• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

lol nothing like that. You almost missed the countdown again though

Fucking hell. Yeah, I've missed a couple at this point because I thought a had a match of buffer and someone bailed out. I'm the worst.

GGs though, thanks for playing an alt during those sets.

Holy Shit, Me and Sagat have the same birthday!!

Name: Sagat
Height: 226cm
Weight: 78kg
Blood type: B
Birthday: July 2
Origin: Thai
Dislikes: Cowards, Shoryuken

Big Brett

Night Brett, thanks for hosting.

No prob!

In the future if this actually becomes a thing we may want to do a like bronze-silver lobby and a gold+ lobby since the lobby was consistently at 8 players but had a sort of all over the place rank haha. I personally don't mind facing gold players, I feel like I learn a lot, but for some it might not be as fun.

Xeteh

No prob!

In the future if this actually becomes a thing we may want to do a like bronze-silver lobby and a gold+ lobby since the lobby was consistently at 8 players but had a sort of all over the place rank haha. I personally don't mind facing gold players, I feel like I learn a lot, but for some it might not be as fun.

Hah, I'm the opposite. I feel like I learn from Gold+ players when we're talking between matches but random sets in a huge lobby I feel like I get destroyed without being able to understand why.

I really like talking with people between matches even if its just garbage, its fun. I know I'm bad. Qfc x2 has been someone who has destroyed me in matches and has told me how to improve.

hubang

Neo Member
Hah, I'm the opposite. I feel like I learn from Gold+ players when we're talking between matches but random sets in a huge lobby I feel like I get destroyed without being able to understand why.

I really like talking with people between matches even if its just garbage, its fun. I know I'm bad. Qfc x2 has been someone who has destroyed me in matches and has told me how to improve.

Is there a party chat going? Seems most of us are PSN.

Xeteh

How much time do you guys spend training? I give myself an hour and 1/2 for one day, and real bouts days in between.

A ton, but I'm shit. I try to learn my combos... but you quickly realize that landing a combo in training is a hell of a lot different from landing it in a match.

Astrael

The power on my block went out right as my turn was coming up, guess it was a good sign to get to the store before it closed for some food :)

Edzi

GGs HanksB. We were having some good sets, but then you revealed your true nature as a Mika player and everything I know about the game just went out the window. :p

GGs Edzi. I really gotta stop trying to AA cross ups, and just block. Especially against Ryu with his dmg. My Nash AA's are kinda crappy in general though.

Edzi

GGs Edzi. I really gotta stop trying to AA cross ups, and just block. Especially against Ryu with his dmg. My Nash AA's are kinda crappy in general though.

You were getting some serious mileage out of his standing jab as an AA, which I haven't really seen before.

GGs HanksB. We were having some good sets, but then you revealed your true nature as a Mika player and everything I know about the game just went out the window. :p

Unleashed the muscle spirit :^)

You were getting some serious mileage out of his standing jab as an AA, which I haven't really seen before.

Yeah, but I kept trying to use it on the cross up and that just wasn't working. I should probably test out jump back jab or air throw.

Holy Shit, Me and Sagat have the same birthday!!

Name: Sagat
Height: 226cm
Weight: 78kg
Blood type: B
Birthday: July 2
Origin: Thai
Dislikes: Cowards, Shoryuken

Lets take a moment to reexamine his height and weight. He's suppose to be 7 feet 5 inches tall and weigh about 172 pounds. I'm 5'7 and 165 pounds right now. I'm a bit on the chubby side but not a fat guy by any means. Sagat is suppose to be nearly 2 feet taller while weighing only 7 pounds more even though he looks as muscular as the guy who plays The Mountain from Game of Thrones. And that dude is 6'9 390 pounds.

It does look like everybody has been lifting in SFV and has gotten heavier now though. Ryu was listed 150 nearly his entire life but he's 187 in SFV now. If Sagat is in SFV, he shouldn't be listed any lower than 300. That would at least put him in Yao Ming tier, and he's packing a fair bit more muscle than Yao.

hubang

Neo Member
Nah, i'm done for tonight. Next time though. You play Karin right? I think it was you, Astrael, and ironfolgore who played her.

Yep, feel free to add me and hit me up anytime I'm on. Sadly haven't had much time to play lately. Same CFN/PSN/Steam name as here.

Lets take a moment to reexamine his height and weight. He's suppose to be 7 feet 5 inches tall and weigh about 172 pounds. I'm 5'7 and 165 pounds right now. I'm a bit on the chubby side but not a fat guy by any means. Sagat is suppose to be nearly 2 feet taller while weighing only 7 pounds more even though he looks as muscular as the guy who plays The Mountain from Game of Thrones. And that dude is 6'9 390 pounds.

It does look like everybody has been lifting in SFV and has gotten heavier now though. Ryu was listed 150 nearly his entire life but he's 187 in SFV now. If Sagat is in SFV, he shouldn't be listed any lower than 300. That would at least put him in Yao Ming tier, and he's packing a fair bit more muscle than Yao.
Gotta stay agile for that Muay Thai.

He will most likely have "gained weight" for SFV.

Here's his artwork for SFV.

sagat.jpg

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";203584113]ibuki when

v2zwyr.gif

She better have the grounded kunai in SFV.[/QUOTE]Ibuki's coming out after EVO. Be prepared.

I swear to Aisha, if they don't show a trailer for Ibuki after the grand finals of EVO!

qcf x2

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";203584113]ibuki when

v2zwyr.gif

She better have the grounded kunai in SFV.[/QUOTE]

Please don't reference SF4 Ibuki unless as an example of what NOT to do with the character. Gonna go throw up now.

GGs all around guys.

Hyun Sai

Yeah, I thought so, but I definitely won't do those 8 man lobbies in the future lol... Feels like too much time wasted, unless you can have several matches happening at the same time.

I prefer largely long sets even if I'm taking a beating against the same player, I learn much more that way.

Please don't reference SF4 Ibuki unless as an example of what NOT to do with the character. Gonna go throw up now.

Omega Ibuki is more like sfxt ibuki with busted frame data and a grounded kunai. Not like you were paying attention though.

I posted that because Omega mode is full of sfv proof of concept stuff.

No prob!

I recommend against that...Play strong players, you’ll learn much faster.

Big Brett

OK so last night was a ton of fun. There's already a Fighting Game GAF Discord, but is there any interest in a SFV GAF Discord? I feel like we're a pretty tight knit community here, and it'd be a good way to communicate instead of this being our personal chatroom haha

Know what, I'm just gonna do it. Join up if you're interested. If there's enough interest, I'll start doing design stuff or whatever. Maybe Garret Hawke would be interested in putting it in the OP if it takes off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom