• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

He hasn't but I'm questioning why he hasn't even bothered. It seems weird having this dead air and then a blog post and trailer shortly before the character is released.

Ah...yeah, it's gotta be because we know who the characters are. Not much to tease.

I agree that the silence is stupid. It's the worst part about this entire launch, imo.

Ah...yeah, it's gotta be because we know who the characters are. Not much to tease.

I agree that the silence is stupid. It's the worst part about this entire launch, imo.

I really hope that they really take feedback for their next season. The fact that it is the 26th of May and we don't even know who we are getting and when is bad enough. I don't want to make comparisons to other games but I do not know why they can't go the same route that KI does for their reveals. I thought they turned a corner with the better handled Guile info release but have completely shit the bed with this month's.

Clearly there are other factor at work right now that are preventing them from releasing information how they want but just having Combo, haunts, or someone come out and explain the situation would be nice and go a long way with the community. Seems like every other AAA developer (if Capcom still fits in this category) has a decent handle on DLC/Season pass reveals besides them.

Since SFV won't work for me and i have tried every damn thing but rebuild my OS, played some Ultra, fucking night and day, load time is great, Zangief is awesome...

DunpealD

Yeah, his are really weird. I find lk to be the only reliable AA, I get stuffed all the time when I try mk or hk.

Guile needs some tweaks for sure, though.

lk is fastest with 4 frames, mk is 5 and hk is 6. Each of them has upper body invincibility on startup and 3 frames of full invincibility the first 3 active frames.

To be fair. I always question whether it is me or the character, since I haven't played that much. Each character is like a puzzle that needs solving.

Did Ono ever tease a DLC character? He stopped doing teases after Laura, I think.

Ono and SFV peeps are probably on crunch since launch. Not really an envious position to be in.
Maybe the next update is something more than just a character, which is why they want more eyeballs when revealing it.

lk is fastest with 4 frames, mk is 5 and hk is 6. Each of them has upper body invincibility on startup and 3 frames of full invincibility the first 3 active frames.

To be fair. I always question whether it is me or the character, since I haven't played that much. Each character is like a puzzle that needs solving.

Ono and SFV peeps are probably on crunch since launch. Not really an envious position to be in.
Maybe the next update is something more than just a character, which is why they want more eyeballs when revealing it.

Additional challenges maybe?

Hitbox starts at his elbow. Headbutt invincible on last 2 frames to ensure it's worthless on wake up and trades with everything unless you throw it out before they even start jumping.

His regular headbutts are just supposed to be used in combos and as an AA. So they should be losing to meaties etc tbh

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
His regular headbutts are just supposed to be used in combos and as an AA. So they should be losing to meaties etc tbh

That's true. I'm more worried about him having bad buttons than anything else honestly. Seeing what the did to Guile doesn't instill confidence.

Their's a Zangief bot on Casual on the PS4. Fought him twice just now. Couldn't get any recordings as the replays don't show up in CFN.

Edzi

I wonder if they're going to reveal anything other than this month's character at Combo Breaker.

Maybe they'll announce that they've fixed the RQ issue, the store is ready, matchmaking is fixed, and that they'll communicate with the fans going forward. Maybe.

They did say it would be a surprise, right?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
We don't have any confirmation they're revealing a character, do we?

I though June was the break month no? Or was that fan conjecture?

Maybe they'll announce that they've fixed the RQ issue, the store is ready, matchmaking is fixed, and that they'll communicate with the fans going forward. Maybe.

Store/premium content would make sense. I'm not sure any of that would qualify as a surprise though.

LakeEarth

Almost like that's part of the design

The design was understandable in Street Fighter 2 where you lose out on certain buttons, but in 4 it also cuts you off from throws and focus attacks. And if they keep it for 5, he loses throws, whatever the hell his v-skill will be, and won't be able to activate v-trigger. It's a lot for a move with pretty limited use.

FluxWaveZ

I actually had a dream that I found a way to play Balrog through the game files and I was taking notes on his moves to post here. His EX Dash Straight was a command grab where he would grab the opponent, punch them twice with his other hand and then headbutt.

It's been a long wait.

Xeteh

I actually had a dream that I found a way to play Balrog through the game files and I was taking notes on his moves to post here. His EX Dash Straight was a command grab where he would grab the opponent, punch them twice with his other hand and then headbutt.

It's been a long wait.

I had a dream I got a pet duck and it was awesome. I woke up and there was no duck.

JayEH

grZAZ.gif

It's kinda weird how afraid capcom is to talk about Poison's gender when they're so inclusive with the SF cast in general.

I mean, you've got gay characters (Gief and Eagle), lesbian characters (Juni and Cammy and probably Juri), trans characters (Poison and M.Bison), furries (Blanka), rave orgy organizers(Gill), dominatrixes (C.Viper and Karin), S&M nuts(Doctrine Dark), feeders(rufus) voyeurs(Oro and Urien) and creepy stalkers (Sakura, Q and Vega).

Basically the whole spectrum.

Numb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";204765147]It's kinda weird how afraid capcom is to talk about Poison's gender when they're so inclusive with the SF cast in general.

I mean, you've got gay characters (Gief and Eagle), lesbian characters (Juni and Cammy and probably Juri), trans characters (Poison and M.Bison), furries (Blanka), rave orgy organizers(Gill), dominatrixes (C.Viper and Karin), S&M nuts(Doctrine Dark), feeders(rufus) voyeurs(Oro and Urien) and creepy stalkers (Sakura, Q and Vega).

Basically the whole spectrum.[/QUOTE]
you thought about this too deeply

Edzi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";204765147]It's kinda weird how afraid capcom is to talk about Poison's gender when they're so inclusive with the SF cast in general.

Basically the whole spectrum.[/QUOTE]

lol, you're reaching with most of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom