• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
That's the general community. I think Guile and Alex are fine.

I don't think there's anything wrong with liking new shiny characters but seeing people work themselves into a frenzy over a character only to drop them literally over the release weekend is just sad.

Renekton

HDkJ3kM.gif
Laura seems pretty low tier at the top level of play. Even Mister Crimson switched to yoga.

leroidys

Two dudes with charge moves from the 2D era in a row, I'm betting they'll do Juri (maybe Ibuki) next to mix things up. I definitely don't see them releasing Urien or Balrog next.
Yeah, this isn't great logic, but we don't have a lot to go off of.

hamchan

Two dudes with charge moves from the 2D era in a row, I'm betting they'll do Juri (maybe Ibuki) next to mix things up. I definitely don't see them releasing Urien or Balrog next.
Yeah, this isn't great logic, but we don't have a lot to go off of.

I hope so. Everytime a charge character comes out it's like "Oh boy, a character I'm never going to play".

Quesa

I don't remember if I posted something like this earlier, but this is why I was weary of the end-of-the-month releases when people said "well technically they have until the 30th/31st so they haven't done anything wrong." It doesn't allow for any wiggle room. They really should have, if nothing else, revealed who the character would be by now. Surprises don't work when you're already awaiting them and at this point. It just frustrates people.

Tripon

They just need to get though May, June is the story mode, July has nothing, then they can wait until end of August to release a character.

Neoxon

They just need to get though May, June is the story mode, July has nothing, then they can wait until end of August to release a character.
Actually we'll be getting a character in July. They only skipped June for the Cinematic Story Mode.

I don't remember if I posted something like this earlier, but this is why I was weary of the end-of-the-month releases when people said "well technically they have until the 30th/31st so they haven't done anything wrong." It doesn't allow for any wiggle room. They really should have, if nothing else, revealed who the character would be by now. Surprises don't work when you're already awaiting them and at this point. It just frustrates people.

There's two sides to this, though. On one hand, they really shouldn't have outlined the characters per month. That gives them only a month's time to finish shit, alongside all the other issues, which is presumably what's holding everything back IMO. When you have server problems and the zenny shop, you can't really just focus on the characters. I really seemed like they started work on characters a little late in the game, and thus, here we are.

On the other hand, the 30th/31st is what it is, no matter how much people want those characters. I don't mind, if they need it, extra time to hash out shit so long as it comes within the slated time period. I want my Balrog and my Urine, but until they actually miss the month, I'll withhold flipping out. Alex and Guile have both come out on time, so at least the track record is there.

This all being said, this month feels far different than usual. By now, we usually have a blog post about the character. And their big announcement at CEO is probably related to the characters. I'm thinking they've cobbled together something bigger than usual and would rather wait to show it off at their premieres over giving out the information.

I think that's horrible marketing, but I'm pretty sure it's probably due to the fact that they were able to shove more in the update than they thought possible and believed it better to ride it out until the weekend. If there are issues or delays, we'd a.h ear about them already, and b. wouldn't get an announcement at CEO. Or it's just Balrog/Ibuki trailer and release on Tuesday/Wednesday, with the Zenny shop and that's it.

Regardless, we only have a few more days, but I hope Capcom realizes that if they plan to do something big (or get more people watching CPT events), they need to drop hints throughout the weeks so people know what's up.

Perfect world scenario, we'll get the trailer on Sunday (or whenever it ends - it's Sunday, right?), and release of stuff on Tuesday and Wednesday, including Zenny shop, VS CPU, VS Special CPUs (I'd imagine they'd want to do this alongside that), and dailies. With the DLC packs found, it makes sense that this update would probably contain at least the DLC stuff with the zenny foundation.

But playing it safe, it's probably character trailer, release on Tuesday or Wednesday, and a quick snippet of their story mode trailer or something.

tl;dr: Hope for the best, expect the worst, but there's probably something coming.

March - Alex
April - Guile
May - Balrog was planned but it seems like Ibuki's taken his place
June - Story Mode (no character)
July - Either Balrog or Ibuki
August - Juri
September - Underwear man (Urien)

Spuck-uk

Banned
Can you even imagine how impossible it would be to beat characters like Mika or Birdie or Alex if they had invincible meterless options that they always have at hand?

EDIT: It's just one of the things that makes characters more "unique" in their playstyle. Some have DPs, some have command grabs, some are charge characters, and then there's Necalli that's all three.
Stupid Necalli

Birdie and Alex still wouldn't be top tier, Mika.. might be a contender.

Necalli might have all those options, but they're all worse then the equivalent from other characters. His invincible DP is 7 frames, his command grab is the slowest in the game at 8! frames with bad range and poor damage.

Yeah, necalli basically put all his level up points into unlocking new techniques and forgot about raising the basic stats.

His normals are clunky but have good frame data, his specials are awesome but have weaker frame data.

He's like bizarro opposite Seth. He has all the key moves, but he has high health and good walkspeed in exchange for tweaking down some of the details on his moves.

He's the only character in the game with a meterless DP, command grab, dive kick and fireball.

Birdie and Alex still wouldn't be top tier, Mika.. might be a contender.

Necalli might have all those options, but they're all worse then the equivalent from other characters. His invincible DP is 7 frames, his command grab is the slowest in the game at 8! frames with bad range and poor damage.
Alex has the worst command grab ranges iirc. You'd think he has tiny T-Rex arms when you see their grab range.

Capcom better keep their promise in Combo Breaker.

A long what we know already with Capcom adding Arcade, Vs CPU and Story Mode, I want to see Training Mode Revamped.

I want settings to be saved in general and not have them by default every time I start the game and not having to press Apply when making changes. In the command list, moves should show their frame data like in Killer Instinct and toggle a display for the hitbox.

For online. Fix the fucking netcode, replace connection bar settings with ping and add a region lock setting. Allow for a character select in matchmaking and be like the one in SF4 displaying the opponent's name and average ping.

And I want to see Juri in her not crappy Story Mode costume.

Capcom better keep their promise in Combo Breaker.

I want to see Training Mode Revamped.

I want settings to be saved in general and not have them by default every time I start the game and not having to press Apply when making changes. In the command list, moves should show their frame data like in Killer Instinct and toggle a display for the hitbox.

For online. Fix the fucking netcode, replace connection bar settings with ping and add a region lock setting. Allow for a character select in matchmaking and be like the one in SF4 displaying the opponent's name and average ping.

And I want to see Juri in her not crappy Story Mode costume.

Where did they promise all of that for Combo Breaker?

KingBroly

Banned
Survival Mode will now be all OHKO's, you have a random chance of getting a random color for any character. If you already have it, tough shit, you get nothing. And they're double all score requirements for boosters.

It's sad and funny because it's more likely to happen than them actually making it decent.

Skilletor

Did I ever said they promised that? They promised something special. I want to see more than just adding Arcade and Vs CPU.

You said, "They better keep their promise," and then went on to list a bunch of shit. The inference from the statement being that they promised those things.

vg260

Don't expect anything other than a reveal of who is coming next week. They never promised anything, so anything more than nothing can be considered "something special".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom