• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgeward

Could just be that matchmaking is pretty crap and while it tries to match with similar rank the search gets expanded and a larger pool of silvers and under are ultimately more likely to be found.

It was only today I noticed it. Most nights, it gets people within a reasonable range to mine or at least better if the discrepancy is gonna be great

Good thing I didn't stay up then

Remember when I posted a video of that March patch costumes titles "costumes for March" because I naively believed we'd be getting content like that regularly

lmao

Guys, it's ok. My Uncle's proctologist's cousin works at Capcom and he said that the next character will come at the same time as the story mode and Capcom is giving every body free costumes to say sorry.

Baleoce

I'd at least like them to go back to their once a week synopsis of the status of the game. But that got stopped VERY quickly.

It's disturbing, this early on in the games life. Just the lack of information circulating and interaction with the community in general is odd.

thelastword

Banned
I must say the latest server update really improved things for me, I don't know how long it will last though, I'm getting more games now and I have connection rate set at 3-5 bars, maybe it's because everybody is back on to see what was improved, don't know, but the biggest takeaway is that I'm getting games with a wider pool of players as opposed to being matched and playing the same guy in ranked over and over again.

They definitely removed certain restrictions in the match making and improved things, I played a tonne of guys from Europe, specifically the UK and France and these far-away connections were not laggy at all. I played a 5 bar Guile yesterday who is close to my location, we use the same ISP, the match was the laggiest teleporting crapshoot ever then, but today? connection was butter. Hope that this is sustained.

Momentary

Banned
What's the point of the season pass again? I feel like it's pretty useless. If they do another free for all, I'm going to try and request my money back.

Zerojul

What's the point of the season pass again? I feel like it's pretty useless. If they do another free for all, I'm going to try and request my money back.
As long as the Zenny shop is not up for next patch - and I sincerely doubt it will be but I could be wrong - they will probably let the next character be free for all, yeah.

As long as the Zenny shop is not up for next patch - and I sincerely doubt it will be but I could be wrong - they will probably let the next character be free for all, yeah.

Until the zenny shop actually hits, then you have to buy them with either FM or Zenny.

thelastword

Banned
BTW...all these tests were done on wireless......still on wireless......just testing out a theory. Eh! just played a guy (Ibolino) who always lags, apart from him and a Brazilian player, it's not bad.

I realize that even if you set your connection quality to 3-5 you still get matched with players below 3 bars....(Ibolino was two bars), which I saw in the rematch screen.

Zerojul

BTW...all these tests were done on wireless......still on wireless......just testing out a theory. Eh! just played a guy (Ibolino) who always lags, apart from him and a Brazilian player, it's not bad.

I realize that even if you set your connection quality to 3-5 you still get matched with players below 3 bars....(Ibolino was two bars), which I saw in the rematch screen.
No one should ever have to play on wireless. Not ever.

thelastword

Banned
No one should ever have to play on wireless. Not ever.
It's perfectly playable actually, but of course wired would be more stable. In this game, the bad connections are not necessarily just wireless players, but those torrenting and netflixing whilst playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom