a lot of the posts I feel like I'm just super lucky when it comes to SFV's online play, get matched up with people super quick usually and the netcode is very solid the vast majority of the time.

Uncharted 4.

Uncharted 4. At least it works.

Do you have locals? There is life outside of the online scene if you have the location!
The only dude I know in my city lives like a 45 min drive away. The majority of the dudes live in another city. Online is the only reliable way we can be playing but Battle Lounges are still screwed up.

I guess I can still organize something but it just won't be the same as playing with everybody.

EDIT: I live in Pakistan btw, so there's no real club or hangout spot for us.

EDIT2: Btw, play Uncharted 4 if you can. It helps a lot if you've played the 3 games that came before so you're more invested in the characters and the story, cause this game legit got me crying at the end. The only other game that got me crying was Mass Effect 3 Citdel DLC.

Uncharted 4. At least it works.

The only dude I know in my city lives like a 45 min drive away. The majority of the dudes live in another city. Online is the only reliable way we can be playing but Battle Lounges are still screwed up.

I guess I can still organize something but it just won't be the same as playing with everybody.

I see. Have you tried seeing if there are locals in your city besides people you know? Shoryuken usually details where you can find that stuff.

Personally, I get bored of playing online. I like being around people. But that's just me.

Edit: just saw your edit. Hmm. Maybe I can do some quick research for you when I hit home. Even chilling at some dudes house with ten people could curb the issue. But that's only if you feel like doing that.

I see. Have you tried seeing if there are locals in your city besides people you know? Shoryuken usually details where you can find that stuff.

Personally, I get bored of playing online. I like being around people. But that's just me.

Edit: just saw your edit. Hmm. Maybe I can do some quick research for you when I hit home. Even chilling at some dudes house with ten people could curb the issue. But that's only if you feel like doing that.

I edited in my location in that post and any players in my vicinity that do more than spam cr.hk, I have contact with. And most of them can't spare the time for constant meetups since we all have jobs or universities,etc.
EDIT: Oh I'd love to do that. Sadly I haven't found any places. I'm in Karachi btw.

Well lucebuce I hope you still hang here at least, we'll miss ya :(
I'll try to hang around. Someone asking for tips against FANG is like the lucebuce signal, I will show up.
OMG I thought U4 = Ultra IV

no amount of shit online makes me wanna go back to that, lol
Oh God no. I'm not some sadist like KBrad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom