• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uncharted 4 is about to consume me...gonna do a GAF room before my copy ships...

Small lobby of 5 for anyone that wants to come, I’ll invite people under my favorites as well

password 2687

Under ElisJah

Oh damn, Alpha Cammy fan mod dropped

YFIzUu1.jpg

anyone know a french gold laura named shakram? the saltiest player i've met in a while. he ragequits in casuals. now he disconnects at the versus screen when we're about to play. i don't know why i get matched up with him so much lately. legit gold. shouldn't play SF with a bonita costume if he can't handle my blonde mop.

another day with good matchmaking. i'm getting games within 30-60 seconds. now watch this shit break with the downtime.

met the weirdest ken. he kept walking back to his corner. if you got near it's always tatsu to the other side. the weirdest part was he would always v reversal when he had meter. i threw 3 booms from full screen and he absorbed them all with reversal, wtf.

mbpm1

So I fought a guy named damdai in ranked and was like "nah, that's not the real guy" when I saw the name come up.

I don't know why I thought that.

It was the real guy.

I'm happy I took two rounds out the two matches we played though

SephLuis

I think this input delay was made on purpose by Capcom.

I guess they wanted to keep it high to guarantee that the PC and PS4 versions would be the same. That said, people modded the game to turn off v-sync and change that, so I don't know if they will alter it in the future.

I, at least, don't expect any system changes until next year.

Edzi

I think this input delay was made on purpose by Capcom.

I guess they wanted to keep it high to guarantee that the PC and PS4 versions would be the same. That said, people modded the game to turn off v-sync and change that, so I don't know if they will alter it in the future.

I, at least, don't expect any system changes until next year.

I think it's very clearly intentional. The question now is should Capcom change their game to be more reactionary by lowering input delay, or stick to their guns with a more commitment based game (and is going one way over another really an issue to begin with).

I think it's very clearly intentional. The question now is should Capcom change their game to be more reactionary by lowering input delay, or stick to their guns with a more commitment based game (and is going one way over another really an issue to begin with).

The 8f delay is literally why I'm Bronze and not Platinum.

Fix this shit, Capcom.

Swarna

I can corroborate 4wude's experience going from PC > PS4. Shit feels like underwater. Even stock settings on PC are more responsive (though that could be due to the higher refresh rate support since SF5 can run in 120/144hz). It's weird when playing online at home feels more responsive than on PS4 locally. Whiff punishing is absolutely weaker across the board and it's a shit situation honestly for the gameplay. I think the gameplay would be more interesting if we saw more whiff punishing then we currently do.

One key thing I noticed in high-level tournament streams is that a lot of times people are not visually confirming their throw baits until after they throw out the first normal. Meanwhile I feel like I have all day to do it on the PC version. It's a lot easier for me to confirm stuff in general, like Ken's target combo (you typically see Kens like Chris T/Julio doing EX Hadokens when they screw it up).

I really want to try the game on PC now. I just don't want to spend the same amount of money on game/season pass as I did on PS4 already.

I'm running a acer predator 1440p 165hz gsyncG monitor and wonder how much he difference will be.

Exr

Is it me or is Zangiefs v skill to ultra weirdly hard to react to. Once they whiff the trigger and just use it to pull you in I start hammering jump but I still got hit...happened like 3 times. This was online with no lag. Just me?

Is it me or is Zangiefs v skill to ultra weirdly hard to react to. Once they whiff the trigger and just use it to pull you in I start hammering jump but I still got hit...happened like 3 times. This was online with no lag. Just me?

You can't jump zangief's super, if you are on the ground when the super starts you are SoL.

SephLuis

I hold jump back to escape the CA when I am getting pushed. It isn't safe since I can get punished by any attack, but it's better than taking the CA.

Edgeward

I got the capcom humble bundle and I have a few I don't need

Strider (don't like)
Bionic Commando: Rearmed (beat it)
Resident Evil 4 (have it)

If any regulars on here want it, quote this with the game you want.

Zackat

I really want to try the game on PC now. I just don't want to spend the same amount of money on game/season pass as I did on PS4 already.

I'm running a acer predator 1440p 165hz gsyncG monitor and wonder how much he difference will be.

It's worth it for some of the mods. :D I play both versions, and though the PC version is better looking the ps4 is no slouch. Same monitor and everything. Not as sweet as yours is, but still.

I'd wait for the inevitable season pass + game bundle that will come out later this year if I were you though.

unlocking all colors with ease is the best, no regrets

Edzi

As far as I understand it, the delay is the same on PC and PS4 unless you force vsync off on PC. I've heard Gsync basically treats it like turning vsync off so you'd probably get around 4 frames.

I got the capcom humble bundle and I have a few I don't need

Strider (don't like)
Bionic Commando: Rearmed (beat it)
Resident Evil 4 (have it)

If any regulars on here want it, quote this with the game you want.

I'd be down for bionic commando.

Mr. X

Use a greenmangaming code if you don't wait until stream sale.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Laura/Ryu players:

Any advice for this matchup (as Laura)? Specifically having trouble not running into st mp all the time and dealing with his normals having superior range, but also generally speaking... ie I can't really meaty HK on wakeup because he has medium DP.

Also, specifically for Laura players, what are her situational anti airs and when do you use them?

Re: anti-airs, HP elbow is good when you have a solid read. It's got a good hurt box so can catch most air normals no problem. You also have to be pretty late with it to trade.

Use st.mp when they're almost right over you. It's good for stuffing cross-ups and you can cancel it into VS. Forward VS after st.mp can make for a really nasty cross-under.

St.mk looks stubby, but is actually a really good normal both in anti-air and footsies. I get surprised how much it catches people jumping in from mid-long range.

I can't really give any specific Ryu advice. That st.mp of his sure is a party-pooper...
You have EX elbow for those who like to throw out normals and dance around in general, but it's very unsafe on block.

Seems like you definitely need to switch gears for Ryus who know how to keep Laura out. One thing you can try is stay at their zoning range while playing with different fireball strengths/holds and see how they react. Some get tired and start jumping in, some don't, in which case you can EX elbow them and start your mixups.

Shito

met the weirdest ken. he kept walking back to his corner. if you got near it's always tatsu to the other side. the weirdest part was he would always v reversal when he had meter. i threw 3 booms from full screen and he absorbed them all with reversal, wtf.
Probably trying to get the trophy for X vreversals.

//ARCANUM

Ok so I'm a rookie. Ranked 290,000 something. The game just put me up against someone ranked in the 9,000s with a 144 win streak. Lol wut. Is this normal?

Xeteh

Ok so I'm a rookie. Ranked 290,000 something. The game just put me up against someone ranked in the 9,000s with a 144 win streak. Lol wut. Is this normal?

Kind of. Though, with 144 wins he's likely a rage quitter which is sad in of itself... but yeah, that isn't really unusual.

With your previous question, I'd find out where the fighting game scene is in Austin and ask around there, there's bound to be someone around there that can do it.

//ARCANUM

Kind of. Though, with 144 wins he's likely a rage quitter which is sad in of itself... but yeah, that isn't really unusual.

With your previous question, I'd find out where the fighting game scene is in Austin and ask around there, there's bound to be someone around there that can do it.

Yeah good idea. The reason I ask is because I have a Mad Catz Fightstick Alpha with probably less than 5 hrs of use total and the square button is sticking. :(. I bought it over a month ago from Amazon so I can't return. Any ideas what else I can do besides modding? Is there an easy fix for that? (It sticks in the upper right corner, like it's hitting against something.) would mad Catz replace the stick for me?

Xeteh

Yeah good idea. The reason I ask is because I have a Mad Catz Fightstick Alpha with probably less than 5 hrs of use total and the square button is sticking. :(. I bought it over a month ago from Amazon so I can't return. Any ideas what else I can do besides modding? Is there an easy fix for that? (It sticks in the upper right corner, like it's hitting against something.) would mad Catz replace the stick for me?

As far as I know, I've never owned a stick myself, that swapping buttons out isn't very complicated or expensive. Someone else can probably give you a better answer, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom