• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
At a certain point Capcom should just outsource new costumes and models to modders, since a lot of their work puts their own to shame. Hell the only reason I even picked up Alex is because of the godlike SF3 mod someone made for him. I can't NOT play the dude when he looks like this.

wW44Y5L.jpg

VariantX

we got an old remake before

6f9820abf406972b842cd1182e1897b0.gif

why not another?

looking forward to mike ross challenging him to a mirror match of the new unreleased character combo has been using behind the scenes forever

Im hopeful we're getting a good number of these mixed in with new ones. Gen's A2 stage is definitely one that absolutely deserves a remake.

Edzi

Come on guys, lets be real. That costume isn't even close to being modeled as well as the in game stuff, you just like it more because it's using his classic design (which I'm sure there'll be a premium costume of eventually).

Modders making better alt costumes than Capcom... smh..

It was more of a blanket statement taking into account some of the stuff for SFIV as well. The choices for SFV aren't much atm aside from PFunk's Alex and Q, and the Zangief Fullmetal Alchemist one if you're into that.

As for that model being better than vanilla Alex I really do believe that. Some of the vanilla models in game are great, but Alex's isn't one of them. Mostly in his face. Alex looks really goofy in a bad way and his hair is something awful. Not Ken tier, but not much higher than it either. Plus the texture work on that jacket in-game is a lot prettier than the odd pajama set he's wearing otherwise. Hell I didn't even PLAY 3S, and I didn't like Alex prior to playing him because I was salty he was in and not Abel. I just really dig that model.

qcf x2

What does that even mean? I haven't played the PC version but going by that pic it looks better than the actual Alex model's face/outfit, regardless of if it has more of this or less of that. Aesthetically it looks much better.

About the SFA2 stage, yeah okay... maybe on PS5 they'll be able to get that level of animation + weather going and keep a stable frame rate.

Moaradin

At a certain point Capcom should just outsource new costumes and models to modders, since a lot of their work puts their own to shame. Hell the only reason I even picked up Alex is because of the godlike SF3 mod someone made for him. I can't NOT play the dude when he looks like this.

SFV Alex looks better than that.

SF3 Alex looks off. The textures are too low res. And the facial animations look weird.

What does that even mean? I haven't played the PC version but going by that pic it looks better than the actual Alex model's face/outfit, regardless of if it has more of this or less of that. Aesthetically it looks much better.

About the SFA2 stage, yeah okay... maybe on PS5 they'll be able to get that level of animation + weather going and keep a stable frame rate.

PC exclusive stage then. :)

--

What's up with Akuma's concept art for SFV... I mean, he looks more like Oni from SFIV than the normal Akuma style... which he then randomly reverts to post SFV for SFIII?

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
This is going to sound like an absolutely stupid question, and probably is, but when you guys look at videos how to you focus on stuff to practice and improve on? I'm looking at some matches between me and a Ryu and it's hard to narrow it down to something concrete to actually practice (other than 'stop pressing buttons jesus' which is less a training mode thing and more something to shout at myself during a match). Like I know I'm doing stuff horribly, horribly wrong but it's hard to figure out the exact steps or whatever to try and improve.

I'm such an idiot for deleting SFV when Ibuki might be on the way lol.
His classic should have been a day 1 premium. Guile definitely got the better deal costume-wise.

Femto.

lol PC is the wrong platform for a paid costume color unblock considering the 1 stage survival mod

If I hadn't already bought the season pass on PS4 I would have switched over to PC because of this.

Is online fucked up right now? It takes forever to find matches and when I find one it takes forever to connect, dropping the match.

Only played one game in the past 20 minutes.

Mediking

This is going to sound like an absolutely stupid question, and probably is, but when you guys look at videos how to you focus on stuff to practice and improve on? I'm looking at some matches between me and a Ryu and it's hard to narrow it down to something concrete to actually practice (other than 'stop pressing buttons jesus' which is less a training mode thing and more something to shout at myself during a match). Like I know I'm doing stuff horribly, horribly wrong but it's hard to figure out the exact steps or whatever to try and improve.

Focus on stuff you got punished on and need to push out faster. Is your anti-air game good? Work on that. Is your defense kinda sloppy? Work on blocking more. And pressing buttons isn't exactly a bad thing. You kinda wanna overwhelm your opponent in SFV.

LakeEarth

Faced SnakeEyes who picked Ryu, who moped the floor with me. I took a round, but I've picked Alex who is an explosive character. For the most part he out poked me, and read me like a book with his fireball timing and pokes. And unlike most people, he actually punished blocked flash chops every time!

Very exciting.

Steroyd

Yeah when reviewing and you've improved so much from Scrub level at day 1 it starts to become subtler things to pay attention like "am I respecting other player too much by blocking too long" "can I jab him out of his block string" "can I bait opponent to do x-move" or "HE HAS FULL METER" "could I have dashed in and grabbed" "is my spacing and angles perfect" and so on.

Edzi

For fucking what? Seriously? Matchmaking will still suck, there's no new character... for what reason will the servers be down?

Capcom, please, just communicate with us. Make Combofiend talk to the fans and give regular updates or something, isn't that why you hired him?

FluxWaveZ

We'll probably get our character this week.

Yes, but with other video games, a long ass maintenance like this would mean the game would go back up with that character. Here, we'll be waiting for seven hours and the game will perform exactly the same and look exactly the same on our front end as it did before it went down.

Yes, but with other video games, a long ass maintenance like this would mean the game would go back up with that character. Here, we'll be waiting seven hours and the game will perform exactly the same and look exactly the same on our front end as it did before it went down.
They gotta give the one and only guy monitoring the servers a break yo.

What's up with Capcom's lack of communication? They know who is next on the roster, so what's the harm in making it official and telling us something to get excited and talk about? Let us know a little about the changes made and the new stuff...something.

Just like when they waited until the end of the month for Alex, they could have at least told us that was going to happen. Now we simply assume new characters will be at the end of every month but it shouldn't be that way. Pretty poor way to treat your fans, imo.

paolo11

Faced SnakeEyes who picked Ryu, who moped the floor with me. I took a round, but I've picked Alex who is an explosive character. For the most part he out poked me, and read me like a book with his fireball timing and pokes. And unlike most people, he actually punished blocked flash chops every time!

Very exciting.

How does he punish flash chops?

qcf x2

Very exciting.

That's awesome, I assume this was ranked? Of course he knew to punish Alex's chops, he knows the character after all!

I have yet to run into any obvious pros since release date (got mopped by NuckleDu in the beta but that doesn't count) but I did just learn some new tech from a Mika player.

If anybody wants to fight my day 2 Karin let me know.

That's awesome, I assume this was ranked? Of course he knew to punish Alex's chops, he knows the character after all!

I have yet to run into any obvious pros since release date (got mopped by NuckleDu in the beta but that doesn't count) but I did just learn some new tech from a Mika player.

If anybody wants to fight my day 2 Karin let me know.
Yeah, sure. AdversaryOne.

What's up with Capcom's lack of communication? They know who is next on the roster, so what's the harm in making it official and telling us something to get excited and talk about? Let us know a little about the changes made and the new stuff...something.

Just like when they waited until the end of the month for Alex, they could have at least told us that was going to happen. Now we simply assume new characters will be at the end of every month but it shouldn't be that way. Pretty poor way to treat your fans, imo.
Tell people, and they will tune out until their character drops. This way, you are all sitting around talking about it with excitement.

LakeEarth

How does he punish flash chops?

It's -4, so he uses standing light kick. I'm sure I could've spaced it out better, but that light does have a decent amount of forward reach, most characters can't punish it due to its range and pushback. Some characters can hit it, but most players online don't know.

And it was casuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom