• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikirin

Is it possible for a meaty to beat a wake-up DP?

Generally, no, due to full invulnerability starting from its first frame as mentioned by other users. Moves generally don't recover fast enough either for you to be able to meaty then block if the DP comes out.

With that said, mayyybe some characters have normals that can reach far enough and meaty while low-profiling the DP? It won't stuff the DP, but it does allow you to bait and punish, if it exists.

Only if it's a non inv one

I'm surprised you don't know this like Ryu's LP or HP DP. MP and EX will be full inv from frame 1

Generally, no, due to full invulnerability starting from its first frame as mentioned by other users. Moves generally don't recover fast enough either for you to be able to meaty then block if the DP comes out.

With that said, mayyybe some characters have normals that can reach far enough and meaty while low-profiling the DP? It won't stuff the DP, but it does allow you to bait and punish, if it exists.
I knew that they were invincible from the first frame but I don't know what got in my head recently that they had only had upper-body invincibility.

I was wrong clearly.

Just to clarify I know how to deal with DPs in general and know they can be a good get out of jail free card in regards to frametraps, I thought maybe there was another way short of blocking it that also dealt with DPs.

I knew that they were invincible from the first frame but I don't know what got in my head recently that they had only had upper-body invincibility.

I was wrong clearly.

Just to clarify I know how to deal with DPs in general and know they can be a good get out of jail free card in regards to frametraps, I thought maybe there was another way short of blocking it that also dealt with DPs.

Do your own invincible move.

cheesekao

I really don't get why Capcom wants an in game zenny shop. Just toss the DLC up on PSN and have a "News Box" somewhere in the corner and be done with it.

Edit: Nevermind.

Baleoce

I'm reading that Prima guide and just reviewing some things to see if I can find anything I overlooked. Decided to look at Ryus normal notes and noticed: (regarding st.LK) "can be cancelled into from st.LP and cr.LP".

But, that doesn't seem like a cancel to me, it just seems like a link.

tariniel

How can Necalli deal with Nash's somersault kick in neutral? Is it possible to DP or anti-air it somehow? Air-to-air?

With Bison it's easy to v.skill reflect it but I don't know what to do with other characters.

How can Necalli deal with Nash's somersault kick in neutral? Is it possible to DP or anti-air it somehow? Air-to-air?

With Bison it's easy to v.skill reflect it but I don't know what to do with other characters.

You can DP, possibly cr.hp/st.hp (whichever works best) before it lands, jump forward with a neutral if you're predicting it or just block it.

Am I the only one that think Cammy is pretty easy to read/handle?

Maby its just my opponents but I don't remember the last time I got outplayed or even lost vs one.

It feels like she's missing something and I can't put my finger on what.

Bad Cammy's are easy to read/handle. Actual good ones can be a problem.

rec0ded1

No probably not. Seems a bit late to patch it now that everyone is used to it on PS4. The PC version with V-sync off with forever remain the most responsive version of the game.

If I pick this up on PC do I have to use a new CFN name or can I use my ps4 one? Speaking of, where the hell are the SFV PC bomba prices already? Everyone keeps talking about how it was a sales failure.

If I pick this up on PC do I have to use a new CFN name or can I use my ps4 one? Speaking of, where the hell are the SFV PC bomba prices already? Everyone keeps talking about how it was a sales failure.
Game's not that much of a bomba.

And you have to use a different CFN id which will have completely different DLC/unlocks.

Even if you use two separate PSN accounts on the same ps4, the same thing will apply.

LakeEarth

DP would probably net you the best results. Standing jab might work, but it'll likely trade.

Disktrasa

Banned
Can anyone confirm this; if you bought the season pass on eupsn and play on eupsn but have bought the game on uspsn it works?

I hope, but can't seem to get this confirmed :/

(i mean if the season pass works this way)

LakeEarth

I have no idea how tournament players can bounce around multiple fighting games in a day. I haven't played 3rd Strike since SFV came out and I still occasionally tap forward to parry like an idiot.

MrCarter

I'm amused at those who are saying Capcom are not aware of some input lag and want everything to be given to them on a plate. The game is highly playable even with this "lag" and any issues that they do have they will iron out as that's not priority at the moment. I mean look at USFIV on PS4, that was initially a mess but now it's probably the best version to date. In the next update they are implementing RQ and improving matchmaking which takes more precedence over a little lag right now.

Alucrid

Banned
maybe some nash players can enlighten me, but when i see a nash do a moonsault right up in my face so that it goes over my head and whiffs...are they trying for a read there? bad spacing? set up?

Skilletor

maybe some nash players can enlighten me, but when i see a nash do a moonsault right up in my face so that it goes over my head and whiffs...are they trying for a read there? bad spacing? set up?

Bad spacing.

I speak from personal experience. I try to do it in block strings and always land on the other side of my opponent, hhaha.

mbpm1

Lol I always think it's some weird setup bc sometimes I can't register it whiffed and walk into buttons after

2 games in a row with 40002 during loading screen for the games. Scared opponents or someone else experiencing server problems? (eu)

Trickster

Man there should be a mode where you can't play your 3 most played characters or something. Trying out new characters in non ranked is shit since plenty of people still use their main here. The enjoyment factor of trying a new character and getting matched with a 5.5k lp lvl 42 Ryu player is not fucking high

Edit - good god Cammy sucks balls vs Alex

This might actually be the biggest, though mostly hidden at first, thing Capcom did wrong with this game out of the gate, and one they are seemingly getting away with, resulting in lowering the bar even more than in IV when it comes to the game feeling as responsive as older sprite-based games.

I might be overreacting, but there really is no excuse that this game has a bigger input lag than any other modern fighting game (going by those tests from a while ago) just because it needs it (presumably) to mask its network lag / rollback. As such, the lag might be the biggest and the most core design embedded thing directly caused by the game's "always fighting online" focus.

I'm actually quite amazed that FGC people, i.e. the ones that normally pick up on such things quite quickly, did not complain sooner and louder about it, especially since most of the game's design and marketing seems to be targeting them. Or is it really not such a big deal after all?
Kim, logan sama, and, shady k discussed it on their podcast

https://youtu.be/xLqHwSiL6rI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom