• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that think Cammy is pretty easy to read/handle?

Maby its just my opponents but I don't remember the last time I got outplayed or even lost vs one.

It feels like she's missing something and I can't put my finger on what.

LakeEarth

Yeah, last month they made Ryu and Chun's story mode costumes free. As a "we're sorry we launched 4 months too soon" consolation prize.

Mediking

Maby its just my opponents but I don't remember the last time I got outplayed or even lost vs one.

Cammy needs a projectile. :(

Shito

I don't know, we have a pretty decent Cammy at work and her shimmy game is reaaally scary. I feel like people who play her kinda like how Alex Valle plays Ryu are quite hard to handle...
Then again, I'm playing characters who don't have an invincible reversal. ^^

I don't know, we have a pretty decent Cammy at work and her shimmy game is reaaally scary. I feel like people who play her kinda like how Alex Valle plays Ryu are quite hard to handle...
Then again, I'm playing characters who don't have an invincible reversal. ^^

Yea It might be the players on my rating that aren't too good but it feels like its so easy to see how to block and counter her attacks, looks like Cammys just throws random stuff out and hope for the best. Even Poongko plays like that.

Skilletor

Yea It might be the players on my rating that aren't too good but it feels like its so easy to see how to block and counter her attacks, looks like Cammys just throws random stuff out and hope for the best. Even Poongko plays like that.

Really don't think anything Poongko does is "random."

Can't really afford to be random with 900 health and a reversal with 37 frames of recovery.

FluxWaveZ

Cammy would probably be one of the characters who absolutely CAN'T just throw random stuff out and hope for the best. That health isn't anything to toy with.

Neoxon

Cammy would probably be one of the characters who absolutely CAN'T just throw random stuff out and hope for the best. That health isn't anything to toy with.
Isn't she the type of character where you have to commit to your decisions in-game?

FluxWaveZ

Isn't she the type of character where you have to commit to your decisions in-game?

Sure, though that's a bit vague. A bunch of characters would fit that description, like Mika, Karin, Zangief, Laura... Characters who basically revolve around close-range offense and who can't stay back doing stuff, needing to take some risks to get their stuff going.

Cammy ruins my life, they always catch me pressing buttons which leads into easy confirms and 30%+ damage.
Also that walk forward st LP nonsense feels hard to interrupt.

I'm hoping Juri is going to have an interesting playstyle because I really do want to not suck with her like I did in IV. Mika is a nice main but now I need Juri or Ibuki, lol.

hamchan

Is Capcom aware of the higher input lag in SF5 compared to USF4? Are they going to patch this.....

No probably not. Seems a bit late to patch it now that everyone is used to it on PS4. The PC version with V-sync off with forever remain the most responsive version of the game.

Steroyd

An overhead attack.

I have so much trouble with chrage characters like FANG and Bison because they're crouching the whole time and the only way to get in is via jump attacks, and godspeed if the oppenent can anti air.

An overhead attack.

I have so much trouble with chrage characters like FANG and Bison because they're crouching the whole time and the only way to get in is via jump attacks, and godspeed if the oppenent can anti air.
If you feel she needs an overhead, then you're not playing the grounded game nor using Cannon Strikes well enough. This goes for anyone who makes that claim. She has good normals and walking speed, making it relatively easy for her to set up frame traps with throws (and subsequently threatening with shimmies), never mind that Bison's ability to anti-air is anything but straight-forward. F.A.N.G fares better with the latter, but his fastest normals are slower than Cammy's and both characters lack good reversals when pressured, so she should have a field day when encroaching their personal space.

Then there's also how she controls the entire screen space against any projectile character as soon as she has her Critical Art.

After the reveal trailer
"_____ looks awesome I can't wait to play with them."

Week after the release
"___ is garbage tier, worst character in the game"

This is going to be a fun few months.

Shito

After the reveal trailer
"_____ looks awesome I can't wait to play with them."

Week after the release
"___ is garbage tier, worst character in the game"

This is going to be a fun few months.
The sample size of your data is way too small to be making such a bold claim, though. ^^

Spuck-uk

Banned

Play someone with good footsies and you'll change your mind quickly. Hell just go and find replays of Cobelcog. She has incredible footsies, frame traps and whiff punishing, not to mention one of the only true meterless reversals in the game.

hamchan

Why shouldn't a successful AA lead to a free mix up?

The one jumping is the one taking the risk trying to get massive damage after all. If the jump fails they deserve to be punished.

AdanVC

HOW DARE YOU!

Looks awesome!

I'm jelly of those art skills; you should post that in the neogaf drawing a day thread too.

Absolutely amazing.

That's some pretty rad art. Please post any more if you get inspired again.

This is great, thanks for sharing. :)

Beautiful posts...welcome to the community.

Ahhhhh guys y'all just made my week! Wasn't expecting this. Thank you very much! Super glad you all like it! Motivates me to keep getting better at SFV and draw more of the characters haha. Once again thank you!

Anyone in the 1000-2000 LP range wanna add me on CFN? My handle is Jimmy Zune, and I could use some friendly competition!

edit: My PSN ID is JimmyStav if that makes it any easier to coordinate.

Raitaro

No probably not. Seems a bit late to patch it now that everyone is used to it on PS4. The PC version with V-sync off with forever remain the most responsive version of the game.

This might actually be the biggest, though mostly hidden at first, thing Capcom did wrong with this game out of the gate, and one they are seemingly getting away with, resulting in lowering the bar even more than in IV when it comes to the game feeling as responsive as older sprite-based games.

I might be overreacting, but there really is no excuse that this game has a bigger input lag than any other modern fighting game (going by those tests from a while ago) just because it needs it (presumably) to mask its network lag / rollback. As such, the lag might be the biggest and the most core design embedded thing directly caused by the game's "always fighting online" focus.

I'm actually quite amazed that FGC people, i.e. the ones that normally pick up on such things quite quickly, did not complain sooner and louder about it, especially since most of the game's design and marketing seems to be targeting them. Or is it really not such a big deal after all?

Steroyd

If you feel she needs an overhead, then you're not playing the grounded game nor using Cannon Strikes well enough. This goes for anyone who makes that claim. She has good normals and walking speed, making it relatively easy for her to set up frame traps with throws (and subsequently threatening with shimmies), never mind that Bison's ability to anti-air is anything but straight-forward. F.A.N.G fares better with the latter, but his fastest normals are slower than Cammy's and both characters lack good reversals when pressured, so she should have a field day when encroaching their personal space.

Then there's also how she controls the entire screen space against any projectile character as soon as she has her Critical Art.

Her CA... I don't know about that, I got boped put of my CA with a Ken doing SRK after a Hadouken... Somehow and Zangief dropping with a J.hp when I used it as an anti air, there's a weird hit and hurtbox when she uses that CA and I want to know what it is. :(

I'm actually quite amazed that FGC people, i.e. the ones that normally pick up on such things quite quickly, did not complain sooner and louder about it, especially since most of the game's design and marketing seems to be targeting them. Or is it really not such a big deal after all?

This just shows it really isn't that big a deal.

Xeteh

Her CA... I don't know about that, I got boped put of my CA with a Ken doing SRK after a Hadouken... Somehow and Zangief dropping with a J.hp when I used it as an anti air, there's a weird hit and hurtbox when she uses that CA and I want to know what it is. :(

You were slow, then. The startup of Cammy's CA is 3 frames, it can punish full screen fireballs, especially Ken's.

Skilletor

This might actually be the biggest, though mostly hidden at first, thing Capcom did wrong with this game out of the gate, and one they are seemingly getting away with, resulting in lowering the bar even more than in IV when it comes to the game feeling as responsive as older sprite-based games.

I might be overreacting, but there really is no excuse that this game has a bigger input lag than any other modern fighting game (going by those tests from a while ago) just because it needs it (presumably) to mask its network lag / rollback. As such, the lag might be the biggest and the most core design embedded thing directly caused by the game's "always fighting online" focus.

I think as long as it's consistent, input lag isn't as big a deal as many would have you believe.

The reason USF4 on ps4 was a big deal is because it was much more input lag than any other version. People don't care if it's consistent between versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom