• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
for people who have this on steam, can you make a second account? my friend got the game on release, something messed up when he created his account and it just gave him a series of numbers for his name. he hasn't played the game at all so he doesnt have fight money or anything unlocked that hed be giving up. is there a way to make a new account?

FluxWaveZ

Oh man, it's the best when error 40006 appears right before the VS. screen and every number is erased with the only thing left being the player names. Wish that was an actual setting.

Quesa

for people who have this on steam, can you make a second account? my friend got the game on release, something messed up when he created his account and it just gave him a series of numbers for his name. he hasn't played the game at all so he doesnt have fight money or anything unlocked that hed be giving up. is there a way to make a new account?

on that account? I don't think so. But you could create a new Steam account, Family share the game with that account, and start over there. Not an ideal solution, but it's the best I've got.

Sigmaah

Jurrrrboi got super gold. I'm hype.

I took a break and just started watching and reading stuff then came back and now I'm seeing things I didn't see before, doing better combos etc.

Vega dat nigga.

Oh man, it's the best when error 40006 appears right before the VS. screen and every number is erased with the only thing left being the player names. Wish that was an actual setting.
You can take off the points/ranked being displayed. But not at the vs. screen.

I really think that would help me out though. I play more nervous when I run into tourney pro players.

Some of em I really feel like I can kick their butt.

@Sigmaah Congrats on hitting the Golden club mate...Keep leveling up!

Are we going to see Holy Ken in story mode?
Evil Ryu story wise and being an alt. Ryu character has been done enough, as a fan, I certainly wouldn’t mind Ken getting more love. But I don’t think an actual Street Fighter game has ever used the SF2:Animated movie storyline where Bison takes over Ken as a replacement to Ryu and brainwashes him into becoming his assassin like a new/improved “Cammy." He couldn’t find Ryu because of him being a wanderer, got Ken instead, destroyed his mind, and then Ken proceeded to whoop on a Ryu that didn’t want to fight his friend.

Would think that would be a cool storyline, but not sure about actually having another Ken in the game, Ken already plays pretty aggressive, it would be even less of a change in gameplay of E.Ryu and Ryu, but for storyline, I think it would be dope.

SephLuis

Evil Ryu story wise and being an alt. Ryu character has been done enough, as a fan, I certainly wouldn’t mind Ken getting more love. But I don’t think an actual Street Fighter game has ever used the SF2:Animated movie storyline where Bison takes over Ken as a replacement to Ryu and brainwashes him into becoming his assassin like a new/improved “Cammy." He couldn’t find Ryu because of him being a wanderer, got Ken instead, destroyed his mind, and then Ken proceeded to whoop on a Ryu that didn’t want to fight his friend.

Would think that would be a cool storyline, but not sure about actually having another Ken in the game, Ken already plays pretty aggressive, it would be even less of a change in gameplay of E.Ryu and Ryu, but for storyline, I think it would be dope.

They actually played with this scenario in Project X Zone 2.

I can only imagine how a mainline game would treat this.

Steroyd

Brb watching Gargos trailer for the feel of a new character trailer.

Oh man I got bodied so hard tonight, dropping combos left and right and not using proper blockstrings or frametraps, and I'm fighting crazy Kens but more measured... I'll need to kump back into ranked and try and get silver, so heartbreaking facing people who are just mashing srk. :(

robo_qwop

Sorry the connection wasn't great. Hope it wasn't too bad on your end. Fun games. Always nice to play underrepresented characters, especially Rashid since not many still play him. GGs

Who cares about connection. GGs, man. Serious footsies. Don't have a lot of vega experience so thanks, breh.

Oh, that time out match was pretty awesome.

Edgeward

Who cares about connection. GGs, man. Serious footsies. Don't have a lot of vega experience so thanks, breh.

Oh, that time out match was pretty awesome.

lol, yeah the move loses it's active frames after the initial roll so if you had slid or eagle spiked it would've killed me, I think.

Ah, yes, I could tell only because you weren't able to punish Vega's light roll which is -6. GGs again and let's do it again

robo_qwop

lol, yeah the move loses it's active frames after the initial roll so if you had slid or eagle spiked it would've killed me, I think.

Ah, yes, I could tell only because you weren't able to punish Vega's light roll which is -6. GGs again and let's do it again

Absolutely.

leroidys

So not owning a PS4 or decent PC, I haven't really gotten a chance to dig into this game yet, only stealing a couple matches in casual here and there on my roommates PS4. Finally had a chance to play ranked today. Keep getting up to bronze and then getting de-ranked to literally 0 LP. I feel like I'm learning a lot though.

What are you supposed to do on getup against Laura and Necali's EX command grabs? Faced one of each of these characters today that was really good at this. I could always expect it because I picked up on their spacing, but I just can't get anything out fast enough. edit: Trying to pick up Cammy btw, though my Ryu is much better.

Edgeward

So not owning a PS4 or decent PC, I haven't really gotten a chance to dig into this game yet, only stealing a couple matches in casual here and there on my roommates PS4. Finally had a chance to play ranked today. Keep getting up to bronze and then getting de-ranked to literally 0 LP. I feel like I'm learning a lot though.

What are you supposed to do on getup against Laura and Necali's EX command grabs? Faced one of each of these characters today that was really good at this. I could always expect it because I picked up on their spacing, but I just can't get anything out fast enough. edit: Trying to pick up Cammy btw, though my Ryu is much better.

Just neutral jump straight up. The whiff animation is really long that you can get a full jump in combo. This applies to all command grabs

I fucking LOVE staring at "Waiting for opponent" for ten minutes between getting double perfected or losing connection.

This is probably the most infuriating thing about playing ranked in SFV. Go on a losing streak, get salty, get really eager to redeem yourself, spend 10+ minutes waiting for that next match with every minute feeling twice as long as the next because your just seething right now.

leroidys

This is probably the most infuriating thing about playing ranked in SFV. Go on a losing streak, get salty, get really eager to redeem yourself, spend 10+ minutes waiting for that next match with every minute feeling twice as long as the next because your just seething right now.

Yeah, I finally did the port forwarding thing. Doesn't seem to be helping though.

Anyone care to give me any advice? I'm so fucking bad at this game that I don't even know where to start: a recent asskicking.

Edgeward

Yeah, I finally did the port forwarding thing. Doesn't seem to be helping though.

Anyone care to give me any advice? I'm so fucking bad at this game that I don't even know where to start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgh_tBzEuz4&feature=em-upload_owner

There are 3 things you should focus on and learn to master.

1) Antiairs - Being able to using Cammy's cannon spike to deny jump in attacks because that will allow your opponent to pressure you.

2) Blocking - in the event you can't anti-air and let them jump in, having the patience to block is valuable. No one can have infinite pressure without having gaps so just wait it out til they push themselves out of range and things are back in neutral. Because even though this game is fast paced, there still is a concept of turns. Some moves put the attacker in plus frame advantage, this means their next move will come out faster than yours even if you press at the same attack button at the same time. Then again, some are negative and means you can at the very least press jab or short and you can being your turn or attack. In general, jabs/shorts are plus at block, crouching medium attacks are too, and standing heavy attacks also. Negatives are sweep attacks (crouching roundhouse), most special attacks

3) Punishes - You will need to know what is unsafe in terms of moves and be able to react with a good enough punish. Example, after blocking a dragon punch you can punish them with st HK and get a crush counter. This puts them in a state that allows you to follow up with a combo. For now, start with something simple like cr mk into spiral arrow or cr mp into spiral arrow. Practice this in training mode. Record the dummy doing a dragon punch, block it and then punish it with st HK, cr mk/mp into spiral arrow.

And this is a suggestion but find someone to play with casually, either a friend or someone here, and make goals to these 3 things of being able to do in fights, and not focus on winning. When winning becomes your goal early on you will create bad habits, not learn from mistakes and end up hating your time. Having the right mindset for fighting games is essential and what people who end up not liking them aren't able to grasp.

Anyone care to give me any advice? I'm so fucking bad at this game that I don't even know where to start: a recent asskicking.

Agree with pretty much Edgeward said but I'm also going to say this. After every match, just take a deep breath. Regardless of whether you won or lost.

Just know that a lot of things come with practice, like knowing whether that jumpin is going to cross up or not, the best combos for different situations, what's punishable and isnt.

EDIT: In the video, you tried to use st.hk as an AA which is definitely the right thing to do 9/10 times, you just did it too early or late which again, is because of lack of practice and familiarity. Just remember not to get dissuaded from AA'ing, just because it didn't pan out once or twice.

qcf x2

Go to training mode, learn and practice ALL of Cammy's special moves, including EX variants. Figure out what the difference is between light/medium/heavy/EX. You did like a million sweeps which I can only assume was execution error (though you had a wild success rate with said sweeps).

Practice those regularly...however often you plan to play, whether it's daily or whatever, dedicate time just for training mode and getting your execution better. It's like anything else, the more you do it the easier it becomes.

Also figure out what her normal buttons do, how far they reach, which work as anti air (spoiler: back+mp and st hk are the best) and then set the training mode dummy to CPU level... 4. And practice punishing jump ins, punishing blocked attacks, etc.

Steroyd

Crouching Hk, is a move you should never use, hell I beat myself up when I use it because my brain goes into stupid mode during fights, back medium punch should be your favourite anti air option it snipes people in the air before they can get their special move out like Ken's air tatsu for example, use standing Hk if they jump in at you from a distance.

Don't back off too much, do respect what your opponent can do but stand your ground, Ken is so good at carrying you into a corner you don't need to help him.

Learn some bread and butter combo's for example if you block a DP start with St HK --> fwd HK --> cr MP --> Spiral Arrow

I had a dream that there was a completely hidden character in the game that nobody had found yet. It was a new character, male, and had a really cool fighting style.

I had a dream that there was a completely hidden character in the game that nobody had found yet. It was a new character, male, and had a really cool fighting style.

Red Eyes and Red hair?

EDIT: Oh sorry, new character. Probably that kid in the background of Hillside Plaza in the red shirt.

so weird that they learned from the alex mistakes last month and released infos early and had some press and a trailer and now we're back to square one with no info at all until the last possible moment.

Can't wait for Remy to join the game this weekend and everyone finds out he is Bisons son

Or Vega

Or Sagat

obviously not true

Probably a secret love child from Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom