• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Hopefully daily challenges are up this or next month. And man, Capcom just put continues into survival so it's actually winnable. I'm looking at the million FM trophy with envy right now.

Plus casual player need a reward system. Daily challenges, an Arcade mode with 2 boss fights, a winnable survival mode, and a time attack/ladder mode should make the cut ASAP. Taking so long for them to do these little tweaks and polish up the game. Hurry it up!

And why aren't more costumes and items done? Capcom really should have called this early access. They could have launched much stronger and with the actual pay model in place. You know how many people would buy a $2 shirtless Ken outfit? $2 shades for Guile? Items and outfits are a no brainer here, time is money.
That would require Capcom to speed up development of their characters for potential bosses, unless they just use Bison & Necalli (& maybe Urien as a secret boss). Plus they'd have to get the voice actors back to record for the endings. To be honest, just repurposing the Character Stories to have random fights in between to make the Stories feel more like Arcade Mode may be the better course of action that Capcom can actually do in a timely manner.

I do agree about needing the Fight Money Challenges. I'm stuck on Normal for most of the characters that I don't main (I main Karin & Alex), sans Guile.

LakeEarth

The fight money one is all I'm waiting on. I have 550,000 or so just now (I spent 40,000 on Ken's story costume and his colours 11-14), having done Easy and Normal Survival with everyone (plus Hard and Hell with Ken using mp.srk spam). I try Hard with either Alex (f+HP forever) or Rashid (hk.Eagle Spike forever) once a night but I'm not succeeding. I need more fight monies for that Platinum!

I was able to get Rashid's. Eagle spike spam all day, EX eagle spike will get you out of the corner and might hit them for extra damage. Ryu will be your bane since he won't stop spamming fireball for a fucking second. I ended up using a lot of EX air eagle spikes on him. I'd hate to try to get Extreme Survival with Rashid, since opponent #100 is Ryu.

Fuck I think I'm falling for Laura's playstyle.

I played a bunch of sets with my friend, and it was so much fun doing some fat reads and sick throws all over the place. He's a little less garbage than I am, so I felt a little validated.

My Rashid is garbage, and my Alex is pretty ass. The only thing decent is Nash.

I need to stop switching mains.

I played a bunch of sets with my friend, and it was so much fun doing some fat reads and sick throws all over the place. He's a little less garbage than I am, so I felt a little validated.

BonitaNation is always accepting new applicants.

BadWolf

Try Mika, that is where true love is.

Seeing your avatar makes me want Dan again :(

It's always fun winning as a Dan. Sometimes it's even fun losing as a Dan if you make your enemy sweat.

Yes! I loved Dan in USFIV so, so much. Once he got those buffs to his close medium punch in AE he was amazing at putting on pressure up close. I liked the changes in Ultra too.

I was able to get Rashid's. Eagle spike spam all day, EX eagle spike will get you out of the corner and might hit them for extra damage. Ryu will be your bane since he won't stop spamming fireball for a fucking second. I ended up using a lot of EX air eagle spikes on him. I'd hate to try to get Extreme Survival with Rashid, since opponent #100 is Ryu.

I didn't even know EX Spike went through fireballs. I'm gonna try him again!

Hopefully daily challenges are up this or next month. And man, Capcom just put continues into survival so it's actually winnable. I'm looking at the million FM trophy with envy right now.

Plus casual player need a reward system. Daily challenges, an Arcade mode with 2 boss fights, a winnable survival mode, and a time attack/ladder mode should make the cut ASAP. Taking so long for them to do these little tweaks and polish up the game. Hurry it up!

And why aren't more costumes and items done? Capcom really should have called this early access. They could have launched much stronger and with the actual pay model in place. You know how many people would buy a $2 shirtless Ken outfit? $2 shades for Guile? Items and outfits are a no brainer here, time is money.
What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck? Do I really gotta download this shit again?

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I should be used to this by now but getting a near flawless connection from someone across a bloody ocean followed by a lagfest match by some Necalli in the UK probably 50 feet away is never going to stop confusing me.

qcf x2

I know it's passe but I saw the Woshige gif in the official GG thread and in retrospect it's just so fitting that he was wearing a SFV shirt when he got up to celebrate before the job was done.

:-\

He's complaining that they should, not saying they did.
The way he worded it confused me for a second there.
I hope they never change survival mode. I've already put in too much work to see them make it easier now!
I would probably feel this way had I completed hard mode with half the characters. It already makes me angry that we didn't even get fight money for partial completion. Survival mode should have been easy to balance. Even a gaffer could have thought up three types of survival modes that could be interesting, fun and replay friendly. It can't possibly be that hard to make or bugtest either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0gx85HrUlY

Man, I hate top players, I swear I can beat these guys and then I just play like booty cheeks the longer the matches go. Watching this is just cringe worthy, I made so many simple mistakes and could have took the set.

-_-

So disappointed I still can’t play with a calm spirit yet. Smh...At least I broke his streak. Gonna start inviting these guys to sets.

The way he worded it confused me for a second there.

I would probably feel this way had I completed hard mode with half the characters. It already makes me angry that we didn't even get fight money for partial completion. Survival mode should have been easy to balance. Even a gaffer could have thought up three types of survival modes that could be interesting, fun and replay friendly. It can't possibly be that hard to make or bugtest either.
Survival can go and eat a pile of poo. It’s ridiculous how long 100 matches take and the difficulty spikes are asinine. It seriously doesn’t matter what skill level you are since they are basically reading your attacks in the spikes.

50 matches should have been the hardest level and 100 wins should just have been an exclusive title and trophy. Either that, or put a continue option in the buffs you can buy between rounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0gx85HrUlY

Man, I hate top players, I swear I can beat these guys and then I just play like booty cheeks the longer the matches go. Watching this is just cringe worthy, I made so many simple mistakes and could have took the set.

-_-

So disappointed I still can’t play with a calm spirit yet. Smh...At least I broke his streak. Gonna start inviting these guys to sets.

Cool. I havent bought the game yet or seen Alpha Ken before. He looks good. Necali covered in bathroom tiles is... interesting.

FluxWaveZ

I see matchmaking still takes a goddamn eternity. I had an easier time finding matches in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax than I ever have in SFV.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";204684564]To be fair, P4AU is a much better game.[/QUOTE]

God, what I'd do for a PS4 port of Ultimax right now.

I feel like I've typed this like 5 times on this Forum.

Producer

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";204684876]PS4 Ultimax and UMVC3 and I'd probably never play SFV. SFV is a fantastic game and could be the most competitively balanced SF ever, but it's never been my main series. Hell, I came from Virtua Fighter.[/QUOTE]

Umvc3 is the best. A port + fixes and i'd play another 5 years

Sfv is pretty good too though

Survival can go and eat a pile of poo. It’s ridiculous how long 100 matches take and the difficulty spikes are asinine. It seriously doesn’t matter what skill level you are since they are basically reading your attacks in the spikes.

50 matches should have been the hardest level and 100 wins should just have been an exclusive title and trophy. Either that, or put a continue option in the buffs you can buy between rounds.
Fifty matches for hard mode was one of the worst decisions Capcom made in SFV. All of my pain, hate and sorrow is aimed right at it.
I see matchmaking still takes a goddamn eternity. I had an easier time finding matches in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax than I ever have in SFV.
This must be a serious issue because a lot of people keep mentioning it. Capcom better hope it's the servers and not the player community cratering.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Finally got the achievement for finishing 300 matches with ex moves... that puts me at 89%. I'm currently ultra bronze so next I guess I'll try to become Silver ranked.
I've also got 607k fight money... does anyone know if you have to have 1 million fight money all at one time to get the trophy, or do you just have to have earned that much?

Finally got the achievement for finishing 300 matches with ex moves... that puts me at 89%. I'm currently ultra bronze so next I guess I'll try to become Silver ranked.
I've also got 607k fight money... does anyone know if you have to have 1 million fight money all at one time to get the trophy, or do you just have to have earned that much?
How'd you get that much money and still be just Ultra Bronze?

Celcius

°Temp. member
How'd you get that much money and still be just Ultra Bronze?

Story complete with all characters
Trials & Challenges complete with many characters
Survival easy & normal clear for all characters, hard with ryu/ken/cammy, extreme with ken
Lots of ranked matches

FluxWaveZ

Funny enough as a super silver I keep getting gold and platinum players.

And as a Super Platinum, I keep getting Silver and Bronze players.

Went up against a player called Wolfkrone earlier who was an Ultra Plat, though. Laura's a pain in the ass.

mbpm1

Went up against a player called Wolfkrone earlier who was an Ultra Plat, though. Laura's a pain in the ass.

You're lucky he didn't RQ on you.

Assuming it was him, Wolfkrone is a known shameless RQer

qcf x2

Did he rage quit on you? I wish ranked worked for me, part of me would like to face known opponents. But I can't justify the grind especially with the high % of rage quits I suffer.

FluxWaveZ

You're lucky he didn't RQ on you.

Assuming it was him, Wolfkrone is a known shameless RQer

Did he rage quit on you? I wish ranked worked for me, part of me would like to face known opponents. But I can't justify the grind especially with the high % of rage quits I suffer.

Ha, really? Nah, he wouldn't need to rage quit since he won both matches in a row (well, I guess he could have RQed after the first round since I won pretty convincingly). I haven't actually ran into many rage quitters since the supposed fix, luckily; an RQ would have sucked if I won.

mbpm1

Ha, really? Nah, he wouldn't need to rage quit since he won both matches in a row (well, I guess he could have RQed after the first round since I won pretty convincingly). I haven't actually ran into many rage quitters since the supposed fix, luckily; an RQ would have sucked if I won.

He's a good player but RQer as well
He did it in SFIV too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom