• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcf x2

Not sure if you're a padwarrior but I've had the same issue at times with my DS4. Some sort of bluetooth prob that gets fixed by turning the controller off and then back on again. Hope that helps!

Nah I use a TE2, it wasn't the regular input lag, it was something I hadn't seen before or since. I'm not too worried unless it happens again, because it was preceded by a weird game glitch.

I think we should get a Canadian Street Fighter first.

He'd be a joke character like Drake/Dan.

What do you guys think the far-off-but-inevitable balance updates will be like? Will they tinker just to tinker or only adjust what they consider to be problematic stuff? Will people freak out if they make Ryu more middle of the pack? I think yes and yes.

myco666

Finally done with all Normal Survivals. Now I guess I have to do all the hard ones... Is that even enough for the 1million FM?

With a hockey stick. And He'd cover himself with maple syrup. He's the opposite of Hakan.

Does that make him stickier so opponents can't dash away from his grabs?

With a hockey stick. And He'd cover himself with maple syrup. He's the opposite of Hakan.

Every one of his taunts and quotes ends with "eh"

What do you guys think the far-off-but-inevitable balance updates will be like? Will they tinker just to tinker or only adjust what they consider to be problematic stuff? Will people freak out if they make Ryu more middle of the pack? I think yes and yes.

"Mika's passion throw is now +2 on block"

Mediking

I seriously need to stop complaining and get good. I'm the problem. Gotta master the fundamentals and have fun again. Cammy is tapping my shoulder and giving me that look.... Alright, alright. I'll start getting good for real. No more whining from me. I feel real motivation!

Last night it didn't find a single match. Just stayed on the searching screen.
I think this game will not have online retention like sfiv unfortunately. The matchmaking system is just bad. It was a rushed product and shows... Capcom needs a super sfv version to reignite interest for this game.

Edzi

They need to ditch the random mobile company they used for the matchmaking service and go with somebody better.

:/

Capcom intends to keep supporting the game for the foreseeable future, so they'll probably be open to making necessary changes as long as the community keeps being loud. They really need to step up their communication with the fans though, since it looks terrible that they're not publicly addressing the big topics that have the community talking. Things like the matchmaking or that 8-frame input delay thing are getting a lot of attention now (especially after that Red Bull article), so it's going to get harder and harder for Capcom to ignore community issues like this.

Skilletor

Capcom intends to keep supporting the game for the foreseeable future, so they'll probably be open to making necessary changes as long as the community keeps being loud. They really need to step up their communication with the fans though, since it looks terrible that they're not publicly addressing the big topics that have the community talking. Things like the matchmaking or that 8-frame input delay thing are getting a lot of attention now (especially after that Red Bull article), so it's going to get harder and harder for Capcom to ignore community issues like this.

Definitely. Of all the launch blunders, I'd say this is the most important one. They go on radio silence for week at a time until they're ready to drop a character. They have people with ties to the community, but they're not visible and not talking about it. Even just saying they're aware of the issue would be enough, or if the 8 frames of lag is on purpose, have somebody explain why. Maybe it IS to bridge the gap between offline and online play, but fucking SAY SOMETHING.

qcf x2

To all the Lauras who keep saying she's shit. Use her V-reversal more liberally

I use it until I get grabbed out of it. 2x in a row? 5x in a round? No shame over here.

I think handling rage quits should be priority #1, with matchmaking improvements being #2.

I seriously need to stop complaining and get good. I'm the problem. Gotta master the fundamentals and have fun again. Cammy is tapping my shoulder and giving me that look.... Alright, alright. I'll start getting good for real. No more whining from me. I feel real motivation!

Do it! Just remember, with Cammy if you are gonna go down, go down pressing buttons. They are so good.

ohkay

Don't drop playing Karin too, I think playing her has improved my Cammy

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I think this game will not have online retention like sfiv unfortunately. The matchmaking system is just bad. It was a rushed product and shows... Capcom needs a super sfv version to reignite interest for this game.

I think post story mode/season 1 dlc charactes, SFV will look like a much more robust product.

They need to seriously work on the general performance of the game. The stage lag, the graphics issues, the input lag. If the input lag was a design choice then they need to at least cut that shit in half. At the very least the game should be a rock solid 60 on ps4. The stutters literally eat inputs. It's not a good look.

Mediking

Do it! Just remember, with Cammy if you are gonna go down, go down pressing buttons. They are so good.

Don't drop playing Karin too, I think playing her has improved my Cammy

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll promise to work hard!

Anyone wants to play ?

My ID is SephLuis

You know... if GH actually updated the OT with our CFN info like he said he would.... then sharing ID would be alot easier and faster for online matches on GAF.

Baleoce

I've been playing Ryu since launch, and I did it purposely to try and get used to the fundamentals of the game with a good allround character.

I think I'm getting to the point now though where I'm comfortable with what I've learned (I mean, nowhere near good, just comfortable with the character and mechanics), and it's getting slightly stale, so I want to try something new and experiment. Just not sure where to go from here. Between art, champ, thegoldroom and gllty, I've really enjoyed watching high level Sim play. It seems like quite a daunting challenge though, but maybe that's what I need.

I've been playing Ryu since launch, and I did it purposely to try and get used to the fundamentals of the game with a good allround character.

I think I'm getting to the point now though where I'm comfortable with what I've learned (I mean, nowhere near good, just comfortable with the character and mechanics), and it's getting slightly stale, so I want to try something new and experiment. Just not sure where to go from here. Between art, champ and gllty, I've really enjoyed watching high level Sim play. It seems like quite a daunting challenge though, but maybe that's what I need.

'Sim is a truly different beast in this game. I actually think you'll have an okay time transitioning from Ryu to 'Sim, but remember nothing is safe and you'll be spending a lot of time trying to not get stunned.

btw, did anyone hit 10K (Flux?)

is it a long grind or are you generally being matched up with people that you can get a lot of points from?

I haven’t played ranked in a while, thinking of trying to hit 10K and get closer to Babybel so he can critique/play me in some sets. Players seem to respect you more when you got the points unfortunately, even though they know it doesn’t really mean anything.

cHaotix8

Welcome back man, how’d the tourney go?

Thanks! I ended up tying for 25th at Northwest Majors. Lost to Romance in the Karin mirror and some Canadian Bison in top 32. Made me realize I need to work on both of those matchups. x_x

NWM itself was a great tournament! Everything ran on time and there was plenty of casual setups. Pretty good for a 300+ man tourney.

Any lobbies going on btw? Ended up playing a friend from dfw lol.

qcf x2

I played a platinum Mika player in Battle Lounge, but unfortunately he didn't pick Mika. I was looking forward to it, too. I beat him soundly the first set (2-0) with Laura but he was using Necalli so that means nothing to me. However, I was thrown off by a sound glitch in the 2nd and 3rd set. When Necalli landed a super in the corner, the sound would glitch. This happened for sure in the UK stage and I think in the Brazil stage as well. I would have noticed if this was normal. Has anybody else experienced that or is my CFN/PS4 slowly quitting on me?

btw, did anyone hit 10K (Flux?)

is it a long grind or are you generally being matched up with people that you can get a lot of points from?

I haven’t played ranked in a while, thinking of trying to hit 10K and get closer to Babybel so he can critique/play me in some sets. Players seem to respect you more when you got the points unfortunately, even though they know it doesn’t really mean anything.
I thought you taking a break bro why you here talking about this game? You are addicted to an unfinished/unpolished game bro seek help...
jking bro. Keep owning these scrubs online for neogaf. Rest of us are too wack at this game atleast most of us here. :(

68v28Q.gif

Whales

Banned
wow, I get in a lounge with someone with a name I sort of recognize... play a match, then he RQs on my face as soon as he loses

turns out I remember him cuz he ragequit on me like a month ago lmao

I played a platinum Mika player in Battle Lounge, but unfortunately he didn't pick Mika. I was looking forward to it, too. I beat him soundly the first set (2-0) with Laura but he was using Necalli so that means nothing to me. However, I was thrown off by a sound glitch in the 2nd and 3rd set. When Necalli landed a super in the corner, the sound would glitch. This happened for sure in the UK stage and I think in the Brazil stage as well. I would have noticed if this was normal. Has anybody else experienced that or is my CFN/PS4 slowly quitting on me?

Had that in one of the few non-annoying matches today. It's silent after activation.

mbpm1

my fun factor is definitely reduced for some reason with this game

winning by doing all this smart stuff and not having fun is hm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom