• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is purely guessing here but I get the feeling the character may be announced today, the previous too had a 2 day window when they were released, Alex came 2 days after the patch hit, and guile came 2 days after something, was it a patch too?.
And if they intend to launch the character this month and not at the weekend, then today is the last day for a release this week, as a friday release would be on the cards, announcing the char tomorrow or friday would mean waiting over the weekend for monday. This is all assuming the 2 day wait period still applies.

It's hard to speculate when there is no rhyme or reason to the release schedule

i'm going by the 2 day wait period each character had so far, there's no day other than today (unless we are getting a weekend release) that they can announce them this month. A monday announcing taking the 2 day period into account would mean a June 1st release and thus missing the month.

Pompadour

i'm going by the 2 day wait period each character had so far, there's no day other than today (unless we are getting a weekend release) that they can announce them this month. A monday announcing taking the 2 day period into account would mean a June 1st release and thus missing the month.

Two times isn't much of a pattern.

The next character will be shown Sunday night and released Tuesday.

FiggyCal

Banned
Solid games. I realized that at the last game that I don't actually know what Necali's v trigger does. It was full every time I used it.

LakeEarth

Solid games. I realized that at the last game that I don't actually know what Necali's v trigger does. It was full every time I used it.

Until you start working on v-trigger cancel combos / pressure, I say just pop it the second you have some space. It makes you a better character, faster, makes some hitboxes better, better frames, etc. Get used to using it, it's one of his best assets.

this is purely guessing here but I get the feeling the character may be announced today, the previous too had a 2 day window when they were released, Alex came 2 days after the patch hit, and guile came 2 days after something, was it a patch too?.
And if they intend to launch the character this month and not at the weekend, then today is the last day for a release this week, as a friday release would be on the cards, announcing the char tomorrow or friday would mean waiting over the weekend for monday. This is all assuming the 2 day wait period still applies.

Monday is Memorial Day in the US, so I wouldn't expect much from Capcom until Tuesday if they keep up silence through Friday.

Pejo

I jumped back in the game last night for about 10~ random matches in Ranked. I was at Super Bronze, got matched with Golds twice in a row at the end and quit.

I feel like Capcom made a huge mistake by not putting daily Fight Money challenges in the game yet. For people like me who are getting bodied badly since matchmaking has a tiny pool, there's very little reason to continue playing online at the moment. In turn, that's just making the matchmaking pool even smaller.

Scotia

Banned
Hugo

A super giant wrestler, the mighty giant Andr...
H-HUGO!

hugo.jpg

Name: Hugo
Height: 240cm
Weight: 200kg
Blood Type: unknown
Birthday: May 19
Home Country: Germany
Favorite things: Poison, Potatoes
Dislikes: Being treated like a fool

A giant wrestler and ex-member of Mad Gear who works with Poison.
As a member of Mad Gear, he was responsible of numerous criminal acts.
Nowadays he travels the World to fight for various wrestling groups and federations.

Neoxon

Hugo

H-HUGO!

hugo.jpg

Nowadays he travels the World to fight for various wrestling groups and federations.
Not a bad redesign.

Z3M0G

Got this game at $10 on Amazon and it still feels like a waste of $$. SF is just not my fighter... I prever too many others over it. But $10 for a $80 game was too good to pass up... so since I have the physical I'll be trading it in today towards Overwatch or something.

cackhyena

Got this game at $10 on Amazon and it still feels like a waste of $$. SF is just not my fighter... I prever too many others over it. But $10 for a $80 game was too good to pass up... so since I have the physical I'll be trading it in today towards Overwatch or something.

k

thanks for the update baud

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Hugo

H-HUGO!

hugo.jpg

I would LOVE to see Hugo in SFV. Obviously. Would be interesting to see how they would change him. Best big man of all time!!

Order

Damn b you lost so bad you sellin the game

Big Brett

giphy.gif

Wow the games gotten worse after maintenance. I'm getting a lot of people from Canada and some South America from Florida. Very few from the US and they where lagging.

Hopefully daily challenges are up this or next month. And man, Capcom just put continues into survival so it's actually winnable. I'm looking at the million FM trophy with envy right now.

Plus casual player need a reward system. Daily challenges, an Arcade mode with 2 boss fights, a winnable survival mode, and a time attack/ladder mode should make the cut ASAP. Taking so long for them to do these little tweaks and polish up the game. Hurry it up!

And why aren't more costumes and items done? Capcom really should have called this early access. They could have launched much stronger and with the actual pay model in place. You know how many people would buy a $2 shirtless Ken outfit? $2 shades for Guile? Items and outfits are a no brainer here, time is money.

LakeEarth

Hopefully daily challenges are up this or next month. And man, Capcom just put continues into survival so it's actually winnable. I'm looking at the million FM trophy with envy right now. .
I'd appreciate it if they reduced Extreme to 50 matches, but just crank up the difficulty. 100 matches is mind numbing, especially considering that you're going to have to exploit the same AI hole over and over to be successful.

I only have 4 achievements to platinum, 300 CA finishes (which will happen eventually), watch 50 replays (ditto), beat Extreme with somebody (not looking forward to it), and the million FM one. Considering I've already vowed to only do Extreme once for the trophy (probably using Ken DP spam), I too will have to wait for daily challenges to hit the mil.

The fight money one is all I'm waiting on. I have 550,000 or so just now (I spent 40,000 on Ken's story costume and his colours 11-14), having done Easy and Normal Survival with everyone (plus Hard and Hell with Ken using mp.srk spam). I try Hard with either Alex (f+HP forever) or Rashid (hk.Eagle Spike forever) once a night but I'm not succeeding. I need more fight monies for that Platinum!

The fight money one is all I'm waiting on. I have 550,000 or so just now (I spent 40,000 on Ken's story costume and his colours 11-14), having done Easy and Normal Survival with everyone (plus Hard and Hell with Ken using mp.srk spam). I try Hard with either Alex (f+HP forever) or Rashid (hk.Eagle Spike forever) once a night but I'm not succeeding. I need more fight monies for that Platinum!

Seeing your avatar makes me want Dan again :(

It's always fun winning as a Dan. Sometimes it's even fun losing as a Dan if you make your enemy sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom