• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm that does sound delicious.

Also that Valle video was HYPE AS FUCK
Uncle Valle always brings the entertainment. Whenever I see that video, I immediately get hyped to try and play a grappler, realize I suck at grapplers, pick my actual main/secondary and continue onwards.

Big Brett

Uncle Valle always brings the entertainment. Whenever I see that video, I immediately get hyped to try and play a grappler, realize I suck at grapplers, pick my actual main/secondary and continue onwards.

Hahaha I had a short period of time after watching Stupendous and Snake Eyez wreck it at WNF where I was determined to play Gief in V but that quickly ended when I realized I couldn't SPD reliably and I literally could not get his ultra out.

Skilletor

I've been frustrated with myself for the past few days, so I'm taking a week from playing SF5. Played some Dark Souls, picked up UC4.

Just need to take a breather, gain some perspective, think about what's frustrating you and what you can do do fix it. Miss playing a bit of SF5 every night, but also loving UC4. :D

Mediking

I've been frustrated with myself for the past few days, so I'm taking a week from playing SF5. Played some Dark Souls, picked up UC4.

Just need to take a breather, gain some perspective, think about what's frustrating you and what you can do do fix it. Miss playing a bit of SF5 every night, but also loving UC4. :D

UC4's multiplayer is sooo addicting and fun. In SFV, I'm so concentrated and focused to a point where it kinda stops being fun and becomes a chore (Which is a big reason why I don't play as much anymore... waiting until I get my motivation back) but in UC4 multiplayer... it's almost always a good time.

Steroyd

God, my fundamentals are shit. It's one of those hard realizations.

Yeah I decided to play some old capcom fighters, to see if there's anything fundamental I could learn, played SF Third Strike and dear god do I suck at combo's I can do Ryu's bread and butter combo and that's it, Gill is a dick.

At least I'm starting to appreciate anti airing with more than just DP, so there's that.

Menitta

Yeah I decided to play some old capcom fighters, to see if there's anything fundamental I could learn, played SF Third Strike and dear god do I suck at combo's I can do Ryu's bread and butter combo and that's it, Gill is a dick.

At least I'm starting to appreciate anti airing with more than just DP, so there's that.

I'm relatively new to fighting games. I got into them in mid 2013 with P4A. So, naturally, I don't have nearly as much experience as those who've played them their whole lives or even 09'ers.

One thing that's really difficult for me in SFV is when I get knocked down and my opponent is right next to me, I don't know what to do. Like I freeze up. Especially with Alex or Nash.

SephLuis

God, my fundamentals are shit. It's one of those hard realizations.

You two want to play later today ?

I could see how my fundamentals are and give you tips to improve yours. I really need to play some sets today to see how I am evolving.

Menitta

You two want to play later today ?

I could see how my fundamentals are and give you tips to improve yours. I really need to play some sets today to see how I am evolving.

I can't play for a week. I got finals this week and I left my PS4 at home. :'(

Also college internet is garbage.

I will take you up on your offer later next week though.

SephLuis

I can't play for a week. I got finals this week and I left my PS4 at home. :'(

Also college internet is garbage.

I will take you up on your offer later next week though.

Sure. Add me on CFN, my ID is SephLuis and send me an invite whenever you can play

Palom

If we're not getting a character in June in lieu of the story mode, then Balrog makes the most sense, so all of the Shadaloo characters are available for the story. I don't really expect anything else.

As far as I understand it, the delay is the same on PC and PS4 unless you force vsync off on PC. I've heard Gsync basically treats it like turning vsync off so you'd probably get around 4 frames.

I wonder how bad it will mess me up when switching from PC to PS4. I used to switch between PS3/X360 version of SF depending on who I was playing with but AFAIK that was only 1 frame so the adjustment wasn't too bad.

I consider PS4 my main console since I moved my rig out of the media room where I usually game at for the foreseeable future.

If we're not getting a character in June in lieu of the story mode, then Balrog makes the most sense, so all of the Shadaloo characters are available for the story. I don't really expect anything else.

This is what I am thinking as well. The fact that he is in the four kings stage but is the only not in the game makes most sense to me from a story perspective.

On top of that it seems like Claw is one of those characters with hidden potential. More than one pro placed Claw well within the viable space in their tier list.

Outside of his weak anti air, Vega is really good, also i am a crazy nut who plays Vega Clawless, only use the claw to poke and keep certain annoying characters like Karin at distance..

Outside of his weak anti air, Vega is really good, also i am a crazy nut who plays Vega Clawless, only use the claw to poke and keep certain annoying characters like Karin at distance..

Nah that's how I play him too, I'm too rushdown oriented to play defensive claw vega.

I love you.

978fb94139697f93f7f94d865e6780129f2977c9e756db07057cea3751ae42ca_1.gif

I think I've come to the realization that I should just stick to fighting games.

My execution is dropping so bad because I keep switching games. So I've made it a point to stick with arcade and stick compatible titles so I can get used to my hand placement. Even Uncharted 4 has to take a back seat and chill the fuck out.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
My execution is dropping so bad because I keep switching games. So I've made it a point to stick with arcade and stick compatible titles so I can get used to my hand placement. Even Uncharted 4 has to take a back seat and chill the fuck out.

My tolerance for design shenanigans in new school games has worn considerably. Also it takes a while to get used to stick. Hell I was an arcade kid and it took me a good few months to get comfortable just switching from bat top to ball top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom