• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played for about 45 minutes last night and faced a surprisingly good Platinum 'Gief. I almost had him a couple times, too.

I then spent the rest of the night watching Sabin's 'Sim. Dude puts on a master class each time I watch him. It's insane seeing some of the things he's doing. I keep needing to add more c.HP and drill into my normal usage as he makes them look really good.

BadWolf

I then spent the rest of the night watching Sabin's 'Sim. Dude puts on a master class each time I watch him. It's insane seeing some of the things he's doing. I keep needing to add more c.HP and drill into my normal usage as he makes them look really good.

If you are a fan of his then don't watch his sets against Fuudo and Daigo from last week -_-

myco666

Wow, amazing comeback and all, but that Karin turtle'd like fuck once they were one hit from winning, love how getting rid of chip damage puts people on edge.

Yeah I don't really get why she didn't start pressuring me considering how many free hits she got in already. Just throwing st.mk out few times probably would have been enough to beat me lol.

Big Brett

Anyone interested in organizing a GAF lobby tonight?

Decided not to go to my local as it's just too far away and inconvenient with my other plans this afternoon.

『Inaba Resident』;203515332 said:
For the love of god, someone please put pants or something on Cammy's story alt. Its so close to being an amazing costume but as is, it looks dumb.
Pants would have made it a good costume.

No-pants makes it "unique".

Ass >>> No ass

It is law by Capcom
tumblr_m3vxqkE22x1r8yaog.gif

Producer

For the love of god, someone please put pants or something on Cammy's story alt. Its so close to being an amazing costume but as is, it looks dumb.

Her win animation in that alt is something

Whenver you guys play Guile, always pick the story alt. That weird as fuck face staring at you is like the ultimate diss, particularly in long sets.

This fucking game, playing Claw, do his over head at perfect distance, not too far away, not to close to be grabbed, yet still get grabbed, sheeeesh..

Xeteh

My hands lie to me because I feel like I press buttons in the exact same way every single time but the combos don't happen... or do.

Necalli's s.hp xx mk stomp > c.mp xx lp disc is something I can break in so many different ways. Too slow on the c.mp so it gets blocked, too early so I just throw a random disc or the c.mp is on time and the disc is too late.

I've got true talent.

His leg has a hurtbox...

Gief's SPD makes it very apparent that grabs are possible on hurt boxes. It has to be one of the most frustrating things.

Whenver you guys play Guile, always pick the story alt. That weird as fuck face staring at you is like the ultimate diss, particularly in long sets.

that's why i haven't bought it yet. the premium costume is even worse at char. select. he looks so unhappy wearing that, he prob has tears behind those shades. so narrow and goofy looking.

Mediking

Yeah, no. Leave my waifu alone. She looks fine.

I'm... MOSTLY joking. Lol

DedValve

Banned
Any noobs up for some extremely nooby matches? I just learned how to do the yoga flam and yoga gale as Dhalism and feel great now lol.

Time to learn a few 3 hit combos and proper spacing.

Hyun Sai

GGs Hyunsai, at least I managed to not get 5-0d lol

great guile

Thanks, if the connection was not too bad, we can do it again another time...

Ryu's damage is insane lol...

Guile is totally different than before, the normals feel so bad except for a few ones, not to mention the increased recovery on sonic booms ^^

Steroyd

Fighting Gief's is hard work, I thought I'd try something differet from the usual hit and run tactic, but nope do not deviate from plan A.

mbpm1

Thanks, if the connection was not too bad, we can do it again another time...

Ryu's damage is insane lol...

Guile is totally different than before, the normals feel so bad except for a few ones, not to mention the increased recovery on sonic booms ^^
I didnt want to believe it, but his normals really are meh

Big Brett

OK guys, lobby is up for tonight's GAF fight night! Or whatever. I'd like to make it a "thing." Would be fun.

My CFN: TheBigBrett
PW: 1336

Gonna ask anyone with four wins in a row to kindly place themselves in the back of the queue so other people can get a chance to get in on the games quicker. This is meant to be more casual fun than serious, but of course it's a great place to learn some new tech and practice your new characters in a friendly environment. I'd say if anyone wants feedback, this will be a good time to ask!

I might end up streaming these in the future if there's interest.

Big Brett

OK guys, lobby is up for tonight's GAF fight night! Or whatever. I'd like to make it a "thing." Would be fun.

My CFN: TheBigBrett
PW: 1336

Gonna ask anyone with four wins in a row to kindly place themselves in the back of the queue so other people can get a chance to get in on the games quicker. This is meant to be more casual fun than serious, but of course it's a great place to learn some new tech and practice your new characters in a friendly environment. I'd say if anyone wants feedback, this will be a good time to ask!

I might end up streaming these in the future if there's interest.

Two spots open! This is way better than when I sat in an empty lobby for like an hour last week lmao

Big Brett

During the first round I backed off because he stopped moving, thought he was lagging or something and I GOT BODIED.

hahaha too polite for your own good.

BTW Lobby is full'd up now! If you want in quote me here and i'll invite you once a spot opens!

Xeteh

hahaha too polite for your own good.

Its fine, he destroyed me the second round. Apparently using wake up DP is super hard for me, I tried to do it a couple of times but it didn't come out. Made me sad. I drop a lot of shit with Necalli, I'm having a blast playing him though.

During the first round I backed off because he stopped moving, thought he was lagging or something and I GOT BODIED.
My bad the stick got disconnected. Wasn't trying to sandbag or disrespect. If it happens again show no mercy pls.

Its fine, he destroyed me the second round. Apparently using wake up DP is super hard for me, I tried to do it a couple of times but it didn't come out. Made me sad. I drop a lot of shit with Necalli, I'm having a blast playing him though.
Are his DPs invulnerable on startup?

Xeteh

My bad the stick got disconnected. Wasn't trying to sandbag or disrespect. If it happens again show no mercy pls.

Nah, its fine. I didn't take offense or anything. I just saw you stop reacting to anything and backed off. That was just the last moment I had any momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom