• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

robo_qwop

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";204765147]It's kinda weird how afraid capcom is to talk about Poison's gender when they're so inclusive with the SF cast in general.

I mean, you've got gay characters (Gief and Eagle), lesbian characters (Juni and Cammy and probably Juri), trans characters (Poison and M.Bison), furries (Blanka), rave orgy organizers(Gill), dominatrixes (C.Viper and Karin), S&M nuts(Doctrine Dark), feeders(rufus) voyeurs(Oro and Urien) and creepy stalkers (Sakura, Q and Vega).

Basically the whole spectrum.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, where's the vore enthusiast representative...

Order

Ibuki in less than 5 days

giphy.gif

DunpealD

I haven't been following the game much the past month, but is the general feeling that Guile is a dud?

General feeling seems to be divided. But bigger recovery on Sonic Booms, no invincible Flash Kick outside of EX and shorter normals do make him look less attractive.

Seems to be the case, though general feeling hasn't meant much in the past.

Still remember the good old times where people said Guile is OP after the release? Good times.

I haven't been following the game much the past month, but is the general feeling that Guile is a dud?

I will quote myself...

After the reveal trailer
"_____ looks awesome I can't wait to play with them."

Week after the release
"___ is garbage tier, worst character in the game"

This is going to be a fun few months.

The cycle will not be broken. Guile took a solid 3 weeks to become garbage though.

Sheroking

Certain so-called top players and message board posters had Elena as low-tier MONTHS after her release. Elena!

Don't believe a word anyone says about the viability of a character until we've had like 3 months with them.

Guys, Magneto does pixie damage, and Sentinel is too slow. But Iceman? His ice beam is like 8 hits and chips hard, man! And Guile's trip into super is mad broken! And Hayato has INFINITE METER when he lands his air super, which you can do after a magic series!

How'd that all turn out?

Producer

Guys, Magneto does pixie damage, and Sentinel is too slow. But Iceman? His ice beam is like 8 hits and chips hard, man! And Guile's trip into super is mad broken! And Hayato has INFINITE METER when he lands his air super, which you can do after a magic series!

How'd that all turn out?

Lol, and for u/mvc3 edition:
Sentinel is broken and has too much health
Magnetic blasts just arent good
Vergil needs 2 assists to be viable
etc etc

mbpm1

Certain so-called top players and message board posters had Elena as low-tier MONTHS after her release. Elena!

Don't believe a word anyone says about the viability of a character until we've had like 3 months with them.

Elena got buffed later tho

I still remember that ppl thought her healing was useless tho l m a o

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I will quote myself...

After the reveal trailer
"_____ looks awesome I can't wait to play with them."

Week after the release
"___ is garbage tier, worst character in the game"

This is going to be a fun few months.

The cycle will not be broken. Guile took a solid 3 weeks to become garbage though.

At least you're honest and consistent.

Soooo I've heard people say standby is a decent way to gauge connections before you play, since you can confirm/deny and check if it's actually a 5 or whatever you set it as. So how come whenever I try that, they still all say 5 and still torpedo once a match starts and end as a 2 or 3? Does it actually make a difference and I'm just having really bad luck, or is it still a gamble until the match actually starts?

If you're not top tier, you're bad

Good characters: Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Karin, Vega, Nash, Dhalsim, Necalli, R.Mika, Cammy
Bad characters: Birdie, Zangief, Laura, Alex, Guile, Rashid, Bison, F.A.N.G.

People are saying Guile is bad? What the hell? His Sonic Boom recovery is the only way to capitalize as a Cammy main.
Cammy is one of his tougher match ups... She is hard to keep out and her ability to change her jump arc means you have to guess what anti-air to use... If Guile's s.bHP was a good anti-air i'd be a little happier with the match up...

vulva

The design was understandable in Street Fighter 2 where you lose out on certain buttons, but in 4 it also cuts you off from throws and focus attacks. And if they keep it for 5, he loses throws, whatever the hell his v-skill will be, and won't be able to activate v-trigger. It's a lot for a move with pretty limited use.

I mean you could use it to get around fireballs, it became stronger the longer you held it, could combo in to super off it, doesn't use meter... it seems pretty reasonable to me to give that sort of limitation. If you really needed to focus you could just let go of the buttons (like lp first then the others) and just focus. The options to overcome the limitation existed, while still giving the inherent disadvantage that comes with the charge
SF2 stays winning. New and DLC characters stay losing.
yeah I loved playing as Necalli in SF2, the series went way downhill when they added in Guile, Bison and Zangief in the later titles.

Mediking

If you're not top tier, you're bad

Good characters: Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Karin, Vega, Nash, Dhalsim, Necalli, R.Mika, Cammy
Bad characters: Birdie, Zangief, Laura, Alex, Guile, Rashid, Bison, F.A.N.G.

Just because there's characters that are more inclined to win more than others... doesn't necessarily mean those characters are bad.
Cammy is one of his tougher match ups... She is hard to keep out and her ability to change her jump arc means you have to guess what anti-air to use... If Guile's s.bHP was a good anti-air i'd be a little happier with the match up...

Got any videos of a good Cammy main actually beating a good Guile?

KingBroly

Banned
Broken Tier: Ryu
Broken Face Tier: Ken

Really, Really Good Tier: Chun-Li, Nash, Necalli
Pretty Good Tier: Karin, Guile, Alex, Laura, Mika

Needs an Overhead Tier: Cammy

Fallen God Tier: Bison, Dhalsim, Vega
Needs a Workout Tier: Birdie, Rashid
Trash Tier: Zangief, FANG

Sheroking

FANG is a bad character too. Doesn't stop players like Sonic Fox and Xian from doing work with him lol.

FANG is a good character in every way except damage output. The second they hand out buffs, he's pretty relevant.

Zangief is the only unviable character in the game IMO. Even then, they buff his mobility or give him a way to ingress better and he becomes a good character. His jab and his SPD range are insane tools stuck on an otherwise limited character.

yeah I loved playing as Necalli in SF2, the series went way downhill when they added in Guile, Bison and Zangief in the later titles.
That's a pretty clever post right there.
FANG is a good character in every way except damage output. The second they hand out buffs, he's pretty relevant.

Zangief is the only unviable character in the game IMO. Even then, they buff his mobility or give him a way to ingress better and he becomes a good character. His jab and his SPD range are insane tools stuck on an otherwise limited character.
Yeah, they are damn good, but he still doesn't scare me as much as Tager or Potemkin. His ability to get in is just that bad.
Wow Bison was considered top not long ago.
He is one of the top most annoying characters to fight. That is about it.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Capcom: "We've decided to mix things up and throw that previous chart of season 1 characters out the window. Next up is Remy!"

I wish

Edgeward

They could pull a Sega Saturn, release a trailer at an event and at the end of it it's revealed that the character is available right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom