• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendX48

From 1717 to 1800s back to 1500ish. Ugh. Thinking about just throwing matches until I get back to 0 and basically start over to see where I actually do fit. Too many people in bronze that have no business being there.

Xeteh

Damn, might need to make a new avatar!

cammy11_by_phamoz-d9uhm4u.jpg

hamchan

From 1717 to 1800s back to 1500ish. Ugh. Thinking about just throwing matches until I get back to 0 and basically start over to see where I actually do fit. Too many people in bronze that have no business being there.

Well, you'd just end up in the same place again >_>

FluxWaveZ

Where you are right now is where you fit.

Where you are right now is where you fit.

Harsh.
He does actually seem too good for ub imo. In my experience, the match ups you get in that range are stupid. Lag switchers, flow chart players, and good players as well. It's a hard rank to climb out of. I've had a much smoother climbing experience since I left it.

FluxWaveZ

Harsh.
He does actually seem too good for ub imo. In my experience, the match ups you get in that range are stupid. Lag switchers, flow chart players, and good players as well. It's a hard rank to climb out of. I've had a much smoother climbing experience since I left it.

Huh? I think you misunderstood what I meant; I've never seen LegendX48 play. What I'm saying is that where someone is in their league, unless they are a rage quitter, is where they are meant to be at that given moment. No matter who they are or where they are ranked.

Of course, I'm not really talking about people who don't spend much time in Ranked. Those are inherently outliers to that statement.

FluxWaveZ

I get sent right back to the line bordering super and ultra bronze so often I feel like I don't belong in either. It's annoying to say the least.

I think it's especially true when you're constantly wavering between two leagues. That means that's essentially your skill range relating to the league. You only break through and get promoted past that once you have sufficiently leveled up as a player.

Huh? I think you misunderstood what I meant; I've never seen LegendX48 play. What I'm saying is that where someone is in their league, unless they are a rage quitter, is where they are meant to be at that given moment. No matter who they are or where they are ranked.

Of course, I'm not really talking about people who don't spend much time in Ranked. Those are inherently outliers to that statement.

I understand you weren't trying to insult. But it kinda seems harsh to tell someone trying to improve something like that. I'd rather tell them to try harder.
I'm the sensitive type, sue me

FluxWaveZ

I understand you weren't trying to insult. But it kinda seems harsh to tell someone trying to improve something like that. I'd rather tell them to try harder.

Oh, that's just a given. Obviously, someone's goal is to improve, and break through their league rut. But there is also nothing helpful in someone thinking that they should be lower or higher than they are if they are playing a bunch of ranked. They are theoretically where they should be, and going from there is to figure out how to go even higher.

thelastword

Banned
No probably not. Seems a bit late to patch it now that everyone is used to it on PS4. The PC version with V-sync off with forever remain the most responsive version of the game.
I swear when I play against some PC guys or even some PS4 guys I just can't react, it seems they can do a million moves before my buttons even register. Whiff punishing in some games is just impossible, I press the buttons but no dice, it's just weird. That netcode doesn't help too, the jumping/morphing can be very bad. It also takes two years for me to get a game, so I don't know if it's an issue on my end. I'd say at this point PC guys have a huge advantage with vsync off.

LegendX48

I swear when I play against some PC guys or even some PS4 guys I just can't react, it seems they can do a million moves before my buttons even register. Whiff punishing is some games is just impossible, I press the buttons but no dice, it's just weird. That netcode doesn't help too, the jumping/morphing can be very bad. It also takes two years for me to get a game, so I don't know if it's an issue on my end. I'd say at this point PC guys have a huge advantage with vsync off.
Nah, even on the PC version with vsync off, it's hard as nails to whiff punish. Feels like everyone's got moves with zero recovery but me lol

rec0ded1

I swear when I play against some PC guys or even some PS4 guys I just can't react, it seems they can do a million moves before my buttons even register. Whiff punishing is some games is just impossible, I press the buttons but no dice, it's just weird. That netcode doesn't help too, the jumping/morphing can be very bad. It also takes two years for me to get a game, so I don't know if it's an issue on my end. I'd say at this point PC guys have a huge advantage with vsync off.

Nah, even on the PC version with vsync off, it's hard as nails to whiff punish. Feels like everyone's got moves with zero recovery but me lol

Glad I'm not the only one feeling it. Some matches are so damn responsive and I can pull of some cool stuff but it's usually just like you guys describe. PC players wreck me but I figured it was a mental thing.

LegendX48

Well, back to the 1700s, 1791 no less. Feel kinda guilty for not giving the super silver player I deranked a run back, or the other silver player, but I need to stop doing 2/3s in ranked, it just makes me salty @_@

LegendX48

you ain't missing much as far as how I play is concerned. What annoys me is that I have beaten silver, super silver and super gold players before, not many, but I've done it. Meanwhile I get stomped regularly by bronze and super bronze.

It's irritating.

y u ducking

So I can stop with some form of progress made >.>

You guys worry too much about the ranks, imo.

Just play people. Skill varies, and is not tied to their rank a lot of times.

It's good to play a wide scope of styles and tactics.

rec0ded1

lol lag switcher ragequit even though i worked through the lag in the last round. Along with the RQ lockout they should also make it that you cant face the same player in ranked after a certain period. Sucks when you get murdered 2/3 and then fight them again right after.

You guys worry too much about the ranks, imo.

Just play people. Skill varies, and is not tied to their rank a lot of times.

It's good to play a wide scope of styles and tactics.
this...

Good example, if you are solid, and main Sim, you are more likely to have a higher rank than a player of the same skill level who happens to main Gief. Sim has great offense in this game, and it takes a bit of practice to defend against him well, know when to punish his teleports, sweeps, what’s safe etc...Sim will rank you up if you know what you’re doing.

Doesn’t necessarily mean you are actually getting better at the game, even if you’re winning. Sometimes, it’s unfamiliarity with the character. Getting the best out of someone in 2 matches instead of a set. Your character of choice having a higher learning curve, match-up knowledge. So so much...

Rank is good, it’s a great way to meet new strong players, get a reward for leveling up in skill, etc...but don’t be surprised if you hit 10K and go to a tourney and still get crushed way below top 100 lol.

Why did they decide to improve the netcode but make the match-making 100 times worst than SFIV? Why not just allow player lists as an option in ranked and let players search lobbies by region?

thelastword

Banned

Glad I'm not the only one feeling it. Some matches are so damn responsive and I can pull of some cool stuff but it's usually just like you guys describe. PC players wreck me but I figured it was a mental thing.
One thing is sure, the input lag and the netcode must be enhanced, some games play allright, but it can be very awful too. A mixture of input lag and morphing players who just disappear/reappear and hit you into a combo is the most weird and disjointed thing I've seen online.

Xeteh

So I know I'm pretty dumb. Its nothing new... I decided to take another shot at Hard Survival with Cammy and its going insanely well and its really weird that it has the same set of opponents as normal survival does, then I realize I'm doing normal.

I beat the shit out of normal, I'm fucking awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom