• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

Haven't been keeping up much in the last few weeks....they still haven't announced May character or patch?

Who is in charge over there?

Strong defensive characters cause people to stop playing (see: whining), and when you have an arcade model, losing the re-buys is a problem. (Here, there's the "need to keep them buying new characters" problem.)

This is why Balrog will be command or hybrid this time.

Money bet.
Haven't been keeping up much in the last few weeks....they still haven't announced May character or patch?

Who is in charge over there?
Exactly what I was saying yesterday. You have to stay in communications with your fans.

I think the lack of communication stems from figuring out what they can add within their time constraints. The DLC characters, to me, don't seem like they are the issue, but whatever server issues they'll run into with each update. It might be this week that they are figuring out whether or not they can do it this run. That shit has to be perfect to avoid players losing real money, in addition to making sure the FM rate is on point and comparable for players while still making some money.

I think I've mentioned this before, but I don't expect any of the DLC characters to seem like they're quite on par with the starting cast (Fang aside) right out of the gate. To clarify, I mean they'd be in the lowest tier that the regular characters are in, not worse. I've had the feeling from the start that Capcom would release them playable and buff them all up when they roll out that end of year balance update. I can't remember all of my reasoning but a part of it is making sure you don't release a character that dominates a tournament after being out for a week.

I think that would have been the case, but Capcom has actual fighting game players on staff to test this shit out. I think they might have kept them weaker in some respects, but it's not like tier list are going to outright determine the course of the battle at high level player (beyond obvious matchups). The way things work right now, having a weak character isn't as bad as it was in SF4 or other fighters, where you basically felt completely fucked.

So they probably keep them a little nerfed to make sure they aren't dominating, but I don't think it's to the extent of keeping them unusable (not that you were saying that, but people have implied such, and it's not the case at all).

I think I've mentioned this before, but I don't expect any of the DLC characters to seem like they're quite on par with the starting cast (Fang aside) right out of the gate. To clarify, I mean they'd be in the lowest tier that the regular characters are in, not worse. I've had the feeling from the start that Capcom would release them playable and buff them all up when they roll out that end of year balance update. I can't remember all of my reasoning but a part of it is making sure you don't release a character that dominates a tournament after being out for a week.
It sounds like a great idea on paper until you realize you might be playing one of these DLC characters seriously. I don't even want to think about underwhelming Ibuki and Juri if they get hit by the female health tax.
He doesn't down-back all day or stay full screen.
There are plenty who play him that way. I've dealt with enough of them on ranked that I probably would have quit ranked even if ragequitting weren't a thing.

qcf x2

I think that would have been the case, but Capcom has actual fighting game players on staff to test this shit out. I think they might have kept them weaker in some respects, but it's not like tier list are going to outright determine the course of the battle at high level player (beyond obvious matchups). The way things work right now, having a weak character isn't as bad as it was in SF4 or other fighters, where you basically felt completely fucked.

So they probably keep them a little nerfed to make sure they aren't dominating, but I don't think it's to the extent of keeping them unusable (not that you were saying that, but people have implied such, and it's not the case at all).

Yeah that's pretty much what I mean. They're still going to be viable but Capcom I think may be taking extra precaution to not potentially make them obviously strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom