• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

FtHTiny

Can´t seem to find games anymore right now. :c

Also i had a guy with over 800LP more than me rage quit and i didn´t get the win nor the points. Feelsbadman.

Because we say it's May 11th, not the 11th of May.
That's fine and dandy, but when writing it down, why not put the day first?

The European standard is day/month/year

The japanese standard is year/month/day

The American standard is month/day/year

Just.... why?
not just America; Japan does it too

Don't the japanese just do it the complete way around instead of just shifting the day and month?

Skilletor

Just.... why?

Don't the japanese just do it the complete way around instead of just shifting the day and month?

Because that's not how we say it? lol. That would be confusing. Like it's confusing to you right now.

mbpm1

Just.... why?

bc we say may 11th like he said lol

Wonko_C

Over here we use DD/MM/YY, but I've gotten so used to MM/DD/YY (too much Internet does that to you) that I get confused when I see dates on my native format now. @_@

Serious talk though. What if Capcom announced the future DLC characters or at least gave a tease, at E3 or do you think we can expect that announcement at PS Experience/Capcom Cup?

Skilletor

Serious talk though. What if Capcom announced the future DLC characters or at least gave a tease, at E3 or do you think we can expect that announcement at PS Experience/Capcom Cup?

Definitely at Capcom Cup and/or PS Experience. Doubt we'll get anything beyond the S1 characters at e3.

Scotia

Banned

Capcom Cup seems like a good bet. All of the S1 characters will have been out for a while by that point which gives everyone enough time to get use to them. I think a trailer or a reveal at Capcom Cup with the first character out Jan/Feb is pretty likely.

EDIT: PSX is a good bet too. Either/or really.

Then do we expect more characters than 6 for season 2?
Last Year, Capcom Cup was at PSX. Maybe they'll be the same event again this year. I could see a teaser there.
And I expect this trend to continue, given how closely linked Capcom and Sony have been for Street Fighter 5 and will continue to be.

Capcom Cup seems like a good bet. All of the S1 characters will have been out for a while by that point which gives everyone enough time to get use to them. I think a trailer or a reveal at Capcom Cup with the first character out Jan/Feb is pretty likely.

EDIT: PSX is a good bet too. Either/or really.

Last Year, Capcom Cup was at PSX. Maybe they'll be the same event again this year. I could see a teaser there.

qcf x2

I think it's too early, considering Urien will be fresh around that time. Then again, it would behoove Capcom to trot out Akuma and Sakura footage to try and get some holiday sales. They should probably rearrange the deck for Season 2 and push out the mainstream characters first, with fan requests and design reboots later.

myco666

Funniest moment regarding wakeup CA for me happened when I was having a really close match with a Ryu. I had already done the wake up CA in the last match but in this second match, it was literally a whoever gets the next hit wins type of situation. He dashed up and then starting blocking, expecting the CA.

Only problem was that the intial hit chipped him out and I won.

Lol. That moment when you think you have a good idea only to play yourself out.

Guys I went in on that Nintendo humble bundle and SFIV3d is actually really impressive. Super fun haha.

Now pick up Guile and keep winning.

Skilletor

I think it's too early, considering Urien will be fresh around that time. Then again, it would behoove Capcom to trot out Akuma and Sakura footage to try and get some holiday sales. They should probably rearrange the deck for Season 2 and push out the mainstream characters first, with fan requests and design reboots later.

Urien would be 3 months old at that point (Capcup/PSX in December), and nothing else on the roadmap for this year. It would also just be a teaser. If they had the same timeline and had a new character for February, it would be 5 months between Urien and the next character.

Scotia

Banned

Forgot about that. Yeah, a teaser there is fairly likely.

Urien would be 3 months old at that point (Capcup/PSX in December), and nothing else on the roadmap for this year. It would also just be a teaser. If they had the same timeline and had a new character for February, it would be 5 months between Urien and the next character.

Beat me to it.

qcf x2

That makes sense. I thought there was a longer gap between character 3 and 4 for some reason, but it works out nicely for some shopping season hype potential.

Xeteh

That makes sense. I thought there was a longer gap between character 3 and 4 for some reason, but it works out nicely for some shopping season hype potential.

Its supposed to be a month gap between those two, since there will be no DLC character when they release their "improved" story mode.

So Vega has like no good anti airs huh.
BTW I just played a match against Necalli and I swear to God, I dashed In and used the command grab as Vega 4 times in a row.

Its supposed to be a month gap between those two, since there will be no DLC character when they release their "improved" story mode.

I think the only reason they are having the gap is because of EVO. They probably don't want to release a character at the end of the month since EVO would be 2 weeks after the release. They don't want any shenanigans that could be introduced by the new character to effect it and if it is a character people want to main it would most likely be banned anyways. It sucks that we aren't getting a character as I don't really care to touch the story mode (I haven't even done regular story mode with any characters yet) but I understand their reasoning.

Scotia

Banned
I keep forgetting Story Mode comes out next month. Makes me think Juri or Balrog will be the May character, seeing as they make the most story sense out of the remaining characters (although Urien would but I'm 100% certain he's last).

I keep forgetting Story Mode comes out next month. Makes me think Juri or Balrog will be the May character, seeing as they make the most story sense out of the remaining characters (although Urien would but I'm 100% certain he's last).

No matter how bad or good it is, I'm excited for this.

I wonder if they're gonna try and satiate arcade mode fiends by making Urien the boss of arcade mode.

Prolly gonna be permanent V-trigger Necalli since that makes the most sense tho

Scotia

Banned
No matter how bad or good it is, I'm excited for this.

I think I'm more excited for the NPC cameos than the story itself. I hope to see a lot of characters in this story mode, even if they're just easter eggs and not actual physical roles.

I wonder if they're gonna try and satiate arcade mode fiends by making Urien the boss of arcade mode.

Prolly gonna be permanent V-trigger Necalli since that makes the most sense tho

I'd love for Urien to be the final boss, but I'm 90% sure it'll just be V-Triggered Necalli.

Genki

Lol, searched for 20 minutes without being able to connect to a match. When I got one there was a second search still on screen, pressing cancel didn't remove the connecting message and I had to rage quit once the match started as nothing I pressed did anything. Server maintenance definitely required...

People complain about single player content, but I can't believe how poor the online infrastructure is. Or just how much waiting there is due to loading or intro screens etc. in general. Maybe it's necessary loading for PS4, but on an SSD on PC it shouldn't be like this. I watched some replays a few days ago and never want to do so again because of how poorly it's implemented... Hell it won't even let me delete my replays now.

K.Sabot

Come back to ranked after a few weeks, still getting rage quitters.

The cooldown period needs to stack, these people shouldn't be playing for at least a week by now.

Edgeward

So Vega has like no good anti airs huh.
BTW I just played a match against Necalli and I swear to God, I dashed In and used the command grab as Vega 4 times in a row.

St HK is good but space dependent and the timing requires you to hit it earlier than you expect. Very good in causing crush counters which you can use ex fba, CA or slide/f+HP if you don't have meter

Cr HP is good without claw. With claw you will trade more times than not. HP aurora would be good if not for the long start up frames so you need to be super early

Otherwise, use j, mk or throw if you can predict it and want to keep them in the corner

qcf x2

Laura/Ryu players:

Any advice for this matchup (as Laura)? Specifically having trouble not running into st mp all the time and dealing with his normals having superior range, but also generally speaking... ie I can't really meaty HK on wakeup because he has medium DP.

Also, specifically for Laura players, what are her situational anti airs and when do you use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom